Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

My keyboard has a problem with a few of the keys: it is across all 3 keyboards I am using but doesn't affect apps when I am swiping nor does it appear to be dead pixels as I have tested it and it appeared to work just fine.

I notice when I hold it up at a certain angle on a white background that I can see a white line across the screen - it is approx 1 cm above the bottom bezel. There is a straight line (no problem) and one that juts out from the left-hand end of the straight line where the x, d and r keys are and these are the problematic ones. It is a recent problem. The keys will work but are temperamental and will randomly decide to not work and prevent swiping.

The phone had an episode a few weeks ago where the screen went crazy with ghost touches opening apps and pressing links of its own accord, so I rebooted it and that appeared to have fixed it but the keyboard problem has stayed.

Anyone else encounter this? Will I need to do a factory reset or does this appear to be a hardware issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

kerryked wrote: »
    Any way to uninstall apps from phone when connected to a laptop?

..Lock screen is frozen

Hold bottom volume key and power for a good 30 seconds. It may seem like it's doin nothing but it should eventually reboot. Then try uninstall fb and messenger ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

soap1978 wrote: »
    if bought on amazon,6 months ago,where do i send it to get fix?

Go into your orders on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Shlippery wrote: »
    Hold bottom volume key and power for a good 30 seconds. It may seem like it's doin nothing but it should eventually reboot. Then try uninstall fb and messenger ASAP

Thanks Shlippery, worked a treat.

On a side note, the Play Store now says "This app is not compatible with your device", at least on the website anyway (Facebook app doesn't even show up on Play Store on the phone).

But why would it automatically update if the version isn't compatible with the phone? Doesnt make much sense to me :confused:

Thanks Shlippery, worked a treat.

On a side note, the Play Store now says "This app is not compatible with your device", at least on the website anyway (Facebook app doesn't even show up on Play Store on the phone).

But why would it automatically update if the version isn't compatible with the phone? Doesnt make much sense to me :confused:

They pushed the update as normal, I guess and then made it unavailable to devices once the issues started.

That's definitely only a change in past 24 hours though so they're trying to do some damage control to prevent affected users reinstalling the bad copy!

You can get an older version of the apk linked on post #4510 here to tide you over until they add it back to play store (hopefully fixed).

• Advertisement

Shlippery wrote: »
    They pushed the update as normal, I guess and then made it unavailable to devices once the issues started.

That's definitely only a change in past 24 hours though so they're trying to do some damage control to prevent affected users reinstalling the bad copy!

You can get an older version of the apk linked on post #4510 here to tide you over until they add it back to play store (hopefully fixed).

Think I'll try a Facebook detox for a while. You wouldn't realise how many hours you spend scrolling through shíte that you've no interest in :rolleyes:

Welp, that "detox" didn't last long..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Noticed a slight boost in battery since I started using fb through chrome instead of the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Help!!!!!!!

I seem to have blocked or barred all "private number" calls
    I need to unblock pronto
    Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭thatsmyboy

Hi all I'm asking for some help. My wife has been having problems all week with her Vodafone smart ultra 6 so tonight we decided to wipe it. All grand so far. Now we setup again but I'm at the Google verification part and she can't remember the gmail account she put in initially as she said she just typed in any address not her own for some blizzare reason and now without the original gmail address and password this new FACTORY RESET PROTECTION has kicked into the phone and we can't go any further and of course it's my fault now that i didn't wait for "the phone shop guy on Monday" I have been googling for past 2,hours and no joy so I'm at my wits end now so any help would be great please.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Help!!!!!!!

I seem to have blocked or barred all "private number" calls
    I need to unblock pronto
    Any ideas??

To to the "phone" app and into settings. Blacklist is in there. Don't know how you would have turned it on by accident.

thatsmyboy wrote: »
    Hi all I'm asking for some help. My wife has been having problems all week with her Vodafone smart ultra 6 so tonight we decided to wipe it. All grand so far. Now we setup again but I'm at the Google verification part and she can't remember the gmail account she put in initially as she said she just typed in any address not her own for some blizzare reason and now without the original gmail address and password this new FACTORY RESET PROTECTION has kicked into the phone and we can't go any further and of course it's my fault now that i didn't wait for "the phone shop guy on Monday" I have been googling for past 2,hours and no joy so I'm at my wits end now so any help would be great please.......
    Well the issues she was having were probably just down to Facebook. Read back a few posts to find the fix for it. No factory reset required.

I'm not sure there is any easy solution for you to get back into the phone. If she had her contacts synced to that email address then even finding a workaround to sign in with another account won't really help. Do you know/she know where her contacts are saved to? All her apps will need to be downloaded manually again also after signing in with a new account.

When you do get back into make sure to take note of the email address you sign in with. Ideally make it the email address that she uses for other things.

I think the only way around this may be for you to flash the stock ROM or choose a custom ROM a and flash that and start from scratch again. All her contacts will be lost unless she has them on the sim or elsewhere.

Have you tried following any guides like this :

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

FrostyJim wrote: »
    To to the "phone" app and into settings. Blacklist is in there. Don't know how you would have turned it on by accident.

I've looked there I cant see it
    Can u tell me where??

Can u tell me where??

I've a custom ROM on mine at the moment so I can't tell you were it is exactly on the stock ROM sorry.

Can u tell me where??

Go to Phone, and click the three dots in the top right

Then Settings > Call Settings > Call Barring Settings

These don't have the ability to block private numbers though..Not too sure how you'd go about doing that, not to mind doing it by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I've a custom ROM on mine at the moment so I can't tell you were it is exactly on the stock ROM sorry.

Care to tell us what rom you are running and how it is going for you?

vectra wrote: »
    Care to tell us what rom you are running and how it is going for you?

I'm using an unofficial port of cm12.1 I found on xda, its every bit as smooth as stock if not quicker and battery life is identical. I have it rooted and xposed framework too with a few handy xposed apps installed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/unofficial-cm12-1-vodafone-smart-ultra-6-t3429611

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I'm using an unofficial port of cm12.1 I found on xda, its every bit as smooth as stock if not quicker and battery life is identical. I have it rooted and xposed framework too with a few handy xposed apps installed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/unofficial-cm12-1-vodafone-smart-ultra-6-t3429611

Didnt realise cm was available for it.
    No issues with it?
    I wouldnt mind trying this, the only probel is I have one of the su6 that is problem to root .
    Any guide for it?
    Thanks

vectra wrote: »
    Didnt realise cm was available for it.
    No issues with it?
    I wouldnt mind trying this, the only probel is I have one of the su6 that is problem to root .
    Any guide for it?
    Thanks

Have you tried root it before? There are two versions of the su6, the early batch were easy to root. The latter is not so easy.

Try rooting it with wondershare mobilego for windows. Its a one click root method.

No issues at all with rom, its very stable and everything works unlike on some of the earlier roms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Quick question anybody in here recommend a good holder for using the phone in the car.

My car has a fix2car mount for a iPhone 5 as that's what I had previous to this and I miss not having the phone in a cradle.

• Advertisement

crasy dash wrote: »
    Quick question anybody in here recommend a good holder for using the phone in the car.

My car has a fix2car mount for a iPhone 5 as that's what I had previous to this and I miss not having the phone in a cradle.

This one does the job quite well and will fit any other phone I get in the future.

http://www.adverts.ie/8013799

Vodafone UK have acknowledged the problems people are having with Facebook:
    We are aware of an issue with the latest update to the Facebook and Facebook Messenger apps causing certain Android devices to freeze, including some Vodafone branded devices.

The issue is escalated to the relevant manufacturers and the Facebook app developers and we are awaiting an update.

At present we would recommend that any customer affected by this issue restart the device and remove the affecting apps until a resolution is delivered. It should still be possible to access Facebook content on your device using the devices browser.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Announcements/Facebook-and-Facebook-Messenger-app/m-p/2507685#M208

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Hey guys, so this whole facebook and messenger freezing thing has rendered my phone useless at the moment.

Its stuck on the lock screen. Touch screen isnt working at all so I can restart the phone or anything. It obviosly froze last night at 1.15am cause its stuck at that time. What can I do?

Why the **** do these phones not allow you to take out the battery?

TheStook wrote: »
    Hey guys, so this whole facebook and messenger freezing thing has rendered my phone useless at the moment.

Its stuck on the lock screen. Touch screen isnt working at all so I can restart the phone or anything. It obviosly froze last night at 1.15am cause its stuck at that time. What can I do?

Why the **** do these phones not allow you to take out the battery?

Read a few posts back..

I had the same problem. Hold down Power and Volume Down buttons for about 30 secs until it restarts.

Read back through the rest of the thread you'll figure it out from there. (Post #4510)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Read a few posts back..

I had the same problem. Hold down Power and Volume Down buttons for about 30 secs until it restarts.

Read back through the rest of the thread you'll figure it out from there. (Post #4510)

Thank you :) Havent backed up my pics in a while so I was scared ****less Id lose them all. Backing up now

TheStook wrote: »
    Thank you :) Havent backed up my pics in a while so I was scared ****less Id lose them all. Backing up now

Yea, I wasn't so lucky, went ahead with the factory reset before loooking here, foolish me :p

however, v handy to setup google drive to backup everything! and phone works a ton faster since the wipe, just the pain of reinstalling all the apps.

contacts, whatsapp and other stuff was all restored from a backup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Hi Guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has bought one of these and how are they finding it?
    I'm using an iphone 5 but its getting pretty battered, a lot of the buttons not working anymore etc.

For 179.99 ready to go it seems very good value?

Excellent reviews as well on trustedreviews and expertreviews but Id like to hear from anyone here who is currently using one?
    Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hi Guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has bought one of these and how are they finding it?
    I'm using an iphone 5 but its getting pretty battered, a lot of the buttons not working anymore etc.

For 179.99 ready to go it seems very good value?

Excellent reviews as well on trustedreviews and expertreviews but Id like to hear from anyone here who is currently using one?
    Cheers in advance

There's a full thread already on this phone, might be best to check there.

Also it can be got for alot cheaper than 180 these days, the phone is a year old.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Best value phone I've had in years. Excellent performance and some good custom roms for it too. Only negatives I would give it are its size which some people may not mind and the build quality could be better. It's by no means falling apart but mine like many others developed cracks in the two bottom corners of the rear casing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

mine went from, with engineer>in QC>with engineer>awaiting parts>with engineer so it looks like their fixing it.
    hopefully it wont take too much longer.

Advertisement