Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

It's an interesting debate
    All friendly just to be clear

I just dont agree but I do admit I'm an FF7 fanboy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Repeat battles through areas from point a to point b can be classified as a grind

Routine battles that are repetitive in nature

Ff7 train yard is literally move trains in a row, very similar to flipping a switch all while getting caught in random battles

I'm not seeing how this is any more Sophisticated

There are not many games that have the concept of enemies that you battle / beat up / shoot at, where you don't engage the same enemy types repeatedly getting from point A to point B. I'm trying to think of any game where every battle is unique and Shadow of the Colossus is the only one I can think of.

Grinding is not the same as facing the same enemies repeatedly in the normal course of play. Grinding is needing to halt progress and continually do some task in order to level up. It's needed for the high level optional bosses in most FF games, but I don't think I've ever needed to grind to just play through the main game in any Final Fantasy (from 7 onwards at least, haven't finished the older ones because they didn't grab my attention enough)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Anyone order from Amazon?

My order was just dispatched but the estimated delivery date is now down as Apr 20th.

It also says it's bring delivered by royal mail which is odd. I guess only until it's handed over to An Post or something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've beaten Matador retro, you do need to grind a bit to beat bosses like Lucifer if you go that far with things. The trap they pull on you in that game is they give you Dante (from the Devil May Cry series) and he's actually kind of crap and you can't fully remove him from your rotation. So if you invest in that guy you've already screwed yourself

Off topic but I didn't need to grind at all. Had been through a few smt games at that point so realised how powerful stat buffs and debuffs were especially agility. I just built a demon team around agility and didn't find him tough at all. Once he gets to a point of whiffing attacks he is dead.

Actually didn't find Nocturne crazy hard. Found it got easier as the game went on. Few tough battles but nothing as bad as Matador. Didn't do any grinding. However because of my knowledge of smt I stumbled my way into a very optimal build based on physical attacks. I also got rid of Dante when he started to go below the power curve of my other demons. Didn't have an issue using him.

Nocturne is a strange one though. It's an update of the original game and much harder and meant for expert players. There was no true demon path or the tougher bosses like Matador and mother harlot in the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's an interesting debate
    All friendly just to be clear

I just dont agree but I do admit I'm an FF7 fanboy :)

At least we can ALL agree that FF VII is the greatest rpg of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

went and bought the digital version of psn, all pre loaded now as well :) come on friday, i want all the nostalgia

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Don't take the bait... Don't take the bait...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Definitely better than those Shin oragami wotsit games :pac: #overrated

Retr0gamer wrote: »

It's not even the best jrpg :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I'm more of Legend of Dragoon fan myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Well maybe not the best RPG of all time. But certainly better than most other games, like Ace Combat 7 for example.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Well maybe not the best RPG of all time. But certainly better than most other games, like Ace Combat 7 for example.

Ah that's just a low blow...

It's not even the best jrpg :)

Ace combat 7 is a flight sim tbf

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tuxy wrote: »
    I'm more of Legend of Dragoon fan myself.

Ahahaha was just gonna say that :D He's probably twitching with anger now :pac:

Wetting myself laughing yah feckers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The best RPG is the mobile classic Doom RPG. Still pull out the old Nokia to download it over WAP. You can really count those handful of pixels!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

how does day 1 patch fix the physical disc?

Or does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Does the Day 1 patch add in the last three quarters of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Barlett

The game is installed on your hard drive so it'll patch the files on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Barlett wrote: »
    The game is installed on your hard drive so it'll patch the files on the system.

Yeah, expect that to take a good hour due to the half assed way the PS4 handles updates.

You will need 93gb of free space to install the patch as the PS4 downloads the patch, copies the entire installation file, patches the file and then deletes the copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Yeah, expect that to take a good hour due to the half assed way the PS4 handles updates.

You will need 93gb of free space to install the patch as the PS4 downloads the patch, copies the entire installation file, patches the file and then deletes the copy.

Where do you go to get the patch?

I bought PS4 especially for this. I don't use it.

So I have to connect internet, does PS4 have WiFi?

Will they fix this themselves if I buy it in a month? New batch??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yes it has wifi and ethernet. If you connect the PS4 to the internet it will download as part of the install. I don't think they will update the new disks, expect several patches lime all new games.

The soundtrack is incredible

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

FFVII wrote: »
    Where do you go to get the patch?

I bought PS4 especially for this. I don't use it.

So I have to connect internet, does PS4 have WiFi?

Will they fix this themselves if I buy it in a month? New batch??

It will Download it automatically if you're connected via wifi.

Greatest response to a cat ever

"This sucks"

You will know when you do the quest

So what chapter are yis all on ? 25 hours left and I can play at last.

Greatest response to a cat ever

"This sucks"

You will know when you do the quest

I'm loving the stupid yakuza-esque side quests. Also being given the option off transporting straight to quest giver once you complete a quest is genius.

Without spoiling anything I'm on chapter 3. Loads of little neat side missions.

All the characters seem really fleshed out. Even the ones on side quests so far.

Loads of little touches like nearly every NPC you walk past has something to say and it's spoken verbally and not via text.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

emailed square support, apparently my game is still sitting in the warehouse :(

I'm not likely to get it for friday :(

• Advertisement

Still on 3, all sidequests in this chapter done (handy it shows you how many so you don't miss any), currently can't stop playing darts til I'm top of the leaderboard.

Advertisement