Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tuner Update released

- Increased stamina tax for consecutive spinning and jumping strikes
    - Record updates for Hunt vs Mir
    - Record updates for Rothwell vs dos Santos
    - Attribute updates for Miesha Tate and Holly Holm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Tuner Update released

- Increased stamina tax for consecutive spinning and jumping strikes
    - Record updates for Hunt vs Mir
    - Record updates for Rothwell vs dos Santos
    - Attribute updates for Miesha Tate and Holly Holm

Looks like some fights are gonna get a whole lot easier :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

Ill have a go too, im absolutely awful at the game but sure! Rubberbandits7

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

In rebelsouls1974.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

In: DamoK21

• Advertisement

How did everyone do in the live event? I got 6 correct picks but only 1 perfect pick. Had correct methods for 3 of the fights but was a round off in each. Sickner.

How did everyone do in the live event? I got 6 correct picks but only 1 perfect pick. Had correct methods for 3 of the fights but was a round off in each. Sickner.

Got 5/6 results correct with 2 perfect.

Will I get anything? This is the first I've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Not sure who it was in the group chat suggesting it, but using struve against tyson is hilarious, 13" reach advantage :D

Simply Red wrote: »
    Not sure who it was in the group chat suggesting it, but using struve against tyson is hilarious, 13" reach advantage :D

That was me :v
    Probably my favourite thing to do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

God career mode is sh1te

Lost 2 fights in a row, both by ko

Then got a title shot and lost

Got a chance to move down a division, won one fight and got another title shot which I again lost

All round it's probably worse than the last career mode

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Got 5/6 results correct with 2 perfect.

Will I get anything? This is the first I've done.

There is a rewards section in Live Events section that show what you won. Not sure if they are updated yet though. You can win UT Packs: 3rd place Premium pack, 2nd place Event Pack, 1st place All top moves from event. I think you need 5 perfect picks at least to get the top prize.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hey lads,

Gonna get this league up and running shortly. So far the names I have are below - will setup everything on Wednesday evening so if you want in let me know before 6pm Wed as I will have the fights setup after that and it will be too late to go adding someone in at that stage.

Axwell - IrishWolverine
    jarain - MaxiBurke
    Zero-Cool - Sheehy83
    Soby -Carefree_Ste
    D.Q - azzlejazzle
    RebelSoul - RebelSouls1974
    Gamebred -thenotorious77
    Mr Blobby - Mr_Blobby999
    Lucas Hood - Coletrickle1988
    Ireland Dylan - Rubberbandits7
    Walter.White - DamoK21

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Got 5/6 correct picks with 1 perfect. Had the MOV right in 2 others just the wrong round.

Live event updates in - only got a standard premium pick for 3000 points. Needed 5000 for the jumbo one or 7500 for the MOTN pack. In fairness I hate playing out the fights so I lose out on those points. When its a decision having to grind out 3 rounds and not knock the opponent out is boring as ****!

Axwell wrote: »
    Live event updates in - only got a standard premium pick for 3000 points. Needed 5000 for the jumbo one or 7500 for the MOTN pack. In fairness I hate playing out the fights so I lose out on those points. When its a decision having to grind out 3 rounds and not knock the opponent out is boring as ****!

Exactly, what happened me in the Rose fight, I picked Rose by decison but changed it as I just didn't want to do 3 roundsof standing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Exactly, what happened me in the Rose fight, I picked Rose by decison but changed it as I just didn't want to do 3 roundsof standing there.

The two of ye got off easy by comparison, I predicted a decision in the Teixeira fight. That was torture to play out. :(

I got 5,900 points (5k needed for fight Night pack) and what a pack indeed. A 5 star triangle from guard, a Chiesa 4 star flying rear naked choke and a Khabib 4 star double leg to full mount.

Also new live event up for UFC 197. i see at least 3 decisions including MM 5 round fight.... bollix

I got 5,900 points (5k needed for fight Night pack) and what a pack indeed. A 5 star triangle from guard, a Chiesa 4 star flying rear naked choke and a Khabib 4 star double leg to full mount.

Is that one of the contextual takedowns? I equipped one like that to my BW weeks ago but it only got me to half guard, then one time I tried it while my opponent threw a kick and it worked perfectly, straight to full mount.

Not sure, it doesn't say on the move screen which is stupid.

• Advertisement

The worst thing for me is in the moves screen, you can't see which situation you need to be in for a lot of takedowns, especially all the clinch ones. It's a pain because you have to figure it out in a fight.

Marty you not taking part in the league?

Marty you not taking part in the league?

Don't think so, I probably should've said so rather than doing nothing, but I can't guarantee I'll have the commitment to see it through. Making a big dent on the backlog these days. I'll still be playing it occasionally so I'll have a few fights with anyone when I'm on, just not in the league.

And truthfully I didn't want to get walloped by Zero again :o

So you are "retiring" too? :eek:

No worries Marty, will be other chances im sure.

So you are "retiring" too? :eek:

No worries Marty, will be other chances im sure.

If you quoted my last post you'd all see the real reasoning behind my retirement. :pac: (white coloured writing is a great feature btw)

Feck it, I'm in. I'll make the time. I'm coming for sweet retribution Zero.

I'll be honest lads, the patched ****ed up my parry game. Much better now but fights are gonna be tough adjusting.

Still gonna win though

I'm not surprised.Gif

I'll be honest lads, the patched ****ed up my parry game. Much better now but fights are gonna be tough adjusting.

Still gonna win though

I'm not surprised.Gif

You know what hasn't been patched?

Full mount.

;)

I'm actually much better in the standup now since the patch, got the hang of feinting and parry spammers don't beat me anymore. I am a more complete mixed martial artist now.

I will of course expect substantial compensation for taking these league fights on short notice though.

Update: Axwell confirms Marty has been pulled from the league due to demands. More on Setanta Sports later..

Update: Axwell confirms Marty has been pulled from the league due to demands. More on Setanta Sports later..

"Marty was never my friend"

- Axwell

• Advertisement

Good luck replacing me, my final with Zero got 8 viewers on Twitch. 8!

You won't get that kind of drawing power anywhere else. I'll take my talents over to Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, they'll fairly compensate me for what I bring to the table.

Advertisement