Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Just wondering how I'd go about returning the phone for repair as I bought it through Amazon UK. Amazon say contact Vodafone directly but would Vodafone IE take it?

If you bought if from Amazon and it's faulty they might refund you
    but if you damaged it you could send it to fone fix in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

If you bought if from Amazon and it's faulty they might refund you
    but if you damaged it you could send it to fone fix in Dublin

Thanks, all sorted. Got offered a refund. Now to look for a new phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Thanks, all sorted. Got offered a refund. Now to look for a new phone

Do you have to send the phone back to them for the refund

Do you have to send the phone back to them for the refund

Yeah needs to be sent back but I've had no hassle before, going through the same process with a faulty laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Yeah needs to be sent back but I've had no hassle before, going through the same process with a faulty laptop

Do you have to pay for shipping? or were you given a prepaid label?

• Advertisement

Do you have to pay for shipping? or were you given a prepaid label?

Prepaid label for An Post

Prepaid label for An Post

Thanks. How long did you have the phone?

Anyone getting redirected after clicking links from Twitter/Facebook?

E.g. Clicking a link from Nike's Twitter (or any legit sites twitter/FB) and then go to load the legitimate link for a few seconds, then get redirected to a page saying

I know this happened before for Three/Vodafone/Meteor/Eir customers on android and Apple devices. It was then sorted and seems to be back now!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Mine had problems with the keyboard and is gone back.
    5 to 7 working day is the estimate. I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Anyone else having issues with snapchat! Takes nearly two minutes to open the app. Tried re-installing. Started happening around the same time as the facebook problems mentioned a few pages back in the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Nearly time to say bye bye to the Ultra, will ve upgrading to a One Plus 3 in a few days.

Been a great phone for the price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

dahat wrote:
    Nearly time to say bye bye to the Ultra, will ve upgrading to a One Plus 3 in a few days.

How long did you have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭dahat

zweton wrote: »
    How long did you have it?

Since November I think, maybe a little before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Sorry if this has been asked already but how would this phone rank against the Motorola 2nd and third gen phones?

Thanks for your help

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

JJayoo wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already but how would this phone rank against the Motorola 2nd and third gen phones?

Thanks for your help

Definitely better than the 2, and I would wager it's better than the 3, although I haven't directly compared them.

Just came here to say that I'm still rocking my SU6, have had it a year and a month now and it's as good as ever. Savage battery life, great performance, and love the screen. I reckon I'll keep it for another year.

I have seen reviews of the smart ultra 7 which suggest it's not as much of a revelation that the 6 was.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Did anyone here send their phone back after unlocking it via the method on the Bargain Alerts thread? There's a fault with my headphone slot but was thinking the warranty might be voided

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Did anyone here send their phone back after unlocking it via the method on the Bargain Alerts thread? There's a fault with my headphone slot but was thinking the warranty might be voided

Yes I have, my first SU6 had a faulty battery but I had already bought and used a network unlock code from ebay, I foolishly told the sales rep this the first time I had gone to the store about it and he claimed I had voided the warranty so I left and went onto boards and asked if this was true and someone here explained I hadn't so the next day I went in without my meteor sim in the phone and just explained it was faulty and that I wanted a replacement, that was grand had to leave it with them because the sales rep said they had to be able to test the fault themselves and see if it could be repaired (if it was something I could prove there and then its a straight replacement) but 3 days later I got a text saying my phone was ready but when I got there they just gave me a brand new one so happy days.

Sorry for the essay but just wanted to show its a mistake to admit you unlocked the phone because they will lie and say it breaks warranty even though it doesn't, don't get me wrong it's frowned upon because they charge you to get it unlocked by them but that's all they can say about it.

Good luck with getting it sorted, hope this helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

Hi all.

I got my SU6 repaired about 3 months ago. This meant that I got a new IMEI and was again lockedto Vodafone. That didn't really bother me as the unlocking is so cheap.

The downside is that I haven't been able to unlock the phone. I've tried in different sellers on ebay but they have all so far come back to say that the IMEI hasn't been released for unlocking yet.

Do any of ye know of a way around this? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

DanC90 wrote: »
    Yes I have, my first SU6 had a faulty battery but I had already bought and used a network unlock code from ebay, I foolishly told the sales rep this the first time I had gone to the store about it and he claimed I had voided the warranty so I left and went onto boards and asked if this was true and someone here explained I hadn't so the next day I went in without my meteor sim in the phone and just explained it was faulty and that I wanted a replacement, that was grand had to leave it with them because the sales rep said they had to be able to test the fault themselves and see if it could be repaired (if it was something I could prove there and then its a straight replacement) but 3 days later I got a text saying my phone was ready but when I got there they just gave me a brand new one so happy days.

Sorry for the essay but just wanted to show its a mistake to admit you unlocked the phone because they will lie and say it breaks warranty even though it doesn't, don't get me wrong it's frowned upon because they charge you to get it unlocked by them but that's all they can say about it.

Good luck with getting it sorted, hope this helped.

Nice one, cheers. I'll just say I phoned their call center in India and everything is above board :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I've just set up Android pay on my SU6. Looking forward to giving it a test run today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

La_Gordy wrote: »
    I've just set up Android pay on my SU6. Looking forward to giving it a test run today.
    Please let me know how you get on because any time I try to add a card it says that my bank isn't supported.

Please let me know how you get on because any time I try to add a card it says that my bank isn't supported.

I got an email from Android Pay today as i'd previously tried to add my card and my bank (Royal Bank of Scotland) didn't support it. Waiting for the opportunity to gie it a whirl now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

which bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Just tried to add my PTSB card and my Revolut card and it wouldn't let me add either so it looks like Google still thinks Ireland is in the technological third world.

which bank?

Royal Bank of Scotland (ahm in the UK).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Did anyone try getting android auto working ? Tried with the Skoda an joy. Just won't connect

I used it on the way home for the bus, it was extremely handy. I just had the phone not in locked mode, the app wasn't even open, held it to the reader and a second later it vibrated and the reader beeped and I was good to go. I'll be using it from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I used it on the way home for the bus, it was extremely handy. I just had the phone not in locked mode, the app wasn't even open, held it to the reader and a second later it vibrated and the reader beeped and I was good to go. I'll be using it from now on!

androidpay? are you sure? I thought it wasn't even available in Ireland yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭oleras

They finally released the hologram app that has the replicator built in.

Oh...im in the future...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Currently have the Ultra 6 and just wanted to know, does anyone else have problems with Snapchat crashing the odd time and google searches being quite slow? Thinking of upgrading.

Advertisement