Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

That's a ****ing joke

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Found a transition yesterday I hadn't seen before. Not sure if it's new with the patch or was always there but a dev confirmed it has to do with your BJJ moveset and the opponents stamina being low. One of my favourite transitions in real life so was beaming to see it in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Found a transition yesterday I hadn't seen before. Not sure if it's new with the patch or was always there but a dev confirmed it has to do with your BJJ moveset and the opponents stamina being low. One of my favourite transitions in real life so was beaming to see it in the game.

Yeah that looks new.

So I can see we can play the Live Event competition. Has anyone submitted scores yet? Not that it would matter as the current winner is 100-1. It's a class mode though how both fighters have the same stats.

Also, this game is on sale on PSN store for 1 more day. 70 down to 45 euro, just in case anyone was waiting on a sale to pick it up.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/ea-sports-ufc-2/cid=EP0006-CUSA01936_00-EASPORTSUFC2GAME

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That Live Event competition can feck right off, some serious players in that. Best I could manage was 6-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Anyone up for a competition between all us boardsies got the game few weeks ago say myself Kesh cian and Scott will play phobaas thinking about purchasing so hopefully we can get comps exactly like the fifa bhoys going

Farty88 wrote: »
    Anyone up for a competition between all us boardsies got the game few weeks ago say myself Kesh cian and Scott will play phobaas thinking about purchasing so hopefully we can get comps exactly like the fifa bhoys going

Yeah man, we are in the middle of a league at the moment (Axwell, how many weeks is the league by the way?) Should be getting another tourney going soon. We have a message group on PS4, will add ya and you can add the lads, big enough group of people on most nights for scraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Are the ranked online fights stacked in anyway against the defending champion? The only two fights I've lost so far are championship fights. Both by decision. Despite having more significant strikes, more take downs, rocked my opponent more times. The only place my opponent outscored me was leg kicks. Very frustrating. Still fun though.

New update coming soon, Dev releasing patch notes on twitter. Clinch updates info today...

Reduced damage of knees on the cinch.
    Increased counter damage after you deny a clinch.
    Increased counter window after denying a clinch.
    Punches in single collar clinch no longer stop transitions.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

New update coming soon, Dev releasing patch notes on twitter. Clinch updates info today...

Reduced damage of knees on the cinch.
    Increased counter damage after you deny a clinch.
    Increased counter window after denying a clinch.
    Punches in single collar clinch no longer stop transitions.

Praise Jesus. Online might actually be fun and unpredictable now and not just Thai clinch spamming.

New update now available:

https://www.easports.com/ufc/news/2016/ea-sports-ufc-2-content-update-4?utm_campaign=ufc2_hd_ww_ic_ic_fb_content-update-4-fb-060216&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&cid=6153&ts=1464887095857&sf46705599=1

The fourth content update for EA SPORTS UFC 2 is now available for download worldwide on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This content update adds two new fighters, UFC Ultimate Team features, and gameplay updates.
    NEW FIGHTERS

Karolina Kowalkiewicz - Women's Strawweight

Thiago Tavares - Men’s Featherweight
    UFC Ultimate Team

Fighter Showpieces: Celebrate momentous victories in UFC history through Fighter Showpieces. Collect all Fighter Showpieces in Ultimate Team for epic rewards!

Item Scouting: A new way to acquire Ultimate Team items. Every day, 5 different items will be available to buy with coins. Users can spend coins to manually refresh the list of items available and use UFC Points to lock an item until they have enough coins to buy it.

Highlights of the Week: A new tab in the Ultimate Team store that showcases new and highlighted items for each week. Come see what’s available in packs!

Improved Create a Fighter flow: When creating a new fighter in Ultimate Team, players will now be shown a randomized fighter and can jump directly into the Ultimate Team mode with that fighter. Players can also cycle through multiple randomized fighters or use the original Create a Fighter feature for full customization control.
    GAMEPLAY UPDATES

Removed the ability of punches in Single Collar Clinch to deny clinch transitions.
    Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt.
    Added the ability to deny clinch attempts when following through with a strike.
    Added counter damage modifier after clinch denial.
    Added new momentum scenarios to various ground positions.
    Added new logic to control when different strike types can interrupt a takedown.
    Punish the defender in a submission for defending a chain before it appears by taking away some defensive progress.
    Pushing in the wrong direction to deny submission chain blocks the defending fighter from pushing in the correct direction.
    Reduced Thai Knee Damage by 10%.
    Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2.
    Gave fighters who have the sit out sweep in sprawl the option to also do the half guard escape.
    Tuned the submissive fighter's escape from back mount to half guard to be a bit more challenging.
    AI tuning.
    Various Gameplay and Animation updates.

New fantasy live event up to play, based on what seems to be fights that have been cancelled due to injuries and suspensions in the last few months. Headlined by Dos Anjos vs. McGregor.

That's actually a great idea. I haven't tried it since the new patch (damn Witcher 3) but will have to give this a lash.

That's actually a great idea. I haven't tried it since the new patch (damn Witcher 3) but will have to give this a lash.

Would be a pretty insane card IRL. Rest of it is PVZ vs Calderwood, Machida vs Hendo, Penn vs Siver, Silva vs Hall and Rockhold vs Weidman.

New patch live now. The Iminari Roll takedown is a class addition.
    The fifth content update for EA SPORTS UFC 2 is now available for download worldwide on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This update adds three fighters, additional moves to Ultimate Team and Create a Fighter, and AI Tuning.

NEW FIGHTERS

Josh Samman - Men's Middleweight

Lorenz Larkin - Men's Welterweight

Leonardo Santos - Men's Lightweight

GAMEPLAY UPDATES

Added Stockton Slap and Imanari Roll

Takedown moves to both UFC Ultimate Team and Create a Fighter
    Adjusted AI tendencies regarding Stamina Management and Kicking for specific fighters.

Can't wait to use the Imanari roll, will be a great way to take the fight to the ground before people figure it out, even if you don't get the sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy this now?

There is a free 5 hour trial on xbox one and ps4 right now. Available just for this weekend.

Xbox One

From Xbox Home (dashboard)
    Tab over to Store page
    Select “Search games store”
    Search for “EA SPORTS UFC 2”
    Select “EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2” from the results
    Select the “Get it FREE” option

PlayStation 4

From PlayStation Dynamic menu (dashboard)
    Select PlayStation Store
    Search for “EA SPORTS UFC 2”
    Select “EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2” from the results
    Scroll down to the Demo category
    Select the Trial
    Select “Get Free Demo”

Was looking through the featured packs in UT and I saw there's a new limited one called the Blast Pack, where any fighter showcase item is from an SBG fighter. Nothing major but I thought that was kinda cool especially for the week that's in it.

• Advertisement

That is class! The live event final is on at the moment in Vegas. Gonna catch the replay later but interesting to see the tactics being used

I had 50k UT points built up. spent it all buying 4 Blast packs. Not 1 fighter showcase card. All shyte cards, absolute ****ing waste.

Yeah most packs are useless these days. Opened an event pack earlier thinking I'd get a Cormier double leg or something and I get a level 3 Northcutt spinning kick. I already have around 6 of them. It's a complete money racket, thank god I don't spend real money on it.

New live event is up, International Games, clear Olympics theme for the week that's in it.

Rousey vs Shevchenko
    Cormier vs Henderson
    Lombard vs Nick Diaz
    Jacare vs Romero
    McMann vs Randamie
    Cejudo vs Horiguchi

Anyone else still playing this? Really enjoying it myself, dip in and out and it's perfect for playing a few fights and leaving it for a few days again, just doesn't get boring. If anyone's around for a few scraps one of the days, give us a shout.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yup still play it every few days or so - dip in and play UT a bit on it, then when I go on a losing streak I get bored and scrap my fighter and build a new one just for the sake of it and switch to a different style as I have so many cards in my collection at this stage to suit different styles etc. Its grand, something to play to kill some time but I have to say UT is all i really play and even at that its nowhere near as good as I hope - although I had expected that at the time based off the offerings UT is in FIFA and what I expected to be the limited amount you could do in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Play the online divisions every couple of days. Some people are absolutely unbelievable at it.

Only the odd time to play a bit of Ultimate Team but even that's gone stale. They made an absolute bollox of the card packs. Cool interesting oacks added nearly every week but I never get signature cards, just crappy throws from the clinch. Put me off buying cards altogether.

Haven't seen any sign of a new patch either. I think this needs to be a yearly game if it's happy with it's lack of content. Other yearly sports games have way more modes/features that actually keep me playing all year and I don't even watch other sports. Hopefully they have some new mode planned to add as DLC. Even just inject colour into the shorts as that's a thing now.

Also, I wonder if the new owners will have any input on the game and the future of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

I dip in and out myself. Its my go to game when I want to kill time or just zone out. Haven't played UT in while though. Kinda got bored with it, might create a new fighter and go again as I'm losing a lot more than I'm winning in ranked championships.

New patch coming. Whats that magic combo he's referring to?

notes so far from lead dev https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower

Added the ability to block when in any level of hit reaction to the legs or body. This should fix the "magic combo" issues. #patchspoilers

Tuned AI transition denial success rate to be more dependent on grapple advantage #patchspoilers

Increased stand up arm health damage taken when holding High Block by 20% #patchspoilers

Reduced stand up arm health recovery when holding High Block by 20% #patchspoilers

Fixed exploit that allowed fighters to hold their opponent in side saddle with little opportunity for escape #patchspoilers

• Advertisement

If that magic combo they're nerfing is the straight, lead uppercut, rear overhand, I have got absolutely nothing to offer in the standup anymore. :(

Was destroying lads in side saddle too, shame that's getting fixed but my crucifix is nearly inescapable. :)

Advertisement