Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Options
  • 07-07-2015 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,485 ✭✭✭✭

So looks like UFC 2 is in development with the Dev talk below showing how they are taking broken things from the 1st game and implementing fixes for UFC 2. Dev has also started releasing gifs of new moves but only showing them using stop motion with his Rich & Chuck figures :). Dev confimed he will be releasing more of these.

So, what are ye hoping for in the next game? I seriously hope they put a lot of thought into a proper career mode with some kind of background story to keep things interesting. The ground game needs work to make it feel more fluid and to have an inective to stop people from picking only champs online.

I'm guessing Conor will make the cover whether he is champ or not.

I'm not looking forward to a lack of gear customisation with the Reebok uniforms.

3o85xGYiJPcxl6m1I4.gif

3oEduZB96zlg06HfGg.gif

Dev talk:
    http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1021794/Animation-Bootcamp-UFC-Animation

354502.PNG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Enjoyed the first game but I literally have no idea what I'm doing most of the time aside from the basic controls. I wish I had the time to dedicate to it.

It's just really a button basher whilst having a few drinks with the lads for me at this stage. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,485 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, in that dev talk they say how there are too many different commands for the same move like a takedown and they need to simplify it to flow better. Problem is, MMA is so complex it could do with the controller having an extra 5 buttons. I don't know how the devs can make it simpler but keep the complexity But i think something has to be done alright.

Anytime I was playing it locally with lads who called up, I couldn't even explain to them how the ground game worked so we basically had kickboxing fights.

They need to make the impact feeling from rocking and ko's more.. Whats the word? Umpht!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I tired of the last game very quickly. I'll be passing on this. I can imagine it being like FIFA with EA churning out the same game every year with updated roster and minor tweaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Career mode needs an overhaul for a start , I never really felt involved in it and it gets repetitive fighting the same guys. Adding the ability to move up and down weight classes would make it much better and the ability for lower ranked fighters to improve, come up the rankings and then face you rather than facing the same top 3-4 every title fight.

Movement and controls needs some work as well , it's not fluid enough.

Dev confirmed on official forums that the ground game is
    the single most acknowledged change that's coming.

He also confirmed that each of his stop motion vids have a secret that when put together gives info on a new feature in Striking. Vids still coming every week so riddle isn't complete yet. Here's 2 more.

3oEdvbp0TSu87JlN3W.gif

xTiTnqtUVohk7FuJJC.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Hopefully it's less rock-em sock-em robots this time around. Would prefer a more simulation type game like the old UFC games used to have

dulux99 wrote: »
    Hopefully it's less rock-em sock-em robots this time around. Would prefer a more simulation type game like the old UFC games used to have

EA UFC 1 has a Simulation Mode settings which is supposed to severely punish you stamina wise for spamming attack. I've never tried it but must go back and give it a go. The latest update I think did a good job balancing stamina and striking in regular settings. Fairly easy to beat someone who is spamming attacks by just letting them tire themselves out. Haven't play online in yonks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Near everyone picks Jose Aldo it seems online and spams knees and body kicks; most fights are lightweight/featherweight fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Clinch game needs to be fixed, and people getting up from the ground just by clicking L3 needs to go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Tinie wrote: »
    Near everyone picks Jose Aldo it seems online and spams knees and body kicks; most fights are lightweight/featherweight fights.

I used to just pick Jacare or Nick Diaz and go for the Gogoplata submission that only needed three advances to win it was unreal!

ASOT wrote: »
    I used to just pick Jacare or Nick Diaz and go for the Gogoplata submission that only needed three advances to win it was unreal!

I did the same with Mir, used to love submitting everyone picking Cain.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

The big thing they could fix is the loading times, I have an SSD in my PS4 and it still took far too long to even navigate menus.

The amount of times I got sick of waiting and quit when I accidentally selected options ->25 seconds of loading in -> 25 seconds of loading back to the right screen.

Not sure how it ever got past QA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yeah menus are so slow and clunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Any possible release date?

Summer 2016 i'm guessing to coincide with UFC 200?

Agree on the menus and fight load times. Played a bit yesterday and forgot how long it takes to get into a fIght.

I'm really hoping spring 2016 release date. EA have a showing at Gamescon in August, hoping they announce it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Agree on the menus and fight load times. Played a bit yesterday and forgot how long it takes to get into a fIght.

I'm really hoping spring 2016 release date. EA have a showing at Gamescon in August, hoping they announce it there.
    Loading times take an age considering how quick the fights can be over. Think my quickest was 17 seconds and it took at least 90 to load.

IT'S (almost) TIIIIIIIIIMMMEEEE

Check out @EASPORTSUFC's Tweet: https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/663823397248507908?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

IT'S (almost) TIIIIIIIIIMMMEEEE

Check out @EASPORTSUFC's Tweet: https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/663823397248507908?s=09

Cant see this im in work? release date please??!!!!

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »
    Cant see this im in work? release date please??!!!!

Just says "The wait is finally over, Tune in tomorrow" So looks like it will be officially announced today. Would be class if there was a release date but I'm guessing a very vague and brief teaser trailer.

Also guessing it will be Ronda and Conor on the cover (especially if he beats Aldo).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Just says "The wait is finally over, Tune in tomorrow" So looks like it will be officially announced today. Would be class if there was a release date but I'm guessing a very vague and brief teaser trailer.

Also guessing it will be Ronda and Conor on the cover (especially if he beats Aldo).

Thanks for that. Conor rated 99 aswell haha. im kinda sirry i traded in the first game as i get the urge every now and again to play it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Very much looking forward to this, but looking forward even more to the Red Panty DLC. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shave A Bullock

Will probably still get this but hope there's improvement from the last one, far from perfect it was.

Release date Spring 2016. Features revealed this Friday.

Poor ol Gus can't catch a break

A5WgIsIX2vegw.gif

Some eagle eyes have spotted a Knockout Mode with speculation being a K1 style mode but I didn't think UFC would want any non mma stuff in the game.

Someone also spotted ultimate team mode with caf's. Could be a make your own camp of fighters. Glad to see some new features anyway, mad to see what Friday brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Release date Spring 2016. Features revealed this Friday.

I hate when they say "Spring", could be anytime from February to May :( Or September if it's like GTA

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

As long as Build Your Own Event mode is back from Undisputed 3 I'll be happy.

Was absolutely great fun making a card from the ground up and playing all the fights with the lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Looking forward to this

Binge played the first one and after 2 weeks felt that I had a reasonable grasp on what the hell I was doing, all except for submissions. Dunno if that needs to be dumbed down or I need to try harder though :pac:

A bigger roster, better UI, polish up animations and I'd be happy.

Advertisement