Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JT26 wrote: »
    Anyone have the deluxe edition?

Yupp, also on that note, this weeks 2 UT Premium Packs for deluxe edition now available. Should be in your inbox.

Edit: new patch is out but devs said it's solely to make Khabib Muslim again (not his exact words). Not sure if ye heard but he had a winning celebration pointing up (to God) that he and his fans felt was offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Loving the game. Playing through career on LW with a totally ground focused fighter. Beating everyone but keep falling at the last hurdle when I'm given a title fight. Cowboy has left me in a heap twice. Is there any disadvantage to just simming the training? It's a bit repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Never played a UFC game before, would it be worth my time getting this or are people so far ahead that I would getting constanly slapped around ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Never played a UFC game before, would it be worth my time getting this or are people so far ahead that I would getting constanly slapped around ?

You'll have to put a good few hours in on it to be competitive with the right mindset and training camp you could do it,buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Started getting into my UT just there. One of my guys is 8-1 lightweight champ:D Think I'm gonna leave two guys and just focus on 3, is that a safe tactic or is there a reason I shouldn't do that? Anybody got any smart tactics for ultimate team or tips. Starting to get hooked on it. Great game mode:)

• Advertisement

I'm using 4 fighters all at different weights playing a few fights with each at a time. I have a 5th fighter (my 2nd LW) but if i get a LW move, it's better to focus on 1 fighter and give the 2nd one the leftovers.

Is your psn the same as your boards name?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Edit: new patch is out but devs said it's solely to make Khabib Muslim again (not his exact words). Not sure if ye heard but he had a winning celebration pointing up (to God) that he and his fans felt was offensive.

Over 800mb just for that? FFS.

I'm using 4 fighters all at different weights playing a few fights with each at a time. I have a 5th fighter (my 2nd LW) but if i get a LW move, it's better to focus on 1 fighter and give the 2nd one the leftovers.

Is your psn the same as your boards name?

Yeah sure is :) haha I've a 2nd LW too was wondering if there was any benefit to focussing on all five don't think I'll bother with him now

Sent ya friend request there - sheehy83

Sent ya friend request there - sheehy83

Cheers! Brothers and their friends on my profile now playing FIFA so if you get any messages off them it's not me :P

• Advertisement

Well, I officially hate Ranked Online. Had my first go of it to get that trophy (use all featured fighters). Needless to say they were all **** except Rory. Lost 3 of the 5 as they were all using champs but the worst thing is how CRAP they all were. Spinning **** every where. I was countering all of it but barely doing any damage. They'd hit me with 1 shot and I'd get rocked. I was truly baffled how they couldn't finish me sooner.

Highlight was beating TJ with Gagnon, wrecked him in under a minute. I'm staying well away from that mode from now on. UT fights are 100 times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I have yet to successfully defend a takedown, cant seem to react quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lost my first fight because I can't get out of submissions. Fecking disaster.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Simply Red wrote: »
    I have yet to successfully defend a takedown, cant seem to react quick enough

I have grown frustrated playing ranked championship now. I'm not sure if it's because I'm in division 3 or whatever but anyone who is good on the ground beats me. They always go to the clinch and manage to get knee kicks to the head. How is it that they seem to easily escape my attempts but they get hits in easy?

Also defending a takedown is tough. Almost like you need to press R3 + Down before they attempt it. I react quick enough but they always get it. Where as when I try it my circular bar gets cancelled fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lads, how on earth do I defend when someone has mounted me and is pounding down fists/elbows on me? I seem to get beaten every single time from that position but there has to be a way out. Is it just trying to find a gap and timing it right before I press 'up' on the right stick to try and get them into my full guard? Or how do I protect my head?

I don't have a whole lot of time to dedicate to it but I am getting better overall. I'm now starting to be able to defend the transitions a bit better (though I'm still nowhere near good) which is a huge help.

It's a very good game IMO. The type of game where the greater amount of time you put into it, the better you'll be. Can't ask for much more than that really considering everything else is pretty spot on.

Are you on PS4 Paully? If so, as soon as someone gets you into mount, hold R1 and block 2 punches. This gives you max grapple advantage for quick transitions. Blocking anymore will have a bleedthrough effect and you will eventually get KO'd. So, block 2 and transition into half guard by holding R2 and left or right. You can then try an advanced escape (some fighters might not have it) by holding L1 and checking the direction for Getup, or move into full guard to get some control back.

A good practice is to escape to half guard, say to the left. You can almost guarantee the guy is gonna wanna get back in mount so just hold R2 and press right as soon as he makes a move (If you escaped to the left, he will have to go right back to mount). This should deny him giving you grapple advantage again to either get up, go to full guard or throw in a sub.

Obviously people can mix this up but if you keep getting caught in mount, it's a good strategy for escape. Just have to watch the gnp as it's deadly in this but I think it will be nerfed a bit in the next patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Started playing this today and find it really enjoyable, now my knowledge of UFC is tiny, but doing a career and while it takes a lot of getting used to its fun as

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Played a ufc game for the first time today. My brother and I both did some career mode to get the basics first then played about 15 games in total against eachother.

Well....WHAT A GAME!! We've had it all from 1st round demolition KOs to going the 5 rounds not having any idea who was going on get the decision.

Im getting good at the actual fighting but my ground game is crap, I alcan get submissions and at best, I can break away from my opponent. Im off to watch some ufc 2 tips videos :D

So, do ye wanna kick off a tourney on PS4 next week? Keep it simple enough and then try a league after it to last a bit longer. Myself and Axwel were looking at the roster last night and fighters 90 and below seem like a good cap. Anyone over that might be a bit OP'd. Also, no legends ie Bas, Bruce Lee, Royce, etc. Maybe like last game, best of 3, each person picks a division and if it goes to a 3rd, you both use HW. Any other suggestions or ideas?

If that sounds okay, you can post here if you want in and then this weekend or early next week, I can enter names into a random tool online to match up and then you have 3-4 days to arrange a time to fight each other as everyone is on at different times.

Too late to enter?

I'm fairly crap so I'll be gone soon anyways lol

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Too late to enter?

I'm fairly crap so I'll be gone soon anyways lol

Not at all man, hopefully kicking it off this week, will put together the names of who's in so far and post something later.

What's your PSN name?

• Advertisement

Well lads, could i get a quick head count of who's in for the PS4 tourney that should be kicking off this week? So far we have 7 people so want to check again see if we can get a few more. Can you confirm your PSN name as well. Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

I'd be up for it. PSN Maxiburke

8 so far so will give it another night to see if anyone else wants in. If not, will make random beackets tomorrow for the 1st round.

UFC 2 PS4 Boards Tourney
    Psn - Boards
    Sheehy83 - Zero-Cool
    KaptinOfWar121 - Martyos121
    TheNotorious77 - Gamebred
    Mr_Blobby999 - Mr Blobby
    RebelSouls1974 - Rebelsoul
    IrishWolverine - Axwell
    Maxiburke - jarain
    MarkLogan-91 - marky91

Not at all man, hopefully kicking it off this week, will put together the names of who's in so far and post something later.

What's your PSN name?

MarkLogan-91

Dont know what people get out of picking the likes of Bruce Lee and Tyson every fight online,morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Gamebred wrote: »
    Dont know what people get out of picking the likes of Bruce Lee and Tyson every fight online,morons.

Every time someone picks Tyson I just pick Frank Mir and sub them within minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Gotta love the high power kick spammers online, easy wins

Simply Red wrote: »
    Gotta love the high power kick spammers online, easy wins

Lighting bruce lee up there with nate diaz,ur man spamming 360 toronado stupid kicks lands a fluke and its over,absolute joke.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Worse is the lads who can do the quick fire body shot combos. Impossible to step back away from them. :(

• Advertisement

Right, I put the names above into a tourney random generator site and it gave the 1st round fights as below.

Quarter Finals:
    (A) IrishWolverine (Axwell) vs MarkLogan-91 (marky91)

(B) Sheehy83 (
    Zero-Cool) vs The Notorious77 (Gamebred)

(C) RebelSouls1974 (
    Rebelsoul) vs Mr_Blobby999 (Mr Blobby)

(D) KaptinofwAr121 (
    Martyos121) vs Maxiburke (jarain)

Semi Finals:
    Winner of (A) vs Winner of (B)
    Winner of (C) vs Winner of (D)

RULES
    Each fight will be best of 3. Each fighter takes a turn at choosing a weight class. If it goes to a 3rd fight, CM Punk at Welterweight must be used by both fighters.

You can only select fighters rated at 90 or below. You CANNOT useMike Tyson, Bruce Lee (even though he's rated 89 at WW, ain't nobody got time for that) or any fighters you have created. All other legends, Bas, CroCop, etc are okay as long as they are 90 or below.

The Quarter Finals fights should be completed by Sunday 3rd of April. This will give people enough time in case they can't get online until the weekend. If you need more time, no prob, just post up here. You can arrange a time with your opponent that suits both of you through the PS4 Message group, PM, or on here.

Post here when your fights are done with the results and we will get ready for the Semi's when everyone's ready.

Good Luck!

Advertisement