Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Dunne - 2017 British Masters Champion!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Panrich

Disastrous start for Paul Dunne in the second round of the Trophee Hassan II in Morocco. He played his first 3 holes today in bogey, bogey and double bogey to fall to +5 (4 over today) to sit currently in a tie for 126th at the moment.

Off to a very slow start........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Ace on 17! Back to level for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Claregaafan18

HOLE IN ONE ALERT. Paul Dunne makes an ace at the par 3 17th (his eighth hole of the day) to move back to one over for the tournament. Congrats to the Greystones man!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 diegocosta99

New car for Darren!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Still took him 60 seconds to take the ball out of the hole 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

3 over through 3 on his back 9 now as well! Interesting day!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Well in the mix this weekend again. Hopefully it'll help the owgr ranking, although doubt it too much

Someone who understands how the rankings work has told me that Dunners is about to come into a run where points previously won will count, or something. So I'd say a top 3 finish could see him qualify for the US Open by the cut-off date (top 60 qualify).

He has been chipping poorly recently - most unlike him. He seems very square when addressing the ball for short chips. Just when his driving has improved too. Funny ole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Someone who understands how the rankings work has told me that Dunners is about to come into a run where points previously won will count, or something. So I'd say a top 3 finish could see him qualify for the US Open by the cut-off date (top 60 qualify).

He has been chipping poorly recently - most unlike him. He seems very square when addressing the ball for short chips. Just when his driving has improved too. Funny ole game.

Maybe points previous won are about to drop. Poor points. This bringing up his average

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Nice final round 68 for Paul to secure a top 10 finish. Just didn’t get the early birdies needed to contend. A flawless weekend on the scorecard was much needed coming after a fairly erratic performance in Morocco and at the start of this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Nice final round 68 for Paul to secure a top 10 finish. Just didn’t get the early birdies needed to contend. A flawless weekend on the scorecard was much needed coming after a fairly erratic performance in Morocco and at the start of this week.

That Moroccan course is notorious. Wouldn't worry about last week. Butch Harmon was King Hassans coach. He would do anything for money

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Good result but he was the 4th highest ranked player in the tournament so would expect a high finish, €63k - nice

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Seve OB wrote: »
    Maybe points previous won are about to drop. Poor points. This bringing up his average

He has a few mc dropping off next so should help him

Up 4 places to 65th in the latest rankings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Dunne an Moynihan played solid golf today and are into the quarter finals of the super 6 event.

It's a mixed bag event so far but has some really good ideas. Dunne under a quicktime shot clock was interesting to see :)

woodyg wrote: »
    Dunne an Moynihan played solid golf today and are into the quarter finals of the super 6 event.

It's a mixed bag event so far but has some really good ideas. Dunne under a quicktime shot clock was interesting to see :)

Played more than solid today and won the event!
    It's a peculiar event but has potential to be a regular feature.
    Big boost for Gavin Moynihan and a nice pay day for Dunne as well.
    Two lads played well together.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Played more than solid today and won the event!
    It's a peculiar event but has potential to be a regular feature.
    Big boost for Gavin Moynihan and a nice pay day for Dunne as well.
    Two lads played well together.

How much do they get?

Seve OB wrote: »
    How much do they get?

100k each
    Has to be Moynihans biggest pay day?
    Obviously not Dunnes but still not bad for 2 days play.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Spider Rico

100k each

I assume this doesn't count towards R2D or world ranking points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Have seen loads of people ask the question on twitter with no answer!

Be surprised if it counts to world rankings.

Zurich event in America counted towards fedex so no reason this doesn’t count towards race to Dubai which would be huge for Moynihan

• Advertisement

AGC wrote: »

Have seen loads of people ask the question on twitter with no answer!

Be surprised if it counts to world rankings.

Zurich event in America counted towards fedex so no reason this doesn’t count towards race to Dubai which would be huge for Moynihan

They beat England Ladies in the quarters. Don’t think it’ll count towards anything but it’s a nice pay day.

Can’t see this tournament having a future in its current incarnation.

100k each

Moynihan got a big pay day at Irish Open last year. Possible 100k +

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Surely couldn't lead to points. Was elements if foursommes in it so getting points wouldn't make sense. Nice paycheck, fun tournament...now back to the serious stuff for them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

He really has been raking in nice sums this past few months, good stuff

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Playing quickly suited him

• Registered Users Posts: 25,334 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

No OWGR points which means Dunne has dropped to 68 (from 65) thanks to players (Grillo, Schwartzel & Howell) who did well in the Wells Fargo overtaking him.

Is not eligible for the Players so will probably drop a few more slots by next Monday. Next cutoff to get a US Open exemption is to be in the top 60 by Monday May 21st, very unlikely to manage this from the European Tour without a win.

Realistically, his best chance of getting an exemption for the US Open is to do well in the BMW PGA or the Italian Open and make the top 60 by the final cutoff point which is Monday June 11th.

Hopefully the next tournament, on courses he has done well on, will kick-start a good end of the season for Paul. Sky will be piling the pressure on when he defends the British Masters so it would be nice if he can return to form.

Much better from Paul today. 2 birdies and 16 pars. Really solid and he'll be pleased to get around without any dropped shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Great first round from the Stunner Dunner today

• Advertisement

Great group tomorrow for him with Harrington and Rose

Advertisement