Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Has any one had it connected to the laptop as a media device to transfer Media ?

Having issues setting it up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Can't for the life of me open the SD card port!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

sweetie wrote: »

Have you got a sewing needle or pin or something to push into the hole to pop it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Nowso wrote:
    Has any one had it connected to the laptop as a media device to transfer Media ?

Having issues setting it up

If you just want to access your file system then you will need to enable the MTP setting in Settings / Storage. Click on the three dots in the top right to bring up the USB settings and

enable MTP.

I have looked for the Android / ADB drivers on both the Vodafone site and ZTE's site without luck.

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    Have you got a sewing needle or pin or something to push into the hole to pop it out?

Oh yeah it comes with a thingy. Worked fine on sim side. I'll bring it to the shop tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

If you just want to access your file system then you will need to enable the MTP setting in Settings / Storage. Click on the three dots in the top right to bring up the USB settings and

enable MTP.

I have looked for the Android / ADB drivers on both the Vodafone site and ZTE's site without luck.

thanks thats handy for tranfering Large videos etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I couldn't get it open either.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

I couldn't get it open either.

It took me a while to get the SD card slot open. I found it raised just slightly and I was able to pry it open from there.

Spoonman wrote: »
    It took me a while to get the SD card slot open. I found it raised just slightly and I was able to pry it open from there.

brought to shop and they used an apple thing and it did it. think the one they included is a bit small.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

bajer101 wrote: »
    So tell me what you think are the specs of the various models.

they're not the same - different resolution, different weight, and they look different:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7168&idPhone2=7313&idPhone3=6954

• Advertisement

Got my internet on Tescomobile setup today but it seems I have to have data roaming turned on for it to work? Says 'no data connectivity because you are abroad and Data roaming is disable' when I switch it off. Unlocked with the ebay link in OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Got my internet on Tescomobile setup today but it seems I have to have data roaming turned on for it to work? Says 'no data connectivity because you are abroad and Data roaming is disable' when I switch it off. Unlocked with the ebay link in OP.

ye that happens a lot with tesco mobiles. Had it an xperia and a galaxy s3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Sweetie, why would you invest in a 4G phone on a 3G network? or have tescoes upgraded?

ye that happens a lot with tesco mobiles. Had it an xperia and a galaxy s3

so no solution? just leave it on?
    Sweetie, why would you invest in a 4G phone on a 3G network? or have tescoes upgraded?

ha ha, ye got me. Well the main reason I upgraded from my moto g was screen size for browsing and netflix etc. I do a lot of both.
    I was getting 3.5g / 'H' on my moto g and I'd be hopeful that we will get 4g sometime this year. Tbh the tesco deal I have is too good to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cisco92

Yes its a weird one that. If you are on tescomobile you have to turn 'data roaming' to get internet access. Same on my Motorola moto g.

Just to confirm its ok to do that - you don't somehow get charged extra on your bill.

Just be careful when you do actually travel abroad that you remember to turn it off

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cisco92

Yes its a weird one that. If you are on tescomobile you have to turn on 'data roaming' to get internet access. Same on my Motorola moto g.

Just to confirm its ok to do that - you don't somehow get charged extra on your bill.

Just be careful when you do actually travel abroad that you remember to turn it off

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭christyden

Have this phone a week now, but can t figure out how to take a screen shot. Volume down and power button doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

christyden wrote: »
    Have this phone a week now, but can t figure out how to take a screen shot. Volume down and power button doesn't work

Hold both down for a few secs and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

christyden wrote: »

Working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Are you pressing them both simultaneously for 1 or 2 secs? Works for me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Try pressing the power button first then immediately press and hold volume down with it and it will take a screenshot. Works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Just posted the review on the smart prime 6 and working on the ultra review now. Both phones are insanely impressive for the costs. I was blown away by what the prime 6 is offering for just 90 and then got the press release for the ultra.

Easily flagship specs from just last year. Kind of hard to justify a 400-500 euro device. Vodafone have done some magic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thor wrote: »
    Just posted the review on the smart prime 6 and working on the ultra review now. Both phones are insanely impressive for the costs. I was blown away by what the prime 6 is offering for just 90 and then got the press release for the ultra.

Easily flagship specs from just last year. Kind of hard to justify a 400-500 euro device. Vodafone have done some magic here.

If only they had some available!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

If only! Really want this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Does it have a selfie video option?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Did you try in a store or just online?

Which stores were out of stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Got in online from VFone, unlocked no probs everything works great. Can't believe the quality for the money, a match for the iPhone 6 plus really for a fraction of the price!

Actually really like the supplied charger too it is a really compact 1500 ma charger.

Only problem I have is adjsting my thumb to texting on the size of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

I picked one up a couple of days ago from the Athlone store... They didn't even know they had them!

Brought it home & they had given me the wrong size sim, I was getting it unlocked anyway but it takes so long for Three to do sim upgrade transfers...

Also had problems with the SD card slot, it didn't fit flush to the fone & the SD card wasn't recognised!

I brought it back on Sunday & they changed the fone for a new one no problem, also gave me the nano sim!

Had to get the new fone unlocked but the guy only charged me half as I hadn't actually used the 1st code he'd sent me!

Still waiting for sim changeover from three... Turns out the divvy in the three shop gave me an old o2 nano sim instead of a three one... Will probably be days now before I'm actually using the thing by the time I get the right sim & then wait for them to change it over!

I've set the fone up & downloaded all my apps in the meantime & I am seriously impressed so far... Way better than my old s4 and a million times better than the motor g I only bought 3 weeks ago for 200 quid arghhhh (I can't stand it that's why I'm changing to the Ultra!)

I've ordered a case from Germany & tempered glass cover from Spain (both from eBay for ZTE Blade S6 plus) don't want to take a chance dropping it as though it seems to work great the build isn't anything special & I'd say pretty flimsy...
    Lots of wallet-type covers on eBay if you search the Blade but you'll be waiting weeks maybe months from China or HK (from my experience)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I've had the phone a few days now and I'm really impressed. I changed from an iPhone 5 which means I have to get used to some small difference but my god the battery life being so much better than an iPhone is such a big thing for me. If youre using 4G on an iPhone you may as well just use a laptop because the battery was so bad.

Overall the phone just feels so polished. Screen resolution is excellent and the only thing I'd change physically is the location of the speaker on the device. I'd prefer it on the bottom instead of the back but that's a very minor drawback for what is undoubtedly a far superior device to the iPhone 5. I still can't believe that it's retailing at significantly less than half the price of the 5C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

A week on using this phone i've only charged it fully twice. 4G on continuously for 8-10 hours 5 of those nights (nightshift work) and Wifi whilst at home. Listening to music & radio, browsing the web and downloaded lots of apps. Only bug Is the notification light but i'm going to go in store and see what they can do. Waiting patiently for covers to come in post... The phone is unbelievable value for money :)

Advertisement