Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭54and56

Here are some colorful gel cases in packs 10...
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=361341791784&alt=web

Who needs 10 cases?? They don't seem to sell them in 1's :(

Found these though

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Shockproof-Dual-Layer-Heavy-Duty-Case-Cover-Stand-For-Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6-/381329517689?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item58c902ac79

Edit: Crap, saw the small print. Not available until mid august :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This in Dublin Vodafone shops now?

They had none in stock in their Tallaght store and i was told that they were expecting to get more in on Tuesday (as that's their delivery day) the guy told me that he'd ring me, but I got no call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Sold out in galway stores. More stock coming Fri apparently.
    Don't be surprised if it's Monday, I've a stock list for all the stores that I receive each morning, and I've ordered one myself internally and told that I'll be waiting until the 21st to receive it, which is Tuesday.

Don't be surprised if it's Monday, I've a stock list for all the stores that I receive each morning, and I've ordered one myself internally and told that I'll be waiting until the 21st to receive it, which is Tuesday.

Any idea when the cases for the Ultra 6 will come into stock? I called into my local VF store on Monday and they expected them in "in a couple of days".

Also, has anyone here used the custom screen cover option VF are offering instore? It looks like an old laminating machine which shrink wraps a screen protector onto your phone. It costs €15 but if it's professionally and permanently applied it might be worth the investment. I've never had much luck with screen protectors as I either make a mess of applying them or they start to lift at the corners fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Any idea when the cases for the Ultra 6 will come into stock? I called into my local VF store on Monday and they expected them in "in a couple of days".

Also, has anyone here used the custom screen cover option VF are offering instore? It looks like an old laminating machine which shrink wraps a screen protector onto your phone. It costs €15 but if it's professionally and permanently applied it might be worth the investment. I've never had much luck with screen protectors as I either make a mess of applying them or they start to lift at the corners fairly quickly.

Wouldn't bother with that to be honest. Get a tempered glass one from eBay when they release a few.

• Advertisement

Nope, no clue sorry.

I'll be also getting a tempered glass protector, need one with a 14 month old boy in the house, a tempered glass protector has already saved my OPO on more then one occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

How do you get a stock list each morning? Also how did you order one internally?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

How do you get a stock list each morning? Also how did you order one internally?

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭emo72

I reckon he works for a phone shop.

emo72 wrote: »
    I reckon he works for a phone shop.

I don't, I work for VF.

When I saw the guy asking about stock in Galway I asked the dude in charge of that for the stock list, I'll now be receiving it every morning :)

On the back of this thread I ordered the phone, to replace a SGS3 that has recently ended up on the scrapheap due to a charger being fused into the charging point.

We get them for cost price, with a staff discount, so it's only costing me forty quid.

I'm not on the "Talk To..." team, so I won't be acting as a rep or anything like that, it's just what I do, saw an opportunity to help a fellow boardsie.

• Advertisement

I don't, I work for VF.

When I saw the guy asking about stock in Galway I asked the dude in charge of that for the stock list, I'll now be receiving it every morning :)

On the back of this thread I ordered the phone, to replace a SGS3 that has recently ended up on the scrapheap due to a charger being fused into the charging point.

We get them for cost price, with a staff discount, so it's only costing me forty quid.

I'm not on the "Talk To..." team, so I won't be acting as a rep or anything like that, it's just what I do, saw an opportunity to help a fellow boardsie.

Well done BC and don't let people turn you into a VF rep either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

so it's only costing me forty quid.
    Wow, now that's a steal for those specs

saw an opportunity to help a fellow boardsie.

Much appreciated good sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Back in stock online now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Excellent thanks. Ordered one.

how long is shipping if bought online?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

how long is shipping if bought online?

It says guaranteed next day delivery if ordered before 1pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Surely the shop will get them in now if available online? Can someone tell me if there is any risk in getting this unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

After recommending this phone and having it for nearly 2 weeks now I've noticed a few bugs here and there. They may all be down to rooting but I've no way of going back to complete stock so I can't be sure.

One is lag here and there and apps randomly closing. It doesn't happen all the time but every now and then.

Another glitch seems to be on alarm notifications in the drop down menu, it would not allow me dismiss one the other morning before it went off even though my finger was registering the press on screen.

The last and probably most annoying issue is twice now I've taken it out of my pocket and its been switched off. Possibly tap to wake is causing it so I'm going to disable that feature and see if it happens again.

In general its a great phone and the battery life is insanely good but it does seem to have a few glitches here and there. Anyone else had their phone switching off?

After recommending this phone and having it for nearly 2 weeks now I've noticed a few bugs here and there. They may all be down to rooting but I've no way of going back to complete stock so I can't be sure.

One is lag here and there and apps randomly closing. It doesn't happen all the time but every now and then.

Another glitch seems to be on alarm notifications in the drop down menu, it would not allow me dismiss one the other morning before it went off even though my finger was registering the press on screen.

The last and probably most annoying issue is twice now I've taken it out of my pocket and its been switched off. Possibly tap to wake is causing it so I'm going to disable that feature and see if it happens again.

In general its a great phone and the battery life is insanely good but it does seem to have a few glitches here and there. Anyone else had their phone switching off?

How you find cam quality ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

How you find cam quality ?

Haven't actually got around to taking any proper snaps with it. Pretty good specs for a phone this cheap though.

• Advertisement

Haven't actually got around to taking any proper snaps with it. Pretty good specs for a phone this cheap though.

Negative, what screen protector and case are you using? I've just ordered this phone and need to get it under wraps quick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

in poor light you need to adjust brightness of camera , but good quality when zoomed also

CJvcEiFXAAEgdwR.jpg

Back in stock on the website :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Just ordered, 10 minutes before the 1 PM, hopefully they will deliver tomorrow so that I'll have a phone for the weekend !!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Just ordered mine but after 1. No chance of getting it tomorrow then no????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

just ordered one at about 1.15, probably miss the deadline..

needed something to replace my s3 with no rear camera running Revolution s5, this seems like a good deal for price.

paired with three's 20e sim package im on now, only use it for the all u can eat data.

well if its one day delivery , one would presume they will also be landing into the stores for sale tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Ya rang up Vodafone in Limerick, he said there are expecting 6 tomorrow. Couldn't take the risk with only 6 being for sale so ordered online. He said they have had tonnes of phone calls inquiring about the phone. Looks like its very popular.

Sold out online already :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

sweetie wrote:
    What's the app please?

It's called Phone Signal Notifier free from Google Play Store... It's actually really good!

Advertisement