Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'll be up for the next one of these. I'm away for the week so no access to the PS4 but these tournies are always great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Same as myself. Can't really commit to it at this time, but defo up for the next one. Azzlejazzle is the psn name if anyone fancies adding me for the odd scrap.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I don't care for this fixture nonsense. The closer the fight comes - every time, I say it over and over - the face becomes blank. There is no face. It's just blank and a fresh body type. The psn id of my opponent doesn't matter...:D

*prepares to get ko'ed in his first fight and thats the end of that*

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Don't wanna scare anyone but i just got the Work Ethic trophy (get A in all skill challenges) while listening to Rocky music. This one is a lock lads.

Only 3 trophies left and they are all for Ultimate Team. Division 2 isn't as fun as division 1, especially reading on the official forum how the top ranked guys delete their fighters at the end of div 2, start a new fighter with all the old stats and wreck house in div 1 and 2 again, just to keep their record intact. Some people I'm coming across are obviously much higher rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

D.Q wrote: »
    Same as myself. Can't really commit to it at this time, but defo up for the next one. Azzlejazzle is the psn name if anyone fancies adding me for the odd scrap.

Im not available for this one either but I will be for the next one! Rubberbandits7 (pls dont laugh I was a young lad when I picked that name :()

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Axwell wrote: »
    I don't care for this fixture nonsense. The closer the fight comes - every time, I say it over and over - the face becomes blank. There is no face. It's just blank and a fresh body type. The psn id of my opponent doesn't matter...:D

I'm in a state of zen myself,there is no opponent your against yourself in there,I will set traps for Zero-Cool,

I will be a ghost in there. He will think that I'm there and then I'm not there. He will think that I'm not there and then I'll be there. This will prove my point. I am number one.

I feel that ZeroCool like many individuals in the game are stuck in their routine, in the same pattern. They exit, enter, hit, grapple the same. It's routine, it's repetition. I feel routine will close off your mind and lock the frame. It is predictable, that's where I feel his weakness lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Don't wanna scare anyone but i just got the Work Ethic trophy (get A in all skill challenges) while listening to Rocky music. This one is a lock lads.

Only 3 trophies left and they are all for Ultimate Team. Division 2 isn't as fun as division 1, especially reading on the official forum how the top ranked guys delete their fighters at the end of div 2, start a new fighter with all the old stats and wreck house in div 1 and 2 again, just to keep their record intact. Some people I'm coming across are obviously much higher rated.
    Gamebred wrote: »
    I'm in a state of zen myself,there is no opponent your against yourself in there,I will set traps for Zero-Cool,

I will be a ghost in there. He will think that I'm there and then I'm not there. He will think that I'm not there and then I'll be there. This will prove my point. I am number one.

I feel that ZeroCool like many individuals in the game are stuck in their routine, in the same pattern. They exit, enter, hit, grapple the same. It's routine, it's repetition. I feel routine will close off your mind and lock the frame. It is predictable, that's where I feel his weakness lies.

I look forward to defending my title but, i am beginning to worry that people have not realised the Pit they have fallen into. I worry that you people think you can claim the title from me by simple climbing the ladder out.

But i warn you...

Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to injuries, or the gods, or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is... Its all you will ever have!

You're all on steroids...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I look forward to defending my title

Remember the time you defended it....nah me neither, ya vacated it when ya sold the game and dropped out of the tourneys. You start the climb at the bottom like everyone else. I even heard you were in a match fixing scandal with Sheehy at UFC Dublin. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Hadn't been on in a while so missed this but I'd be up for the next tourney.

• Advertisement

shrewdness wrote: »
    Hadn't been on in a while so missed this but I'd be up for the next tourney.

You on PS4? What's your psn?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Remember the time you defended it....nah me neither, ya vacated it when ya sold the game and dropped out of the tourneys. You start the climb at the bottom like everyone else. I even heard you were in a match fixing scandal with Sheehy at UFC Dublin. ;)

Don't know what you're talking about...

dfi6vlzfpz86w9wtt86g.gif

New Live Event has kicked off, will finish in 5 days. It's a fantasy event which is a great idea "New School vs Old School"

Bones vs Lidell
    Robbie vs GSP
    BJ Penn vs Lentz
    Forest vs Rumble
    Coleman vs Lewis

5000 points gets you the top prize of ALL the Move of the Night cards that will become available after the event. That is a pretty epic prize for your UT team but will be hard to get.

Gonna be very hard to call as you note have to pick the round as well.

I'm gonna go with Bones, GSP, BJ, Rumble and Coleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

You on PS4? What's your psn?

Yeah I'm in the PS4 group - dmce88.

shrewdness wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in the PS4 group - dmce88.

Ah gotcha cool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I will obliterate you, my friend

For the tournament, if it goes to a 3rd fight, you will both use CM Punk at Welterweight.

I have updated the post with all tourney details now. Made this change as the Heavyweight division might be someone's specialty and that shouldn't be a factor in a deciding fight.

If it goes to a 3rd fight, the fairest thing to do is have ye both play the same person who is shyte all round, ie. CM Punk. That way, it will be fair and square on who gets through to the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

shiit wouldnt have minded entering this for the craic. May keep a closer eye on this thread in future!

akelly02 wrote: »
    shiit wouldnt have minded entering this for the craic. May keep a closer eye on this thread in future!

What's your PSN, I'll add you to our PS4 Group message. We have 16 at the moment so should get a good one going if we get through the 1st one quick enough. I'd say most first round fights will kick off at the weekend and the rest will go fairly quickly then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

What's your PSN, I'll add you to our PS4 Group message. We have 16 at the moment so should get a good one going if we get through the 1st one quick enough. I'd say most first round fights will kick off at the weekend and the rest will go fairly quickly then.
    Could you add me also? PSN is in my sig, cheers

• Advertisement

Simply Red wrote: »
    Could you add me also? PSN is in my sig, cheers

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Mr Blobby wrote:
    Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to injuries, or the gods, or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is... Its all you will ever have!

I'm going to slap that ladder out from underneath you.

All this fightin' talk got me hyped!

Edit: Wrong Kickboxer gif but still works..

1yA0BV.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

thanks its podgekelly95..its my brothers account!

Vid for the new fantasy event

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/715268341150003200

Dev posted an explanation of Fantasy Live Events
    Hey Everyone!

As of writing, the first EA SPORTS UFC Fantasy Live Event is open for picks and play. A lot of work went into this and we're SUPER STOKED to finally be able to show off the fruit of that labor.

https://amp.twimg.com/v/9cffe2d0-450e-42cb-b9bf-22d10716383c

So here's how it will all work:
    Occasionally, when there is a week without a real world fight, we'll run a Fantasy Live Event. How we decide the card may vary: we could poll the community for match ups, work around a theme/holiday, or roll dice.

Typically the Live Event will run for a week. When it's over, we'll run our in-house simulation and generate the results. This will dictate the MOTN items as well. Similar to the simulation prediction videos we put out before some fights, we'll put out a results video on social media after the event closes.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to use this thread as an open discussion. I'll do my best to keep you all up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Stay away from the Premium Ground Moves pack in UT, it's absolute muck. A counter kneebar is the best thing I got and I'll probably never get to use it given how specific it is.

I agree, i opened 3 tonight and obit 1 good move 3 star Sage spinning kick to the body. Still shyte though. Just fought a guy in div 1 who had every kick in the book. He definitely deleted a higher fighter and applied the moves to a new guy. Still slapped the head off him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I agree, i opened 3 tonight and obit 1 good move 3 star Sage spinning kick to the body. Still shyte though. Just fought a guy in div 1 who had every kick in the book. He definitely deleted a higher fighter and applied the moves to a new guy. Still slapped the head off him though.

Just did the same earlier, (RIP Jack Hackett) and now my new guy is already 12-1 online, four title defenses in a row in Division 2 and just a complete animal in general.

It might be cheap but it gets results.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

So if I delete one of my fighters, all his equipped cards go back to my collection?

• Advertisement

I think so. I took my Joker who was 0-0. I have zero cards attached as they all went to my other LW. I'M currently 7-1 with him with 4 title defenses. The only loss came from a guy who wasnt a proper title contender so the belt wasn't on the line thank God

Advertisement