Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Well if he's already seen the first 45 minutes / 1 hour of the game anyway from the demo .... ;)

My copy from Gamestop arrived this morning. Looking forward to playing it this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Big decision to be made.... Which cover to leave facing out with the physical copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Big decision to be made.... Which cover to leave facing out with the physical copy.

I think I'm going to flip to the dark side tbh...

My cover looks a bit crap, like a bad quality print run or something, the other side looks immediately better...

(to me)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Fieldog wrote: »
    I think I'm going to flip to the dark side tbh...

My cover looks a bit crap, like a bad quality print run or something, the other side looks immediately better...

(to me)

I thought the exact same, the front looks really poorly printed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I thought the exact same, the front looks really poorly printed.

Same, it looks atrocious especially around the logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Took out the box to take a look and yer right, looks like a bootleg copy. They probably had to cheap out to get the game out early which is fine by me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So got my e-mail today from Gamestop it is been shipped. Surprised its this quick as I accidentally deleted the e-mail and only saw it last Tuesday/Wednesday after someone here told me look just incase. Just 1 question the tracking url is not working is there a way around this??

So got my e-mail today from Gamestop it is been shipped. Surprised its this quick as I accidentally deleted the e-mail and only saw it last Tuesday/Wednesday after someone here told me look just incase. Just 1 question the tracking url is not working is there a way around this??

Because it's not been received into the anpost warehouse yet I Imagine
    You get a tracking number the minute you post a parcel
    Give it a few hours I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭endainoz

https://amp.theguardian.com/games/2020/apr/08/final-fantasy-vii-remake-review-a-classic-game-reaches-new-heights

Good review from the guardian, no spoilers as such in it. I see near the end of the article they say the game will be in two parts? Any other sources for this or is the writer misinformed?

• Advertisement

Because it's not been received into the anpost warehouse yet I Imagine
    You get a tracking number the minute you post a parcel
    Give it a few hours I would say

Your right I say just been impatient

So not Part 1 is out how long do people think until Part 2 & 3

I think at least 3 parts, would be lucky to get part 2 in 22 but they said they are working more efficiently now, would be class to see it in 21.

PS5 can handle more game in the same file size (Sony claim) do they can make the next part bigger but then why not hold bits back to charge separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭endainoz

Lots of models and systems are done already so you'd imagine it'll be relatively quick to develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I reckon 3 parts. There's still so much of the story to tell and world to build. Would be amazed if they added the rest of the content in 1 go.

Will we be getting an open world akin to FF15 for the world map is the question as well.

18 months or so I reckon for the next part unless they rush it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

There's still a huge chunk to get into 2 more parts if they go for 3. I think it'll be 4 personally.

I can't even think of where they would break the parts up. After Midgar you have Kalm, Fort Condor, Junon, Corel, Gold Saucer, Gongaga, Cosmo Canyon, Rocket Town, Wutai etc etc.

Hard to say where to break it up for Part 2 tbh. Maybe after Temple of the Ancients?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sp00k

Haven't really kept up to date with news about this game, what's the story with the episodes/parts? If I buy this tomorrow, will I have free access to the rest of the parts when they come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

sp00k wrote: »
    Haven't really kept up to date with news about this game, what's the story with the episodes/parts? If I buy this tomorrow, will I have free access to the rest of the parts when they come out?

Nope. They will all be full priced games at 30+ hours each.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

sp00k wrote: »

We haven't heard of anything like that, for all intents and purposes, it appears each game will be an individual sale.

My status of my order has finally changed to shipped! Movement!

RedXIV wrote: »
    We haven't heard of anything like that, for all intents and purposes, it appears each game will be an individual sale.

My status of my order has finally changed to shipped! Movement!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sitting here listening to the menu deciding what difficulty to take, probably just go normal, to be fair, Jrpgs are not really my buzz nowadays but made an exception for this as I did enjoy the demo and adored the first game, I did love VIII also mind you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Finally got email from Square _with_ tracking ... it was posted 27th of March from Laposte.fr

Not updated since the 1st of April.

lordlame wrote: »
    Finally got email from Square _with_ tracking ... it was posted 27th of March from Laposte.fr

All over Reddit same thing for other Irish buyers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

All over Reddit same thing for other Irish buyers

Same thing as me, I was looking at another site to check the tracking for and got a little more detail

ff7-tracking.png

If you want to check yours, try here: https://www.parcelmonitor.com/track-it-online

I see some people in Asia purchased the game through the “whats hot” section on PSN.

A good few players ended up with the Korean / Mandarin version ... ****jng hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's not just this game. Shipping all over the world is seriously delayed right now. Sometimes stuff from the UK comes on time but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

1min 19sec to go!

Enjoy lads!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

happytramp wrote: »
    1min 19sec to go!

source.gif

It time

One hell of a long ass week waiting for this.

I knew it was early but was no expecting
    HIM
    so early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Ah lads. This is class.

Advertisement