Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

monster1 wrote:
    No, I used a crap scissors so its not too difficult. If you are worried you can search for a template of the nano sim. Search YouTube micro sim to nano sim.

Yeah.. I kinda held the Vodafone nano up to it & eye-balled it lol... Had to cut through metal too but it worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

The cases for the ultra 6 are in Vodafone stores now, book style case, its plastic and pretty sh!tty to be honest. €24.95....

Set up a new APN, call it what you want "Boards 48 APN" or whatever and insert ONLY the following exactly as it's typed excluding the " marks.

APN settings are:-

APN: "48months.liffeytelecom.com" MCC: "272" MNC: "11" Authentication type: "PAP" APN type: "default,supl"

It's a common problem.

It's the APN Type setting "default,supl" which difffers from what's on the 48 website and it's that change which makes it work.

Delete all other APN's that might be on the phone, reboot the phone and you should be sorted. These settings work perfectly for my son.

Thank you! Got it sorted actually... Turns out it was working but there wasn't any notification icon on the top right... So I downloaded an app which tells me everything I need to know (& more) on the left side lol

I ordered the 10 pack of covers... Broke the screen on the last new phone I get within a week so don't want to take any chances with this one, being extra careful till I get a cover & screen protector lol
    Hopefully get them soon, if anyone wants one give me a shout & I'll send you one for a few quid... Will probably keep the black & purple for myself though! :)

PS mods sorry if this not allowed... Not actually advertising or selling just thought it might help someone out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Sold out :( Would they have them in store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

unreg999 wrote: »
    I ordered the 10 pack of covers... Broke the screen on the last new phone I get within a week so don't want to take any chances with this one, being extra careful till I get a cover & screen protector lol
    Hopefully get them soon, if anyone wants one give me a shout & I'll send you one for a few quid... Will probably keep the black & purple for myself though! :)

PS mods sorry if this not allowed... Not actually advertising or selling just thought it might help someone out!

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

The cases for the ultra 6 are in Vodafone stores now, book style case, its plastic and pretty sh!tty to be honest. €24.95....

Flipcases are gick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

9bred4 wrote: »
    Sold out :( Would they have them in store?

Not in Tallaght anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cisco92

It actually came back up for sale online at about 3.15 pm - i have an email notification from Vodafone.

I suspect they had one or two cancelled orders that went back up for sale on the Vodafone website.

Gone again now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

My local retail store isn't expecting to get any in soon and said they've been trying all week. Annoying as my iPhone 4 is nearly unusable. To be fair it's ancient thou.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Don't really need one. But then again it'd be an upgrade. Tempting. Very tempting!

No stock working in my favour! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone figure out how to turn off the notification for data roaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭54and56

Thank you! Got it sorted actually... Turns out it was working but there wasn't any notification icon on the top right... So I downloaded an app which tells me everything I need to know (& more) on the left side lol

Whats the app you downloaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Could anyone that ordered today check the tracking on their phone through the email? I order at about 12.50 and my tracking says my order is cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 17,801 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

double GG wrote: »
    Could anyone that ordered today check the tracking on their phone through the email? I order at about 12.50 and my tracking says my order is cancelled

Mine still says being processed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

After recommending this phone and having it for nearly 2 weeks now I've noticed a few bugs here and there. They may all be down to rooting but I've no way of going back to complete stock so I can't be sure.

One is lag here and there and apps randomly closing. It doesn't happen all the time but every now and then.

Another glitch seems to be on alarm notifications in the drop down menu, it would not allow me dismiss one the other morning before it went off even though my finger was registering the press on screen.

The last and probably most annoying issue is twice now I've taken it out of my pocket and its been switched off. Possibly tap to wake is causing it so I'm going to disable that feature and see if it happens again.

In general its a great phone and the battery life is insanely good but it does seem to have a few glitches here and there. Anyone else had their phone switching off?

Have mine a week and a half and everything is fine bar the notification light, hopefully it'll be sorted with a software upgrade, it's being looked into by Vodafone... Mine is stock version.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Yeah, it says mine is being processed too...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Yeah, it says mine is being processed too...

It says canceled in the tracking but I asked on live chat and I was told it's not cancelled and I'd have it tomorrow... So I don't know what to think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

still processing on mine, bought at about 13.20 today

• Advertisement

Anyone a link to the tempered glass protectors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

I got an email from vodafone saying they were in stock again @12.16 today and i ordered it at 2.08...just checked the tracking there and it says...
    "Your order is due for dispatch".

Are you a vodafone customer..?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

I ordered at 12:40 today and my order currently says, "Your order is due for dispatch".

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bluebris

Ordered around 2pm today and mine also says
    "Your order is due for dispatch".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Have done some more research on the phone to see if it offers everything I'd need.

Here are 2 things it doesn't offer as far as I can see.

1. MHL
    2. ac wifi

For 1.
    MHL being the ability to play whatever is on the phone to the TV using a wired connection, which is more consistent and reliable than mircast/Chromecast etc
    I use this currently to play streaming onto my dumb tvs. I know there's always Chromecast but that doesn't suit all occasions and find that casting is fine for playing local video but not for playing streaming live programs e.g RTE Player ;)

For 2 it's not so important, and probably wouldn't even effect many people. However I have an ac router and am looking forward to upgrading my devices to that standard as I replace them over time. Might as well enjoy faster wireless when I can ;)

It's still a fantastic device nonetheless so don't let this put anyone off unless you already have these specific requirements :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Didn't root mine and no bugs so far touch wood still amazed by the price, it really is on par with €799 iPhone.

Anyway some of you are snipping your sims with scissors but if you go the phone shops (im on emobile so went there) they have a hand press for cutting the sims to size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Anyone find a case locally? My local Vodafone said they would be getting some in but given there are none online I'm not that hopeful.

The iphone 6 plus gel cases do fit but buttons are in the wrong place.

sweetie wrote: »
    Anyone based in Dublin city centre fancy going halves on the 10 case pack.

Did you get any yet? I'd chip in on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cisco92

It back online on the Vodafone website

Just bought one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,801 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Still no sign of mine being delivered, hopefully doesn't go until Monday.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement