Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Dunne - 2017 British Masters Champion!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

I hope he wins but I guess we won’t see him in Austria where they’ll have a shot clock

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

****in chronic slow, just took about 90 seconds to tap in a 12 inch putt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

It stands very badly when he’s in the last group. Will be close on 2 holes behind in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭Panrich

He's not played well today at all. Driving and pace on the greens well out.

Still well in it though. Big par save coming up here. A lot will depend on Rahm

• Advertisement

Great drive on 7

AGC wrote: »
    Great drive on 7

Murdered the chip which is a crime from where he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

He’s hardly hit a fairway all afternoon yet somehow he’s still tied 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Russman

I’m just hoping the officials have the balls to slap a penalty on him for slow play. Won’t hold my breath though.

He is hard work to watch in fairness. I want him to do well as an Irishman but it's like watching paint dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,166 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Think it's getting away from him now. Needed at least a -2 round today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Poor from Dunne today - he's 0 from 3 now in terms of turning 54 hole leads into tournament victories, which suggests he still has a way to go in terms of the mental side of things.

On the up side, he'll get a decent cheque and a rankings boost all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Russman

Poor from Dunne today - he's 0 from 3 now in terms of turning 54 hole leads into tournament victories, which suggests he still has a way to go in terms of the mental side of things.

On the up side, he'll get a decent cheque and a rankings boost all the same.

Don’t think anyone gets a decent cheque this week :-)
    Rahm is probably getting more to tee it up than for 1st place.

I’m convinced Dunne needs to speed up his play though to improve himself. I’d imagine after today someone from the tour will be having a word in his ear. He’s a fu€king disgrace as it is imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

[quote
    I’m convinced Dunne needs to speed up his play though to improve himself. I’d imagine after today someone from the tour will be having a word in his ear. He’s a fu€king disgrace as it is imho.[/quote]

Have to agree. He's painful to watch. Takes so much time. Pity because he looks like he could be a super player

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

If you think he’s slow watching him on the Telly, which he is, he even worse watching him live. On TV the editor only shows the shot been played not the whole drawn out routine, when possible. He 2 holes behind now and entirely down to him, Rob Lee is right when says sooner or later he’s gonna have to speed up, I won’t be surprised if a fellow player complains to the tour officials about him sometime in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Awful awful putt on the last.

Nice finish and cheque.

Posters are right, either someone from tour will have to have a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Awful awful putt on the last.

Followed by a great putt. Second on his own but such a slow golfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭plumber77

I'm sure he's well aware he needs to speed things up; but he's also right not to rush into any dramatic routine changes. Something he may need to address in the off season, not during the next few months which hold all the major competitions and Ryder cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

what was the prize money for coming second today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Think 180k

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

€166,660. The birdie on the last was worth €36,380, the difference between sole 2nd and joint 2nd with Nacho.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

If he ever ends up in the second, third or fourth last groups in a big tournament they’ll surely be uproar from someone behind waiting for ages to play a shot. As we all know how annoying it’s is to be standing on the fairway/rough waiting to on the SAME gob****e to hit the ball and I doubt tour professionals are any different.

Will be up to world number 68

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Has he finished yet lads? :pac:

A good run of events recently for Paul. His driving accuracy has been a problem for a while now and hopefully this is something he can improve on.

On the issue of slow play the only way to make him or any player play at a reasonable speed is to start giving out penalties. Until then nothing will happen.

When you start penalising someones score then change will happen. It has to be consistent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

AGC wrote: »
    Will be up to world number 68

+1 And he is.

Next target is to get into the top 60 to get an exemption for the US Open. Can do this by May 21st or June 11th. Otherwise he's looking at qualifying at Walton Heath on June 4th.

Lowry and himself are exempt for the British Open through their top 30 finishes in the 2017 Road to Dubai.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,108 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Putting was poor yesterday, he needed birdies to catch Rahm and left a number of putts short towards the end.
    I know the greens were significantly slower yesterday, but still, short when chasing is criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 diegocosta99

I'd argue that Molinari playing the last 2 holes in 3 under and being beaten by the world number 4 on his home course is not evidence of Dunne's mental fragility. Including being the first amateur since 1927 to lead The Open after 3 rounds in your stat seems ridiculous.

I think we've established by now that he is slow. He is also a fantastic prospect for Irish professional golf, which is much needed given our incredibly poor representation on the major tours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

He is also a fantastic prospect for Irish professional golf, which is much needed given our incredibly poor representation on the major tours.

Would have thought that we punch well above our weight in the golfing world?

Advertisement