Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

I removed Facebook (not messenger) and havent had any issues since. Has it been fixed, can I reinstall Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Have you tried root it before? There are two versions of the su6, the early batch were easy to root. The latter is not so easy.

Try rooting it with wondershare mobilego for windows. Its a one click root method.

No issues at all with rom, its very stable and everything works unlike on some of the earlier roms.

I have tried rooting it before with no success.
    I think I tried Kingroot
    also tried mobilego and it would only root it until reboot. Then it was unrooted again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,744 ✭✭✭✭listermint

My father's on his third not by choice, very poor quality build first two just stopped turning on.

I think there is better value to be had i wouldn't buy one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

The older version of FB and Messenger updated today and I think everything is fine again.

(if it's back in the play store, it must be a good sign..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Why buy the Ultra 6 when you could buy the Ultra 7? Haha..

Moto G4 is €179 in Argos.. Its a Poor boys Nexus but at least its gonna get updated for the next year or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Why buy the Ultra 6 when you could buy the Ultra 7? Haha..

Moto G4 is €179 in Argos.. Its a Poor boys Nexus but at least its gonna get updated for the next year or more.

Because the Ultra 7 is actually a step down from the Ultra 6 :pac:

I went from Nexus 5 to Moto G4, couldn't be happier with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

Just received a text from Vodaphone about the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Shlippery wrote: »
    Yup - worked a charm.

Did it there, really handy.

And to make it handy for anyone who may have to search this thread

Tethering / Mobile Hotspot fix
    Direct Link to guide - https://pmf.silvrback.com/fixing-tethering-on-android-kitkat
    ADB - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

Credit to http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375534-fixed-tethering-not-working/#comment-2261605

On the guidance of FrostyJim !

I'm just going to quote this because I got stung after reformatting my phone with the messenger / fb issue. I'd completely forgot about this.

Drained a tenner credit yesterday using hotspot and only remembered why now.

Have you tried root it before? There are two versions of the su6, the early batch were easy to root. The latter is not so easy.

Try rooting it with wondershare mobilego for windows. Its a one click root method.

No issues at all with rom, its very stable and everything works unlike on some of the earlier roms.

Right
    Installed mobilego on both phone and laptop
    connected both
    hit quick root
    got stuck on getting root info for about an hour and a half while doing several reboots.

Got fed up of waiting in the end as I came to the conclusion this cannot be right.
    Disconnected them and rebooted the phone.
    No idea if it rooted or not but it is still working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

vectra wrote: »
    Right
    Installed mobilego on both phone and laptop
    connected both
    hit quick root
    got stuck on getting root info for about an hour and a half while doing several reboots.

Got fed up of waiting in the end as I came to the conclusion this cannot be right.
    Disconnected them and rebooted the phone.
    No idea if it rooted or not but it is still working.
    Simple way to check is to download root checker from the playstore

Simple way to check is to download root checker from the playstore

Did that.
    No root.

Did that.
    No root.

When you enabled USB debugging and connected up the phone a message should come up on the phone which you need to OK. Did you do that?

When you enabled USB debugging and connected up the phone a message should come up on the phone which you need to OK. Did you do that?

I did indeed.

This is what I said originally
    I have one of the stubborn su6's

I did indeed.

This is what I said originally
    I have one of the stubborn su6's

Have a read of this thread so.

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375680-guide-testedhow-to-get-reliable-root-and-twrp-on-su6-that-is-problematic/

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Has any body got a working link for twrp 5.1.1 recovery each time i try to doemload one it says phone incompatible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Shlippery wrote: »
    The older version of FB and Messenger updated today and I think everything is fine again.

(if it's back in the play store, it must be a good sign..)

I'm wondering whether I'll bother reinstalling the FB app. It's fairly greedy and I do worry about security. Might just stick with using it within the browser for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Hate what Facebook have done lately putting the notification bar that was at top of screen at bottom of screen now. I am now using mini for Facebook from goldfinger from the play store and getting on much better. Much lighter on resources.

Has anyone here got a copy of the stock rom zip from the zte website? They updated the website and now all the links are broken. I need to return phone to stock to trade it in.

FROSTYJIM did you try http://www.modaco.com/ you should find it there

• Advertisement

robbie67 wrote: »
    FROSTYJIM did you try http://www.modaco.com/ you should find it there

Yeah, they only have the broken links to the website. Will have to get it from someone who downloaded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is Facebook back working OK?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Is Facebook back working OK?

Yeah mine working grand this last few days after the reinstall. My google search on the other hand has slowed to a crawl, no idea what's up with it?

Yeah, they only have the broken links to the website. Will have to get it from someone who downloaded it.

Just to answer my own question zte have fixed the link in the last day so stock Irish rom is available again from

http://www.ztedevice.com/support/detail?Id={002D1718-F7F0-4D11-946E-E0B35ECE1A65}

FrostyJim is that link broke again or is it just me

robbie67 wrote: »
    FrostyJim is that link broke again or is it just me

You'll need to navigate to it manually it seems

http://www.ztedevice.com/support

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

Hi , I really hope someone can help me as I'm not at all technical, in fact, this is my third attempt to post this up this morning so i'm not off to a great start lol. Apologies if this appears in the wrong place. I just hope it appears!
    I have a smart ultra 6 which I got unlocked from new, and its been working on the tesco network since then. It worked pretty well for me, except it never could send or receive picture messages for some reason. Never figured out why.
    Last week I was in England for a few days, and while there I had mobile data switched off. Since coming back, I've not been able to get any mobile data. I've checked the Tesco APN settings, made sure data roaming and mobile data are enabled, plus ive bought a new sim card, but none of this has made a difference.
    Could anyone shed any light on this for me? I've read lots of good reviews of the capability of this phone - but all I need it to do is to send the occasional picture message and maybe check facebook now and then, but I can't do either now! Thanks for taking the time to read this and I'd be really grateful for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mjp

Having problems with twitter and Snapchat on this for past few days. Videos won't play through twitter at all even short vines. Similarly Snapchat won't play snaps or videos mainly. Tried going back to earlier versions as thought it may have been down to app updates but still having same issues. Also tried clearing cache and data on apps but no joy. Any recommendation on what could do

• Registered Users Posts: 1 VF_SU6

Anybody running the CM Port having issues with data on Three? Have the preferred network setting type set to: GSM/WCDMA/LTE with no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

mjp wrote: »
    Having problems with twitter and Snapchat on this for past few days. Videos won't play through twitter at all even short vines. Similarly Snapchat won't play snaps or videos mainly. Tried going back to earlier versions as thought it may have been down to app updates but still having same issues. Also tried clearing cache and data on apps but no joy. Any recommendation on what could do

I've had similar issues with Twitter (don't really use Snapchat) - very slow to even open a single text tweet, and videos not showing at all. No idea about what to do though.

Advertisement