Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

This phone is such a bargain I really can't understand why anyone would shell out €800 odd for an IPhone 6 Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Finally seeing some covers for sale from UK.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/10-PACK-SILICONE-GEL-CASE-SKIN-COVER-FOR-VODAFONE-SMART-ULTRA-6-BLACK-PURPLE-RED-/361341791784?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5421a62e28

10 pack for about 15 euro delivered. Says Smart Ultra throughout but on the 2nd sentence in description he says Smart Prime? What do yous think, it looks like the Ultra to me in picture as camera is in the right location on the back

Here's a pre order for mid August for a shock proof case

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-TOUGH-SHOCKPROOF-HARD-STAND-CASE-COVER-FOR-VODAFONE-SMART-ULTRA-6-/151746433028?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2354cad004

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

rizzee wrote: »
    Finally seeing some covers for sale from UK.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/10-PACK-SILICONE-GEL-CASE-SKIN-COVER-FOR-VODAFONE-SMART-ULTRA-6-BLACK-PURPLE-RED-/361341791784?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5421a62e28

10 pack for about 15 euro delivered. Says Smart Ultra throughout but on the 2nd sentence in description he says Smart Prime? What do yous think, it looks like the Ultra to me in picture as camera is in the right location on the back

Here's a pre order for mid August for a shock proof case

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-TOUGH-SHOCKPROOF-HARD-STAND-CASE-COVER-FOR-VODAFONE-SMART-ULTRA-6-/151746433028?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2354cad004
    That's 10 or more available, you'll only get 1 for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

That's 10 or more available, you'll only get 1 for that price.

No, it's a ten pack of cases.

''10 PACK SILICONE GEL CASE SKIN COVER FOR VODAFONE SMART ULTRA 6 BLACK PURPLE RED

Here we have a great value pack of 10 cases for the new Vodafone Smart Prime 6, why not change it everday and still have enough to give away!

Colours include:
    Black
    White
    Red
    Pink
    Purple
    Orange
    Yellow
    Green
    Blue
    Turquoise''

Smart Prime is a typo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Been in 4 different stores and was told the same thing in all so must be :)

What was that exactly? That they are getting phones on Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Anyone figured out how to get emojis on? The messaging app has a seperate button but when using Facebook etc there's no emojis on the keyboard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Picking one up today or tomorrow to use as my secondary (work) phone, lighter use, and it will compliment my OPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

was all set to buy the be touch 2 from china but think im gonna go for this , the specs and reviews are great for the price, gonna go up town at lunch and try and get one, hopefully some Galway stores have stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Little update... Still amazed by this fone lol been playing around with it for the last two hours & battery is still at 93%, that's with unplugging in the night at 100%!!
    Previously I had an s4, moto g (5 inch new model), note etc but this beats them all so far hands down!
    Can see fine in the sun too, speaker is good, which is important for me as I listen to audio books A LOT! (Only gripe is speaker on the back & easy to cover up/muffle)
    Fast & responsive enough to work with... Very happy so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone based in Dublin city centre fancy going halves on the 10 case pack.

• Advertisement

plonker wrote:
    anyone on tesco having any probs getting 3g, I downloaded the settings for the ZTE blade 6 but beside the signal strength there's an "R"..I cut the sim down from micro to nano and the phone and texts are sound,the "Data Roaming checkbox"enabled or disabled checkbox is on all the time either way,might order a nano from Tesco and see if that changes anything???

Hi just wondering if you sanded the back of it down too...??

Anyone figured out how to get emojis on? The messaging app has a seperate button but when using Facebook etc there's no emojis on the keyboard?

Try downloading a different keyboard app with more emojis , The keyboard on android phones is an application and can be changed for a different one in the play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Just test fitted 3 iPhone 6 plus cases.. They fit but the only thing is the dept of the case is just shy of what the phone needs. These were gel cases I tried, now a more flexible silicon one might be perfect. Button cut out with a blade would be needed but that's pretty simple affair with a steady hand and an arts knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Here are some colorful gel cases in packs 10...
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=361341791784&alt=web

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Looks good

Can anyone help me with internet settings for 48...?? I cut down a sim & have transferred my number but can't get the internet to work... It's a real pain!!

Could anyone please help me with internet settings for 48...? I have tried entering the details they give on the site but still can't get it to work...
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

unreg999 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with internet settings for 48...?? I cut down a sim & have transferred my number but can't get the internet to work... It's a real pain!!

You can enter the APN (internet settings) manually using this configuration:

Don't see your handset on the list?
    Don't worry! These generic internet settings should sort you out

Enter the following information only:

APN - 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: internet,supl,mms

To set up your internet and mms settings:

APN - 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: default,supl,mms

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭monster1

Hi just wondering if you sanded the back of it down too...??

I cut my micro sim to nano size. did not need to sand it down

Thanks for that.. It seems it actually is working but I wasn't getting any symbol in the status bar so I didn't think it was!
    I downloaded an app which sits on the left side of bar instead of right which sorted that out for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Is the option of making selfie videos on this phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

dedaw wrote: »
    Is the option of making selfie videos on this phone?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

unreg999 wrote:
    Thanks for that.. It seems it actually is working but I wasn't getting any symbol in the status bar so I didn't think it was! I downloaded an app which sits on the left side of bar instead of right which sorted that out for me!

What's the app please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

monster1 wrote: »
    I cut my micro sim to nano size. did not need to sand it down

Is it difficult to cut down to size?

Sold out in galway stores. More stock coming Fri apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭monster1

Is it difficult to cut down to size?

No, I used a crap scissors so its not too difficult. If you are worried you can search for a template of the nano sim. Search YouTube micro sim to nano sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Amazing looking phone for the money. Doesn't even look or operate like its a budget handset either (I've tried it instore). Not premium certainly, more middle of the road.

Can anyone tell me what is Vodafone's previous record for releasing updates to their own Voda smartphones? Is this likely to see Android M?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

This in Dublin Vodafone shops now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

Could anyone please help me with internet settings for 48...? I have tried entering the details they give on the site but still can't get it to work...
    Thanks!

It's a common problem.

Set up a new APN, call it what you want "Boards 48 APN" or whatever and insert ONLY the following exactly as it's typed excluding the " marks.

APN settings are:-

APN: "48months.liffeytelecom.com"
    MCC: "272"
    MNC: "11"
    Authentication type: "PAP"
    APN type: "default,supl"

It's the APN Type setting "default,supl" which difffers from what's on the 48 website and it's that change which makes it work.

Delete all other APN's that might be on the phone, reboot the phone and you should be sorted. These settings work perfectly for my son.

(I initially spent 2 hours scratching my head wondering why they weren't working and I wasn't able to receive or send any data only to eventually figure out he had already blown through his monthly data allowance :o Topped him up €3's worth of data, rebooted the phone and within a couple of minutes data was flowing.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

This in Dublin Vodafone shops now?

Display model, not sure about stock...or which you're asking about!

Advertisement