Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Gone again? No way

Are they selling them one by one?! Grrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

I have one in my basket but not going to go ahead with it so there should be one in 3..2..1..

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Mine still says being processed even though I ordered at 1 yesterday. Contacted Vodafone, saying that this is a stock issue. Surely if I ordered in time before stock went out there shouldn't be a stock issue for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

kevin306 wrote: »
    Mine still says being processed even though I ordered at 1 yesterday. Contacted Vodafone, saying that this is a stock issue. Surely if I ordered in time before stock went out there shouldn't be a stock issue for me

Before 1 means nothing.

Seen a threads over on their talk to about phones being a no show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Before 1 means nothing.

Seen a threads over on their talk to about phones being a no show.

Yup, happened to me. Ordered well before 1 and the phone was fully in stock. Never came despite 3 of their phones reps telling me it would. It was just stuck on "due for dispatch". I ended up collecting it from the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

rizzee wrote: »
    Anyone a link to the tempered glass protectors?

Saw this on another thread (or maybe even this one); http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-5D-Explosion-proof-Tempered-Glass-Film-for-ZTE-Blade-S6-Lux-5-5-Q7-Screen/32367715985.html
    Ordered this morning so won't know for certain if it fits til it lands...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭plonker

Has anyone on Tesco had any success getting the Internet on 3g?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

plonker wrote: »
    Has anyone on Tesco had any success getting the Internet on 3g?

Working fine for me, usually between H and H+. Have you set up an APN in Settings/Mobile Networks?

I combined the Tesco settings into one APN:

- Name TMI Internet APN
    - APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    - MCC: 272
    - MNC: 11
    - APN Type: default,supl,mms
    - MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    - MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    - MMS Port: 8080

Save, activate with the radio button and restart your phone...

Cheers,
    Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Whats the app you downloaded?

Phone signal notifier from Google Play... It's way better than the stock notifier as it give you a lot more info

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Guys what's the story with getting it unlocked ? Do I send imei number ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Got phone this morning in Galway store , unlock code got in 20 min, called into meteor store few doors down and got them to clip my sim they have a press machine that will do it so no messing with scissors.

playing around with it for last hour, very impressed, no lag, good screen, decent cam quality front and back.

I'm coming from a s4 as well and this defiantly feels like a upgrade, for the price well worth it. Although im terrified im gonna drop and break it so much glass!!! i defo need a cover pronto!

I'd say if anyone's on the fence go for it. best phone on market for <200 bucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

marvsins wrote: »

Imei, phone model and network its locked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭plonker

fast_eddie wrote:
    Save, activate with the radio button and restart your phone...

fast_eddie wrote:
    Cheers, Eddie

Eddie.I downloaded the settings fromthe tesco site for the zte blade s6 ok but when you say activate with the radio button that must be my prob,how exactly do I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

marvsins wrote:

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

plonker wrote: »
    Eddie.I downloaded the settings fromthe tesco site for the zte blade s6 ok but when you say activate with the radio button that must be my prob,how exactly do I do that?

When you finish editing the APN, hit the "more" menu at top right and select Save.
    Then exit using the "back" button on the bottom left of the display - you should see the APN name that you've just saved, with an empty (unselected) radio button to the right of the name.

Tap once on the radio button so that it is selected, and then restart your phone.

Cheers,
    Eddie

FYI, having ordered the Smart Ultra 6 before 1pm yesterday and the online tracking *still* saying "Ready for dispatch", I rang Vodafone and was informed that "next day delivery" means delivery any time before 6pm.

OK, that might seem a bit obvious, but I was assured that the static nature of the online tracking system doesn't reflect actual progress...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Vodafone shop in Donaghmede just got 8 in stock. I just reserved one. They are open til 9pm tonight. Their number is 01 8478777 if anyone wants to reserve one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,801 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I was told since I ordered it after 12pm it could take upto two days to arrive, but once I told her its 1pm on the site she told me I should receive it today. Don't think their tracking system is great. Still no sign of it though

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

FYI, having ordered the Smart Ultra 6 before 1pm yesterday and the online tracking *still* saying "Ready for dispatch", I rang Vodafone and was informed that "next day delivery" means delivery any time before 6pm.

OK, that might seem a bit obvious, but I was assured that the static nature of the online tracking system doesn't reflect actual progress...

Ordered one yesterday before 1 also. Not delivered from An Postman Pat so expecting a courier delivery before 6 or PeteFalk isn't going to be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

wingnut wrote: »
    Anyone find a case locally? My local Vodafone said they would be getting some in but given there are none online I'm not that hopeful.

The iphone 6 plus gel cases do fit but buttons are in the wrong place.

Got case in Vodafone store on Wednesday they had a good few in

• Advertisement

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Ordered one yesterday before 1 also. Not delivered from An Postman Pat so expecting a courier delivery before 6 or PeteFalk isn't going to be very happy.

All their deliveries are done by An Post, not courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Techmaster wrote: »

....and it's Friday. Hate when that happens! (Even more painful when there's a bank holiday)

When are An Post going to take up delivering on Saturdays like Royal Mail does :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

In stock in Limerick?Better than moto g?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭SteM

Had a play with one of these in Vodafone Henry Street today. Nippy phone, very impressed but it's too big for me. If it was a 5 or 5.2 inch screen I'd give up my OnePlus One for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,801 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

bigpink wrote: »
    In stock in Limerick?Better than moto g?

I Would have thought so.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

SteM wrote: »
    Had a play with one of these in Vodafone Henry Street today. Nippy phone, very impressed but it's too big for me. If it was a 5 or 5.2 inch screen I'd give up my OnePlus One for it.

Is it not the same size as the OnePlus One though? If so, why is it too big for you? :P

Techmaster wrote: »

Well that's that then. So much for "next day delivery"! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Ordered at 12.25 yesterday and no sign of it today. Who would you report Vodafone to for misleading advertising?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

You prob get it monday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Too late. False advertising. boils my pi&s

Advertisement