Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Mr Arrior wrote:
    Currently have the Ultra 6 and just wanted to know, does anyone else have problems with Snapchat crashing the odd time and google searches being quite slow? Thinking of upgrading.

I had that problem with google, was getting unusable, deleted a pile of apps and no joy so done a factory reset and was flying after that, no problems since and its been a couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

I had that problem with google, was getting unusable, deleted a pile of apps and no joy so done a factory reset and was flying after that, no problems since and its been a couple of months

Might be the app cache? Don't have the google problem but Snapchat just doesn't work on it..... Doesny load halve th time and notifications of snaps dont work. I'd go back to my Nexus 4 if only the battery would last more than 5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Phone has started to restart on its own randomly and it struggles to boot back up. Sometimes when it freezes and reboots the screen goes completely blue. Anyone come across this? I have reset the phone but that hasn't helped.

I bought this phone on Amazon and might have to return it but Amazon seem to say you need to contact the manufacturer, anyone had any experience with this?

*Edit* Amazon have already offered a refund,handy in a sense but shame they are out of stock to replace it as I do like the phone when it was working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Have you tried root it before? There are two versions of the su6, the early batch were easy to root. The latter is not so easy.

Try rooting it with wondershare mobilego for windows. Its a one click root method.

No issues at all with rom, its very stable and everything works unlike on some of the earlier roms.

Hi FJ, Any way of telling which is the "early" and which is the later batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Will we be getting anymore updates now that the 7 is out? By the way 7 is a step backward IMHO had it for a week as a test phone for work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

woodyg wrote: »
    Will we be getting anymore updates now that the 7 is out? By the way 7 is a step backward IMHO had it for a week as a test phone for work.

Not a hope it'll be updated imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

There's an App called System Updates from Zte just appeared from no where? Never asked for consent to install and can't be removed.

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    There's an App called System Updates from Zte just appeared from no where? Never asked for consent to install and can't be removed.

Is there an update available in it?

Is there an update available in it?

No just appeared in my apps and games has french writing in it. Cant uninstall it only appears in the google store list of my apps.People say in the reviews its bloatware or some spyware. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Just checked and I have it too, anybody figured out how to get rid of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    No just appeared in my apps and games has french writing in it. Cant uninstall it only appears in the google store list of my apps.People say in the reviews its bloatware or some spyware. :(

Saw it appearing on the one in the house here also.

Anyone manage to root theirs? Trying wondershare like FrostyJim said a few pages ago but no luck but then again it's not working on a HTC M7 either so I reckon i'm doing something wrong.

Anyone any tips or other programs to enable one-click root? Dont mind a more complicated solution if it defo works and still looks like it was never rooted. I dont want to swap anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Phone's starting to slow and battery isn't great anymore. Will probably change soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    Phone's starting to slow and battery isn't great anymore. Will probably change soon.

I just got a VF Platinum 7, and passed the SU6 to my wife. Factory reset and she's moved from a Moto G 3rd Gen and the SU6 is performing well, as fast as new, and battery is lasting the full day.

I got rid of that App by doing a Factory Reset if anyone still has it on.

Sorry posted twice.

Actually just appeared again so that didn't help :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Alan G

Hi lads,

I'm in the market for a SU6. Are they available to buy new from anywhere at a reasonable price?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Alan G wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I'm in the market for a SU6. Are they available to buy new from anywhere at a reasonable price?

Cheers

If you can't find one for cheapish new. I'd recommend a Moto G4: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5768244/Trail/searchtext%3EMOTO+G4.htm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If you can't find one for cheapish new. I'd recommend a Moto G4: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5768244/Trail/searchtext%3EMOTO+G4.htm

x2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Anybody having issues with NFC/Android Beam functionality? The two options in settings are greyed out and unavailable in settings now. I have recently switched network providers although i dont know if this is the reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭banjolin

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

My SU6 screen was banjaxed so sent it in for repair under warranty. In the meantime I bought a Moto G4 and while it is a great phone there is not much between them in everyday usage.

From a multimedia point of view the G4 screen really pops and the higher definition does show when you view the screens side by side. Combined with a better sounding speaker the overall experience is significantly better on the G4. G4 speaker is definitely better than the SU6 speaker (better than my Toshiba laptop for that matter) and using VLC for playback, tweaking the equaliser can make it sound huge.

However there is no NFC on the G4 (so no Android Pay) and no magnetometer. The latter might seem like a non issue but you can't use compass apps and you can't use astronomy/star finder apps which I used a lot on the SU6.

If you can live without those the G4 is another great phone. I would happily have the SU6 back but the wife has nabbed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

banjolin wrote: »
    My SU6 screen was banjaxed so sent it in for repair under warranty. In the meantime I bought a Moto G4 and while it is a great phone there is not much between them in everyday usage.

If you can live without those the G4 is another great phone. I would happily have the SU6 back but the wife has nabbed it.

What's the camera like on the G4?

(Daughter has SU6 for over a year now and the only complaint she has is the camera (but she is comparing it to HCT M8, M9 & M10 which make up the rest of the phones in the house)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's still €180?

What price is the 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

€199.99
    The 6 is out of stock with Vodafone and I would be surprised if it comes back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭banjolin

Bravobabe wrote: »
    What's the camera like on the G4?

(Daughter has SU6 for over a year now and the only complaint she has is the camera (but she is comparing it to HCT M8, M9 & M10 which make up the rest of the phones in the house)

Camera functionality is different and not quite as intuitive as the SU6, but there is no great leap in picture quality. They are both out of their depth in low light conditions.

I have yet to figure out an easy way to view G4 pictures as you take them. There isn't even a photo gallery installed, and I have to use File Manager, which is not enabled out of the box and has to be manually enabled in the settings. You can turn the G4 camera on with a flick of your wrist, or switch between front and back cameras the same way, if that floats your boat.

You can get the Smart Ultra 7 and unlock it too

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99861027

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Just an update on Android Pay - now ahm not sure if this is due to my bank or what but it took days for my transactions to be processed. So for that, I'm going to give it a miss for a while more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Just an update on Android Pay - now ahm not sure if this is due to my bank or what but it took days for my transactions to be processed. So for that, I'm going to give it a miss for a while more.

How/where did you download the Android Pay app? I can never find it in the Play Store.It was my understanding that it's not available in Ireland yet.
    I also tweeted AndroidPay who confirmed that to me.

Advertisement