Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Just bought an actual cover for the Ultra not the ZTE so a definite fit, this lad has them for sale in bulk on AliExpress but I mailed him and he's selling them separate. €4.60 for a silicon fitted cover, with a choice of colours. Not bad at all.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Nokia-Asha-515-S-Type-Soft-Case-S-Line-Soft-TPU-Gel-Skin-Case-For/1378798282.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Did you try in a store or just online?

Which stores were out of stock?

Sold out online and all the stores in Dublin haven't checked the stores outside Dublin.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I think I'm going to have to jump on this bandwagon soon lads. My S4 is done i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

None to be had anywhere it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Ya hoping they get new stock in soon. You would imagine Vodafone would be keen too. Anyone get any indication when they are expecting them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 cisco92

Hope this is back in stock soon - great BA

The tech spec for the price is great.

My only concern is size - 6 inch x 3 inch

Anyone that has one - is it like one of them phablets or is the size grand ???

( currently have moto g from a previous BA - ( size = 5.11 x 2.59 inch )

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cisco92

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Ya hoping they get new stock in soon. You would imagine Vodafone would be keen too. Anyone get any indication when they are expecting them?

No - but you can go to the phone on vodafone.ie and put in your phone number and they'll notifiy when in stock !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Pepp1989 wrote: »

Been told they were expecting some today, delivery days are tuesdays and fridays :D got mine last week just waiting for the cover to come instore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-smart-6-ultra-payg/sku86605-grey

Its still available on vodafone.co.uk. Maybe could parcel motel it over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

Followed the directions in op, cant remove bootlogo or rename it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭christyden

Liquidus wrote: »
    Followed the directions in op, cant remove bootlogo or rename it.

I couldn't do it either, but then I realised I very rarely turn my phone completely off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Stuck in 64gb card it's working perfect. Got a set of Bluetooth earphones too. All kitted out for now except the covers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Been told they were expecting some today, delivery days are tuesdays and fridays :D got mine last week just waiting for the cover to come instore

Is that in all Vodafone stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Was told 3 different things in different stores, first they were definitely going to be in early last week....

To be honest the staff generally haven't got a clue.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Anyone noticed their ultra to be abit laggy when browsing or watching YouTube videos?
    It was also abit on the laggy side using google maps navigation earlier in the car. I think maybe with all the apps I installed and uninstalled lately I need to wipe the cache partition in recovery or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cuculainn

If you were looking for a smaller screen to the ultra would the prime be a decent alternative at 89 euro?

http://www.vodafone.ie/dynamic-eshop#product/prepay/vodafone-smart-prime-6-pay-as-you-go

Edit: well after a quick google of this phone I think this question does not require an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭plonker

anyone on tesco having any probs getting 3g, I downloaded the settings for the ZTE blade 6 but beside the signal strength there's an "R"..I cut the sim down from micro to nano and the phone and texts are sound,the "Data Roaming checkbox"enabled or disabled checkbox is on all the time either way,might order a nano from Tesco and see if that changes anything???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

cuculainn wrote: »
    If you were looking for a smaller screen to the ultra would the prime be a decent alternative at 89 euro?

http://www.vodafone.ie/dynamic-eshop#product/prepay/vodafone-smart-prime-6-pay-as-you-go

Edit: well after a quick google of this phone I think this question does not require an answer

Prime 6 is also an excellent phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

plonker wrote: »
    anyone on tesco having any probs getting 3g, I downloaded the settings for the ZTE blade 6 but beside the signal strength there's an "R"..I cut the sim down from micro to nano and the phone and texts are sound,the "Data Roaming checkbox"enabled or disabled checkbox is on all the time either way,might order a nano from Tesco and see if that changes anything???
    that's normal for tesco/48 as they roam on 3s network.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

rizzee wrote: »
    Just bought an actual cover for the Ultra not the ZTE so a definite fit, this lad has them for sale in bulk on AliExpress but I mailed him and he's selling them separate. €4.60 for a silicon fitted cover, with a choice of colours. Not bad at all.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Nokia-Asha-515-S-Type-Soft-Case-S-Line-Soft-TPU-Gel-Skin-Case-For/1378798282.html

Could give me his email address? I cant find a contact seller button or point me in the right direction.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Anyone noticed their ultra to be abit laggy when browsing or watching YouTube videos?
    It was also abit on the laggy side using google maps navigation earlier in the car. I think maybe with all the apps I installed and uninstalled lately I need to wipe the cache partition in recovery or something.

Yes, mine seems to be laggy when using chrome, gets hot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Is that in all Vodafone stores?

Been in 4 different stores and was told the same thing in all so must be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭54and56

monster1 wrote: »

No problems here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I got this on Saturday and was using 3G on Saturday no problem. Then I switched to wifi and had disabled mobile data until today. I've tried messing with all the settings trying to get data to work but still to no avail. Anyone experienced anything similar and able to advise me on how to resolve this?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Techmaster wrote: »
    Prime 6 is also an excellent phone.

Oh, most of the reviews I saw online was that it wasn't great.

sluggish, poor camera and screen?

size wise and price wise if it was decent I would prefer it to the ultra

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

plonker wrote:

I'm the same, got a proper nano sim from Tesco too. Must call them. You can get the settings sent to the phone from support on their site but they only have the zte blade s6 not the plus. I tried it anyway no luck.

monster1 wrote: »

The top half can get hot on charging and heavy use. I think the lagging is an optimization thing. Vodafone hopfully will push an update to improve performance here and there and a few other things soon. Or is it ZTE doing the updates one wonders. I'd be interested to know the source of the firmware for these devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Will we still get the updates to this devices software if unlocked and on different network

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Will we still get the updates to this devices software if unlocked and on different network

Yes we should

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

cuculainn wrote: »
    Oh, most of the reviews I saw online was that it wasn't great.

sluggish, poor camera and screen?

size wise and price wise if it was decent I would prefer it to the ultra

Lollipop is a much better experience on a phone with 2gb.

Advertisement