Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

martyos121 wrote: »
    Not sure what your boards name is MaxiBurke, but I only have until 10 to do our tournament fights if you can make it by then. It'll have to be tomorrow evening otherwise if Zero allows it.

His boards name is "I pussed out". Never-mind asking Zero to allow it, you should be begging me for forgiveness for delaying my inauguration as tourney champ. So hurry along there and finish your game of touch butt. The champs pixelated fist is getting restless.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

RebelSoul wrote: »
    His boards name is "I pussed out". Never-mind asking Zero to allow it, you should be begging me for forgiveness for delaying my inauguration as tourney champ. So hurry along there and finish your game of touch butt. The champs pixelated fist is getting restless.

I'm taking this one fight at a time Rebel. Your chance to smell the canvas will come soon, have no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think his boards name is jarain and yeah no prob to put it off a day or 2 if ye can pm each other to sort a time :). Axwel and logan have to arrange their fight as well anyway.

Don't want to give anything away because of the tournament, but there's one or two techniques that win me every fight and I hope to God they don't get nerfed in a patch!

Went from 3-7 in divisions to 25-11 and the middle of Divison 3, pretty chuffed with myself.

Marty with the cheese! Insta thai clinch? 2 gate subs from clinch? Power single leg takedown to side control and then kumura transition into armbar??

Few easy ways to finish fights quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think his boards name is jarain and yeah no prob to put it off a day or 2 if ye can pm each other to sort a time :). Axwel and logan have to arrange their fight as well anyway.

I want a new tournament up and running im creating an interim title :pac:

Marty with the cheese! Insta thai clinch? 2 gate subs from clinch? Power single leg takedown to side control and then kumura transition into armbar??

Few easy ways to finish fights quickly.

None of those actually! Hopefully I meet you in the tournament and I can show you first hand though. :D

None of those actually! Hopefully I meet you in the tournament and I can show you first hand though. :D

In the words of Rubberbandits "**** you Marty"

There's 20 hours left til the live event picks close.

In the words of Rubberbandits "**** you Marty"

There's 20 hours left til the live event picks close.

When I'm finished with you you'll closely resemble the spastic haaawwk.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Oh snap the King is dead, tourney is wide open!

Stuffins, what style did you pick? Boxer is the only one with a decent chin. A BJJ guy can get KO'd in 1 or 2 shots. When picking styles, go to Athleticism section and check Chin stats. Weird in official forum is everyone picking Boxer and asking devs to improve athleticism across all styles. Saying that it's nice pouching bjj and subbing boxers ASAP but then it's just more like the early UFC days instead of actual mixed martial arts.

Yeah, chose BJJ. Damn! I'll create a boxer.

Although the wins i've gotten have all come by sub. It was pretty easy to sb them to be honest...... just had to try not get KO'd first.

• Advertisement

KO'd a guy with a flying knee in UT, better that it was with the Joker and better still, the coins I got from it reached me the 100k Making Bank trophy and unlocked the Platinum :D

Sorry Zero, but I'm going to have to one up you here! :D

Sorry for the bad quality, never uploaded to YT before. That was in online in Division 2 in UT by the way.

Defeated MaxiBurke, fun fights, never got as far as the CM Punk fight which really could've gone either way. Can't say I'm proud of my tactics, but I'm not good enough in the standup game haha.

So, who's next? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Defeated MaxiBurke, fun fights, never got as far as the CM Punk fight which really could've gone either way. Can't say I'm proud of my tactics, but I'm not good enough in the standup game haha.

So, who's next? :)

Marty is being modest! Not a chance it was going to the third!!!

Getting worried about this Marty bollix acting on the ground moves :)

Just Axwel and Marky91 left before we can kick off the semi's. Actually Rebelsoul and Martyos can kick off their semi whenever ye'r ready.

I'm definitely playing the quiet game on this one, don't want to give anything away haha.

To be honest, I still haven't gotten to grips with the game fully, there's a couple of moves that win fights for me but anyone that stops them usually destroys me online. The problem with the game is that those moves aren't easily stopped, so I really wanna get this tournament done before the next patch! :D

Fantasy event video is up

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1004588359579020&id=402494049788457

Coleman Beat Lewis by KO - RD 1
    Rumble Beat Griffin by KO - RD 1
    BJ beat Lentz by Sub - RD 2
    GSP beat Robbie by split decision

They seem to have removed the Bones Chuck fight for some reason.

I got 3 picks right, 2 spot on (rumble and gsp). I changed my bj pick from sub rd 2 to ko. Sickened.

Got GSP and Rumble exactly right too IIRC, also had BJ and the Hammer but not perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just got into Division 2 with one of my fighters. First fight I get and my opponent starts clinch spamming. Thankfully I know how to get out, but I can see how it could be abused when fighting newer players.

KO'd the guy inside 3mins to get a title.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I'm definitely playing the quiet game on this one, don't want to give anything away haha.

So in keeping quiet what you really are saying is that your stand up is muck and you are easily beaten there and dont let it go to the ground. Take note Rebel take note...

• Advertisement

So just Axwell and Marky91 left to fight. Are ye able to schedule a match lads? No prob if anyone can't make it, should be starting up a 2nd tourney/league shortly after this anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Been trying to catch hold of Mark but no sign - sent multiple messages last night but no reply and was on Sunday night and sent a few. Will be on again tonight Mark if you are around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Axwell wrote: »
    Been trying to catch hold of Mark but no sign - sent multiple messages last night but no reply and was on Sunday night and sent a few. Will be on again tonight Mark if you are around?

If he doesn't show we should have a replacement lined up. Bit like The Ultimate Fighter.

Now who has been knocked out of the tournament but deserves another shot? ... It's tough one ;)

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    If he doesn't show we should have a replacement lined up. Bit like The Ultimate Fighter.

Now who has been knocked out of the tournament but deserves another shot? ... It's tough one ;)

I have a friend called Shmartem. He's never played the game before but I vouch for him and that's all that matters :D

We'll see if Marky and Axwell can fight tonight. If still no reply by then, there might be someone who missed this tourney but has been training in the background waiting for the call...

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

I got jiu jitsu too muthaf**ker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I have a friend called Shmartem. He's never played the game before but I vouch for him and that's all that matters :D

We'll see if Marky and Axwell can fight tonight. If still no reply by then, there might be someone who missed this tourney but has been training in the background waiting for the call...

I was just doing shots with the lads in Bundoran there last week, but I'm generally in shape so I'm confident I can make weight in time if I get the nod.

shrewdness wrote: »
    I was just doing shots with the lads in Bundoran there last week, but I'm generally in shape so I'm confident I can make weight in time if I get the nod.

I will foot the bill for your training and pay your PS Plus expenses to take this fight. Let's take Axwell down together!

And stop booing me! Boo him, he's the bad guy!

And stop booing me! Boo him, he's the bad guy!

You are the one using dodgy soon to be patched techniques! :pac:

How's your rubber guard Marty?

Axwell wrote: »
    You are the one using dodgy soon to be patched techniques! :pac:

How's your rubber guard Marty?

Excellent, just like the rest of my jiu jitsu game, top or bottom!

Crawl atop me and meet your doom!

Brazilian+jujitsu+works+crawl+atop+me+and+meet+your+doom+_b26062c9f665a96c2c37168a675e95b6.jpg

• Advertisement

At this stage we'll have to have a chat party press conference before the semis. I'll send Ariel an invite on twitter.

Advertisement