Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

So lads, just got it there today, I prefer it to the One plus One so far. It appears that you can only get OTA updates with a Vodafone sim installed, do you reckon there'll be much of a ROM community? Odds of this getting M? I normally don't use a case but I reckon this needs it, any good ones knocking around yet?To anyone considering this I reckon its a no-brainer for the price, easy to unlock, very happy with it so far, my only gripe would be with the power button placement, I wouldn't mind having onscreen home/back/tab buttons like on the One either....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭SteM

Techmaster wrote: »
    Is it not the same size as the OnePlus One though? If so, why is it too big for you? :P

The OnePlus is too big imo, I would have thought that was obvious seeing I said the Smart Ultra was too big and they're the same size screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

SteM wrote: »
    The OnePlus is too big imo, I would have thought that was obvious seeing I said the Smart Ultra was too big and they're the same size screen.

Ah no I knew that - just wondered why you got the OnePlus in the first place if 5.5" was too big for ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭SteM

Ah no I knew that - just wondered why you got the OnePlus in the first place if 5.5" was too big for ya ;)

I've bought it and decided over the last 10 months using it that 5.5 inch screens are not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

When will your order arrive?
    Your order will arrive connected to the Vodafone Network. Orders placed before 1pm will be delivered the next working day. Orders placed after 1pm on Thursday will be delivered within 2 working days.

Just in case anyone is still expecting delivery today, orders placed yesterday before 1pm are just beginning to dispatch now.
    Expect delivery Monday.

You can just disregard Vodafone's "next working day" - it's just there to, well.........:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Got case in Vodafone store on Wednesday they had a good few in

What's it like, how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

sweetie wrote: »
    What's it like, how much?

€24.99 same grey colour as the phone, book style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

€24.99 same grey colour as the phone, book style

Would you be able to upload a picture or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Kramer wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is still expecting delivery today, orders placed yesterday before 1pm are just beginning to dispatch now.
    Expect delivery Monday.

You can just disregard Vodafone's "next working day" - it's just there to, well.........:rolleyes:

Thanks for that I was expecting mine today ordered yesterday 12.30

All of you should submit complaints to Vodafone.

It has happened to me in the past too, very annoying.

It's misleading and pretty much false advertising too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Few photos of the vodafone case for €24.99 : https://www.flickr.com/gp/24501704@N03/g68278

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Few photos of the vodafone case for €24.99 : https://www.flickr.com/gp/24501704@N03/g68278

A bit excessive for €24.99 tho :/

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭plonker

fast_eddie wrote: »
    Working fine for me, usually between H and H+. Have you set up an APN in Settings/Mobile Networks?

I combined the Tesco settings into one APN:

- Name TMI Internet APN
    - APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    - MCC: 272
    - MNC: 11
    - APN Type: default,supl,mms
    - MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    - MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    - MMS Port: 8080

Save, activate with the radio button and restart your phone...

Cheers,
    Eddie

Itried all those settings and a new sim card and stil only get an R beside the signal strength even with Roaming selected and no connection,looks like it could be the phone?it works fine on wifi tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

All of you should submit complaints to Vodafone.

It has happened to me in the past too, very annoying.

It's misleading and pretty much false advertising too.

Started a thread in the Talk to Vodafone forum:

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057463459

Feel free to vent :D. Won't hasten the arrival of anyone's phone but might make Vodafone at least offer an apology :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

Kramer wrote: »
    Started a thread in the Talk to Vodafone forum:

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057463459

Feel free to vent :D. Won't hasten the arrival of anyone's phone but might make Vodafone at least offer an apology :rolleyes:.

Dear Vodafone. Myself and a load of lads are in the process of buying your phone (thanks for subsidising) so we can use on another network(as per the posts on the linked forum). Anyways can you sort out the delivery. :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Dear Vodafone. Myself and a load of lads are in the process of buying your phone (thanks for subsidising) so we can use on another network(as per the posts on the linked forum). Anyways can you sort out the delivery.

I won't lie, that's pretty much the extent of it...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

i like the tough wearing covers on ebay , there not available for a few weeks though

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Dear Vodafone. Myself and a load of lads are in the process of buying your phone (thanks for subsidising) so we can use on another network(as per the posts on the linked forum). Anyways can you sort out the delivery. :rolleyes:.

It's not Vodafone's business what we do with the phone once we buy it from them. They should be sticking to their delivery times either way. What we plan to do with the phone after handing over the cash is irrelevant.

Nowso wrote: »
    i like the tough wearing covers on ebay , there not available for a few weeks though

I bought the same ones for my Moto E and they are ****e. Don't bother with them. The buttons on the case are not very well laid out and are very hard to press in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Looking for a new phone, any reviews on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Bought the 24 euro case today. Its not the prettiest thing in the world but screw it I need the protection. Having all that exposed glass in my pocket just felt too dangerous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Bought the 24 euro case today. Its not the prettiest thing in the world but screw it I need the protection. Having all that exposed glass in my pocket just felt too dangerous!!

Wow, you're one paranoid dude, €24 for a case!
    Hope it's not a big fugly looking yoke that "cheapens" the look of the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I picked up this phone in a Vodafone store this evening. The sales guy asked me if I wanted a case or an SD card. He said they had 32GB SD cards on special for €20. I declined on both counts as I never use cases with phones and if I want an SD card I'll grab one for cheaper than their special. But he was in no way pushy and he didn't even get me to buy a top-up (which has happened to me before when I bought other pay as you go phones). I even had to ask him to give me a nano sim as I probably will use the Voda sim for data while I wait for 48 months to send me out a new nano sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

Nowso wrote: »

Yeah, there will be other covers available sooner that that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

my dispatch date was tyoday. i presume they dont deliver on weekends? courier or an post?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

rizzee wrote: »
    Yeah, there will be other covers available sooner that that too.

what other ones are to come

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

bigpink wrote:
    In stock in Limerick?Better than moto g?

No comparison... Even with the newest 5inch model, I had it 3 weeks & hated it, sold it to buy this & still happy!

plonker wrote:
    Itried all those settings and a new sim card and stil only get an R beside the signal strength even with Roaming selected and no connection,looks like it could be the phone?it works fine on wifi tho

Not being funny but are you sure it isn't working and do you have the roaming data button ticked?

Same was happening to me (48 months), I presumed it wasn't working as I wasn't getting a symbol in the status bar, just the Fone signal with an R over it... But I thought I'd give it a shot & turned the WiFi off & it actually was working (packet data) with no notification... I couldn't even know if I was on Edge, 3G or what..

Looked through all the settings but couldn't find any way to get it going... In the end I downloaded an app called Fone Signal Notifier which tells me everything I could ever wish to know about the Fone & data signal.. on the status bar too just left side rather than right!

Just a thought!

Out of interest, does everyone else have the data notification (E, G, 3G, H+, 4G) beside the Fone signal triangle on their fines I wonder or is it just a glitch on my Fone?!

bajer101 wrote:
    I picked up this phone in a Vodafone store this evening. The sales guy asked me if I wanted a case or an SD card. He said they had 32GB SD cards on special for €20. I declined on both counts as I never use cases with phones and if I want an SD card I'll grab one for cheaper than their special. But he was in no way pushy and he didn't even get me to buy a top-up (which has happened to me before when I bought other pay as you go phones). I even had to ask him to give me a nano sim as I probably will use the Voda sim for data while I wait for 48 months to send me out a new nano sim.

Just cut one down yourself... That's what I did & it works perfectly... I ordered a nano from 48 on Monday & I'm still waiting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

unreg999 wrote: »
    Just cut one down yourself... That's what I did & it works perfectly... I ordered a nano from 48 on Monday & I'm still waiting...

I was thinking of doing that but if it went títs up my number would be dead until I got the new sim. I can wait the few days for the proper nano sim. I'll stick the Voda sim in it and put 500MB of data on it for a fiver and carry both phones for the couple of days.

Advertisement