Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,485 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Until we got CM Punk out haha. We might have to change that rule in the league fights. Punk is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Until we got CM Punk out haha. We might have to change that rule in the league fights. Punk is awful.

I thought the Punk fight was the best part! It's a genuine test of skill when both people are using the worst fighter in the game, a bit like playing FIFA with League of Ireland teams.

Just to be serious for a moment, if you have the league schedule already done up don't worry about adding me in Axwell, I don't mind at all. I'll join up if it's no hassle to you though.

Aw yeah good test of skill alright and the fairest contest but he just doesn't have the numbers :)

Shame you can't do Knockout Mode online, that'd be a great way to settle things.

Demian Maia vs. Demian Maia. :)

I would've said Phil Davis if he was still with the UFC.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

martyos121 wrote: »
    I thought the Punk fight was the best part! It's a genuine test of skill when both people are using the worst fighter in the game, a bit like playing FIFA with League of Ireland teams.

Just to be serious for a moment, if you have the league schedule already done up don't worry about adding me in Axwell, I don't mind at all. I'll join up if it's no hassle to you though.

Nah deadline is tomorrow Marty so you are all good.

• Advertisement

Perfect, have you the rules done up or is it the same as the last tourney?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

After all the dust has settled, what are people's true (hopefully unbiased!) thoughts on this game?

I remembering reading reviews and some of the complaints were that the ground game feels laboured and just too slow. Has the recent update made improvements to this and to the game overall?

I've gone back to Fight Night Champion recently and have been enjoying the hell out of it. It has given me a reason to maybe consider this game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I love it, I'd give it an 8/10. I've put a stupid amount of hours into it since release and I still find myself playing a few fights most evenings.

The stand up has improved greatly with the update. Jabs and straight feel like they have a purpose. It's much harder to parry too, which hampered me originally, but I've gotten the hang of it and it makes it more realistic. Ground game is like chess and I love it. My only criticism is the Thai clinch. I'm well able to defend it but it's just a pain.

Yeah it's brilliant. Seriously, don't go by the reviews from people who don't know how it works and label it as 'unresponsive'. Abysmal journo's out there in very high positions.

Anyway, the standup was excellent but the patch has made it better/harder. Spinning **** will wreck your stamina and should be rarely thrown, as in real life. The ground game is fantastic, feels like a proper battle for transitions, denials and subs.

The only negative for me so far is lack of depth in the modes. Career mode is dog shyte boring, Ranked online has no appeal to me as it's boring fighting Jon Jones over and over. Ultimate Team is good craic but needs something extra like managing a Gym/club as well as the fighters.

Live Events are class as well, make picks on real fights, get points and win Ultimate Team goodies. The Fanatsy Events between real events are great as well.

I haven't even played KO Mode yet, hopefully it will get Online support soon.

If you haven't played KO Mode, the best way to start is as one of the Diaz bros, knocking someone out with a Stockton Slap looks so much better than I could have imagined.

• Advertisement

OK I'm convinced! Thanks for the thoughts.

As long as there is progression in the Career Mode, I think I'll be all set. Fight Night's is fairly bare bones but my imagination fills in the rest. :)

BTW, has the commentary improved? I read that Rogan's calls were completely inaccurate at times (although maybe that was from an earlier version of the game).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Honestly I love it.
    Online works perfectly since it's so easy to jump into a fight.
    The standup has a lot of layers which all can be used to devastating effect. Ground game is also much improved.

Negative's would be Career mode and Ultimate Team. Career mode is unbelievable boring since it's literally just like playing exhibition mode over and over. Ultimate Team is fun but it's extremely broken with how you can delete a fighter but keep every move they've unlocked. Only yesterday I came up against a 81 rated guy while in Div1.

But overall I really do recommend it.

Went to check official EA UFC forums there and it looks like trolls took it down, made it so the lead gameplay dev refused to use it anymore as trolls were abusing the only mod so much he left, bumping every single thread made so the dev couldn't find actual relevant feedback to improve the game and also that the site is so old, they were unable to stop re-reg's and put proper ban instances in place. Stickies advising users to move to OS Forums

Dev is now posting on Operation Sports UFC 2 forum if anyone is interested. He is currently looking for feedback on what grapple moves people want added to the game.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-ufc/

I just noticed since the last patch you can only delete one UT fighter every 24 hours. Makes things a little bit fairer I suppose but it's annoying because I always delete fighters if I'm trying to get some of the daily objectives, especially the ones for division points.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Picked this up today. Looking forward to getting embarrassed once the updates download!

A guy found the last easter egg, confirmed by a Dev. Create a Caf named Brock Lesnar and have Cain got him with a right to make him go break dancing across the Octagon :pac:

Man I call shenanigans on the create a fighter competition. Guy won a ps4 or xbone for this, no one even knew who it was until ea said it was daredevil. My spidey, joker and batman were better than that #SourGrapes

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/725092449559937025

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

I agree with you there. I shouldve entered Mr Incredible based on that.

New Fantasy event live now 'The Wimmins'

Joanna Jedrzejczyk (11-0-0) vs. Rose Namajunas (6-2-0)
    Holly Holm (10-1-0) vs. Cat Zigano (9-1-0)
    Valerie Letourneau (8-4-0) vs. Jessica Penne (12-4-0)
    Aisling Daly (16-5-0) vs Joanne Calderwood (10-1-0)
    Paige VanZant (6-2-0) vs. Michelle Waterson (13-4-0)
    Sara McMann (8-3-0) vs. Alexis Davis (16-0-0)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

New update put features Tumenov, Cyborg, and Schevchenko

The new live event online sounds good, even attributes and moves, choose your own perks to match your fighting style, would be good if we could use this system for the league/tourney.

Gameplay updates

Added a third transition for submissive fighter in Back Sitting.
    Block will not come back up automatically after a missed parry, or a timed out parry.
    Liver Health Event allows high or low blocking.
    Addressed issue where spamming transition fakes on the ground would regain stamina.
    Addressed double stamina tax when opponent sprawls on user's takedown.
    Addressed an issue where takedown denial stamina penalty was being applied when the user is struck out of a takedown.
    General AI Improvements.
    General Referee Improvements.

The Live Event competition looks great, it seems the top ranked players get a trip over to Vegas for the live final during Fight Week in July.

Haven't a hope of getting there but I'm going to give that a good go when it kicks off.

Seriously man, abuse the **** out of your ground game and you have a good chance! You'll probably be boo'd during the finals but **** it, you'll be in Vegas :)

Haha I'll do my best alright, but based on my form in the higher divisions online in the game, I haven't a prayer.
    Be great if any one of us here manage to get there though, I'm sure everyone will give it a go.

From what I understand, you have to win as many fights as you can before incurring three losses, which resets your win count. Your highest win count is added to the worldwide leaderboard then and stays until you top it. Sounds like a lot of matchmaking luck will be needed so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

martyos121 wrote: »
    Haha I'll do my best alright, but based on my form in the higher divisions online in the game, I haven't a prayer.
    Be great if any one of us here manage to get there though, I'm sure everyone will give it a go.

From what I understand, you have to win as many fights as you can before incurring three losses, which resets your win count. Your highest win count is added to the worldwide leaderboard then and stays until you top it. Sounds like a lot of matchmaking luck will be needed so.

I took it as if you try again, your previous score is annulled? Anyway it would be crazy hard. You'd probably have to be 200-3 or so to stand a chance

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I took it as if you try again, your previous score is annulled? Anyway it would be crazy hard. You'd probably have to be 200-3 or so to stand a chance

Yeah still not certain how it works, it was worded really badly in the rules.

It'll be gas when all the winners get over to Vegas and realise they can't use lag switches. The majority of us don't stand much of a chance because there's guaranteed to be a few cheats ruining it.

And that's us out for ****s sake

Eligibility: EA SPORTS UFC 2 LIVE EVENT COMPETITION: UFC 200 (the “Competition”) is open only to legal residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Thailand, United Kingdom and the United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Competition.

• Advertisement

No Ireland, no Brazil, no Quebec.

It's like they've gone out of their way to give a big middle finger to 3 of the most popular MMA markets in the world (proportionally speaking).

Bastards. Absolutely despise EA.

Advertisement