Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think so. I took my Joker who was 0-0. I have zero cards attached as they all went to my other LW. I'M currently 7-1 with him with 4 title defenses. The only loss came from a guy who wasnt a proper title contender so the belt wasn't on the line thank God

That's some going with nothing equipped!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As above if you delete a fighter do all cards go back into your collection? Thinking of doing that with my 1st LW, put all the cards info my other one

stephenl15 wrote: »
    That's some going with nothing equipped!!!

He's my only boxer, it's true they are the best

He's my only boxer, it's true they are the best

Yep my top guy is a boxer too. Haha listen to me I feel like a proper coach :P

Pulled the trigger and deleted my main fighter, all cards went back into my collection. Gonna delete my BW as well and add 2 new superheroes to join Spidey, Bats and Joker.

• Advertisement

Pulled the trigger and deleted my main fighter, all cards went back into my collection. Gonna delete my BW as well and add 2 new superheroes to join Spidey, Bats and Joker.

Would never have that would be the way but it's handy that way. My Taekwondo HW sucks absolute balls. Unfortunately means you'll fight some top guys in div 1.

On a related note, what advantages does a good team score and fighter level give you? Apart from the odd pack after levelling up?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just armbar'd a spin kick-spamming McGregor online with Brian Ortega.

That was incredibly satisfying! :)

And now I've just won a UD over Pettis with Chad Laprise in Divison 4.

I must be getting good! :D

The 1st game had a set of easter eggs where certain things would happen under the right circumstance like
    Henderson/Bisping – If in round 2 Henderson lands an inside leg kick/overhand right combo Bisping will be knocked down.

Well, the lead gameplay dev was hinting at more and more complex ones this time out. He's been dropping hints for the last week on twitter and official forums and people figured out it was something to do with Schaub who isn't even in the game. He posted this morning that it's been found, feckin hell. No full details on how to recreate it but it looks like you have to make a CAF named Brendan Schaub, fight Rothwell and have Ben win by GNP from half guard. Then a hidden animation will kick in, it's just brilliant! :pac:

Edit:

Also a pic showing Robin Black working with mocap fighters, looks like they are adding stuff for an upcoming patch and getting advice from the master.

Ce0UomyUUAAzClJ.jpg

The 2 Premium Packs for special edition should be in your inbox now. The 3 best cards from it are 3 star jumping knee, 4 star counter puncher perk and 3 star Power Double Leg to Full Mount and they are all for MW. My Spiderman is gonna **** **** up.

• Advertisement

Dev posted that while he can't talk about what they are working on for the next patch, they are aware of the biggest complaints atm.

Personally, i think the thai clinch is the biggest issue. OP'd enough to make most opponents constantly go for it, especially when they have the insta thai clinch.
    -clinch OP
    -side control OP
    -back side OP
    -sprawl stalling OP
    -parries OP
    -strikes types not well balanced (L1 strikes OP)
    -some unrealistic combos
    -move set complaints

probably something else I'm forgetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

My biggest complaint is that when they show the tale of the tape, it's in cm instead of inches

It's small but good lord it pisses me off

My biggest complaint is that when they show the tale of the tape, it's in cm instead of inches

It's small but good lord it pisses me off

Same. I think if you change your console to American settings or something it works that way.

Tourney officially kicked off there. Gamebred wrecked my Conor with his Nate, then my Rose beat his PVZ. it all came down to the man named Punk and i pulled off the win.

Great fights man, sound!

After the tourney, we should try a league where we all play each other a couple of times, I think the results would be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Won an online fight there by leg kick tko, Luke rockhold has some crazy leg kick power in this

Leg tko's are rare, haven't seen any yet.

Anyone doing Ultimate Team know if you get extra xp in higher divisions? It doesn't look like there are any benefits in losing in higher divisions than winning at lower ones.

Leg tko's are rare, haven't seen any yet.

Anyone doing Ultimate Team know if you get extra xp in higher divisions? It doesn't look like there are any benefits in losing in higher divisions than winning at lower ones.

Got to Divison 3 briefly and the rewards were no better than Division 2. I've deleted all of my original fighters and replaced them, unfortunately it's the only way to make any progress. :(

Yeah the same, div 1 is great fun, handy fights with the odd tough one. Div 2 gets right tricky but above that isn't even enjoyable and progress is slow. I made 2 new characters, a BJJ LW where I'm subbing guys in under a minute and a Boxer BW who is wrecking house. Got all daily objectives and went from level 19 to 21 in about 10 fights.

I think EA need to tweak the mode to make the higher divisions more enticing.

Also i bought 2 basic packs instead of a premium pack last night. If you thought the premium ones are bad, DO NOT go anywhere near the basic ones. Less than useless.

Guy on UT tried to shoot straight out the gate. Bad idea. Do you even jitz bro?

martyos121 wrote: »
    Got to Divison 3 briefly and the rewards were no better than Division 2. I've deleted all of my original fighters and replaced them, unfortunately it's the only way to make any progress. :(

Getting destroyed in div 3 myself :( Can't bring myself to delete though

• Advertisement

Nothing nicer than KOing someone who throws a sucker punch after fake glove touch, especially when they are a div 2 champ.

Boxing is definitely overpowered though. I have a ton of cards for ground moves so my takedown defense and sub defense is high if it does go to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Using the trial from ea access at the.moment. dont think ill be buying.

Playing against computer and on the ground its very slow to respond to controls when i use R to try something.

Then computer gets my back and punches me out and i can do nothing to stop it while in that positon.

Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Using the trial from ea access at the.moment. dont think ill be buying.

Playing against computer and on the ground its very slow to respond to controls when i use R to try something.

Then computer gets my back and punches me out and i can do nothing to stop it while in that positon.

Very frustrating.

Ground game is great once you figure it out.
    Huge improvement over the last installment.

I finally came across how Side control was OP'd (like a dev said) last night. 2 fights in a row I was just held there. My transitions left or right were blocked while they landed strikes i couldn't block. I tried to fake my transitions but it was no good. Just stuck til i was finished.

Full mount and backside finish the fight and break blocks too quick as well. That and thai clinch strikes are the easiest way to finish when rocking your opponent is actually the hardest way to finish someone. Hope that's tweaked for the next patch.

I finally came across how Side control was OP'd (like a dev said) last night. 2 fights in a row I was just held there. My transitions left or right were blocked while they landed strikes i couldn't block. I tried to fake my transitions but it was no good. Just stuck til i was finished.

Full mount and backside finish the fight and break blocks too quick as well. That and thai clinch strikes are the easiest way to finish when rocking your opponent is actually the hardest way to finish someone. Hope that's tweaked for the next patch.

Yeah it's a big issue for me. Its pretty pointless since you can just walk backwards and not take damage. Only time it's useful is when you have them cornered

Yupp and you know the system is broken when if you get rocked, it's safer walking towards your opponent than walking towards the cage.

RebelSouls1974 goes through to the next round.

Got my assed kicked over 2 fights. I really need to work on my parrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,150 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Decided to test the waters and play some online UT.

It's mad! Think my record is 2-5 and most our my losses are me getting hit once, rocked and quickly TKO'd! Is this normal? Having such a weak chin starting out?

Oh snap the King is dead, tourney is wide open!

Stuffins, what style did you pick? Boxer is the only one with a decent chin. A BJJ guy can get KO'd in 1 or 2 shots. When picking styles, go to Athleticism section and check Chin stats. Weird in official forum is everyone picking Boxer and asking devs to improve athleticism across all styles. Saying that it's nice pouching bjj and subbing boxers ASAP but then it's just more like the early UFC days instead of actual mixed martial arts.

• Advertisement

Not sure what your boards name is MaxiBurke, but I only have until 10 to do our tournament fights if you can make it by then. It'll have to be tomorrow evening otherwise if Zero allows it.

Advertisement