Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

my phone keeps freezing now, happens about once a day. have to force a restart. anything I can do to diagnose the problem other than doing a full wipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

valor wrote: »
    my phone keeps freezing now, happens about once a day. have to force a restart. anything I can do to diagnose the problem other than doing a full wipe?

is the software up to date? Has it been freezing for long (possibly since you installed/updated some app?)

May have something to do with Facebook and Messenger as others have had problems on here.

I'd try uninstalling those two first and going from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

the amount of people here having issues over the last few weeks is worrying, mostly screen problems. just imagine how many people in total are having trouble with it.
    this shows, (me anyway) that while the componants of the su6 might have been decent it was put together very poorly and cheaply. in hindsight maybe i should have realised it was too good for the price.
    im hoping my one will come back with as a new phone and not fixed. if it does im gonna try and flog it and buy a 2nd hand s4 or s5.
    its a pity really as i did like it untill it started acting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Having the same problem myself. I bought it online. Can I bring it back to a shop for repair? How long is the warranty does anybody know?

Edit: Having the fb issue now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

macnug wrote: »
    Having the same problem myself. I bought it online. Can I bring it back to a shop for repair? How long is the warranty does anybody know?

Edit: Having the fb issue now as well.
    its definatly 12 months, maybe 24 under consumer law.
    bring it to any vodafone store and you should get sorted, if you dont have the reciept the imei number on the phone should do you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Folks,
    See vectra's post #4510 above for the solution that worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

kerryked wrote: »
    is the software up to date? Has it been freezing for long (possibly since you installed/updated some app?)

May have something to do with Facebook and Messenger as others have had problems on here.

I'd try uninstalling those two first and going from there.

looks like it is to do with facebook, I was gettign facebook has stopepd running errors sometimes too. Have deleted them both, see if it happens again. Dont are enough about having it on my phone to do the work around just yet.
    Is this happening to other android users? Cant find anything form a very quick google

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

looks like it is to do with facebook, I was gettign facebook has stopepd running errors sometimes too. Have deleted them both, see if it happens again. Dont are enough about having it on my phone to do the work around just yet.
    Is this happening to other android users? Cant find anything form a very quick google

Go on the play store.
    Go to facebook app or messenger app
    Look at the comments
    There are hundreds of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Indeed as .red. said above, while phone components were decent, it wasn't put together right and therefore people are having issues - f.e. the screen problems.

And while I was kinda expecting this, when buying relatively cheap phone with excellent spec, that build quality might be poor, but this should't be an issue due to warranty.

Unfortunately Vodafone are taking total p1ss out of that.
    I returned a phone with faulty screen nearly 4 weeks ago to the store I bought it from.
    I was told it normally takes 1 to 2 weeks (5 to 10 working days) for phone to come back repaired.

It's been nearly 4 weeks, and phone is still not repaired.
    Their online status checker showed most of the time that they are waiting for spare parts.

It's beyond understanding for me, how can a big corporation like Vodafone Ireland, not be providing reasonable warranty service.

I rand the Vodafone shop in question few times, and I was told that they are busy now, but will ring me back - unfortunately it never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

[QUOTE=CiniO;

It's been nearly 4 weeks, and phone is still not repaired.
    Their online status checker showed most of the time that they are waiting for spare parts.

It's beyond understanding for me, how can a big corporation like Vodafone Ireland, not be providing reasonable warranty service.

I rand the Vodafone shop in question few times, and I was told that they are busy now, but will ring me back - unfortunately it never happened.[/QUOTE]

Time to go to the shop and start banging on the counter - someone just needs to make a decision to replace the phone. But like all large organisations - nobody with authority likes to make decisions (give the customer a replacement phone).

I got one of these for my daughter a year ago - there has never been any issue with her phone and it has been put through the mill (so there must have been an issue with a manufacturing batch which is not too uncommon for China). Hope you get the phone sorted soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

I had issues with a HTC M8. A Facebook/Messenger update really fcuked up the phone. I think it coincided with an android update. It got so bad the phone nearly got launched into orbit.
    1) I cleared all music, photos etc (backed-up to computer)
    2) Did a full factory reset (Google back-up restored all my apps, contacts etc.)
    Phone has been working well since (I might even keep it instead of upgrading to M10)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I have my SU6 back,the main motherboard in it was fried. Had it back within ten working days.

Regarding Facebook, the missus has the same issue with the app as many others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Is anyone elses freezing? Supposedly something to do with updated apps over the last day or so.

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    Is anyone elses freezing? Supposedly something to do with updated apps over the last day or so.

Try this >> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100555524&postcount=4510

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Eventually discovered why mine was acting up even after I deleted facebook.

I completely forgot Id set up a 2nd user profile for someone else on the phone and on their profile of course was facebook! Once i deleted it off both profiles and restarted the phone has been perfect since!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Trond wrote: »
    Identical situation here :mad:

Ive deleted facebook and messenger. Did a factory reset. Seemed to work for 20mins but as above it reverted to being unresponsive.

Also I just got a pop up saying "facebook has stopped". its an achievement given facebook isnt on the phone anymore !!!:confused:

Almost exact same problem here, any app that linked to facebook gives me an issue ie Facebook, Messenger and Instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Missus having same problem with Facebook and messanger. Any solutions yet? Not familiar with android as I have an iPhone myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Missus having same problem with Facebook and messanger. Any solutions yet? Not familiar with android as I have an iPhone myself

Yes, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100555524&postcount=4510

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

vectra wrote: »
    OK
    Messenger working now again.
    Thanks for that.
    Now to find which Facebook apk works

This is the messenger apk I used as it is the one my wife has on her phone.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/messenger/messenger-81-0-0-15-78-release/facebook-messenger-81-0-0-15-78-2-android-apk-download/download/

Facebook working now as well
    Used this apk
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/facebook/facebook-87-0-0-17-79-release/facebook-87-0-0-17-79-android-apk-download/download/
    Thanks

Tried this and I'm back on board . thanks vectra ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Wish I spotted this thread yesterday. Multiple hard resets, completely bolloxed the phone. Set an alarm for work, didn't go off this morning due to android freezing.

Went and reformatted the whole thing.

Fcking facebook nearly bricked the phone!!

Tried this and I'm back on board . thanks vectra ;)

Dont forget to go to play store and disable auto updates or they will update themselves and put you back to square one.

Just when I thought I was lucky enough to avoid this problem with Facebook, mine goes and has a fit too. There's my Saturday morning plans anyways.

Anyone know if this is happening to other Android phones or is something hardware specific to the SU6?

kerryked wrote: »
    Just when I thought I was lucky enough to avoid this problem with Facebook, mine goes and has a fit too. There's my Saturday morning plans anyways.

Anyone know if this is happening to other Android phones or is something hardware specific to the SU6?

It is happening to other android phones.
    It is also a 10 minute fix. See my post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Had the same problem with Facebook and messenger so just uninstalled and using the mobile site, not that fussed tbh. I did just have a nosey in the play store and seen that Fb and messenger apps are not compatible with my device???

Had the same problem with Facebook and messenger so just uninstalled and using the mobile site, not that fussed tbh. I did just have a nosey in the play store and seen that Fb and messenger apps are not compatible with my device???

No doubt Facebook have made a massive cock up and will havebit back in the play store soon. For now just use the fix from a few posts back.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭soap1978

if bought on amazon,6 months ago,where do i send it to get fix?

soap1978 wrote: »
    if bought on amazon,6 months ago,where do i send it to get fix?

What's wrong with it?

Any way to uninstall apps from phone when connected to a laptop?

..Lock screen is frozen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭soap1978

FrostyJim wrote: »
    What's wrong with it?
    screen keeps going off(black)u have to hit back of phone to get it on for a few mins

Advertisement