Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

RedXIV wrote: »
    emailed square support, apparently my game is still sitting in the warehouse :(

I'm not likely to get it for friday :(

Aw load of Bollox man. You gonna get it digitally and sell the physical or wait it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

My PS Plus account is Indonesian, some deal I saw on hotukdeals to get it.cheap.

Checked the FF7 pre-order and it's 754,000 rupees, 43 euro. Gonna get it when my hard drive arrives :)

Top of the leaderboard with 6 darts thrown *proud Mrs. Doyle face*. Now back to the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

The most legendary game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Aw load of Bollox man. You gonna get it digitally and sell the physical or wait it out?

Honestly not sure. Thing is, I won't get the chance to sit down for a full day to it until Monday, have to work/be the parent from friday onwards. So if it arrived by Monday I'd probably be fine......

But on the other hand, I've spent feck all money this month, i was willing to buy the first class edition except I realised I'm not really into the statues so spending another 70 quid to buy it digitally is not the worst in the world....but I should probably decide soon to pre-load it :D

ARGH the decisions!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Come on postman.......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,927 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Digital Foundry did a video on the game from a technical level. Equal parts gorgeous and disappointing. They said the game can look incredible at times especially in the opening sections but there's major texture issues in later areas and texture pop in is really bad.

Some of those texture issues are so bad that it looks like textures loading incorrectly and possibly will be fixed in a patch.

Even more exciting however is John said he is finishing up a DF retro for next week on the original FFVII. Very interested in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I was shocked to see how badly that texture pop-in actually was. I'm hoping it's a bug but how could something that big get past QA?

Lineman's DF Retro will be great, I always love how he matches up old/new footage so you can compare/contrast it, his videos are always very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Tbh while I've enjoyed the game I'm largely disappointed by the graphics, as of chapter 13. There is one chapter in particular, train graveyard, where it looks a bit like Cloud got modded into Half Life 2 and the plate graphic is super skewed and blurry.

I suspect the game was rushed a bit, which might be due to the developer changeover with CyberConnect 2.

I heard the later parts of the game actually improve in visual quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 st_jimmy

Tbh while I've enjoyed the game I'm largely disappointed by the graphics, as of chapter 13. There is one chapter in particular, train graveyard, where it looks a bit like Cloud got modded into Half Life 2 and the plate graphic is super skewed and blurry.

I suspect the game was rushed a bit, which might be due to the developer changeover with CyberConnect 2.

I heard the later parts of the game actually improve in visual quality though.

This seems plausible. I have a feeling we will be getting a patch for this game (potentially a PS5 patch) before the second part comes out to fix the issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

IMG-20200409-100339-MP.jpg

Good postie....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Come on postman.......

Thank you mr postman!!

Smyths delivery just arrived.

Another doorbell ring.

Another package delivery for the wife.

I wonder if she's trying to torture me?

Fieldog wrote: »
    IMG-20200409-100339-MP.jpg

Good postie....

giphy.gif

Needed a gif :)

Another doorbell ring.

Another package delivery for the wife.

I wonder if she's trying to torture me?

Friday is the day lad
    Written in the stars

Friday is the day lad
    Written in the stars

Just checked and my address is one of the few areas that still gets post on good friday. It feels like a sign!

Just checked and my address is one of the few areas that still gets post on good friday. It feels like a sign!

Good Friday would become great Friday! Fingers crossed for ya man.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭blackwave

Roughly what time tomorrow will the day one patch arrive do people reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Postie just dropped mine in the letterbox (from Smyth's). Installing now but will have to wait until lunch to play it (stupid work).

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

Just came in the post from Gamestop

• Advertisement

Does the product code inside the box do anything?

Mine isn't registering, maybe it won't until tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 st_jimmy

The copy I ordered on Friday from Gamestop just arrived from An Post. Strangely the copy of Persona5R I ordered from Amazon on Monday arrived at the same time! It was supposed to arrive on the 17th! Happy days.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Does the product code inside the box do anything?

Mine isn't registering, maybe it won't until tomorrow...

There could be 2 codes, one for square enix website to become a member, load of bollox. The other is for the Pre-order bonus (chocobo summon). My code was on the shopto.net website but if it's a code in the box, it should be 12 digit code like xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and only for the ps store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

12 and half hour to go for us digital lads!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

blackwave wrote: »
    Roughly what time tomorrow will the day one patch arrive do people reckon?

If there is a day one patch it should be live this evening after the Australian release.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    There could be 2 codes, one for square enix website to become a member, load of bollox. The other is for the Pre-order bonus (chocobo summon). My code was on the shopto.net website but if it's a code in the box, it should be 12 digit code like xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and only for the ps store.

Nah just the crappy Squeenix one so, I didn't get the summon with Smyth's, and that's fine, I only ordered on Sunday so no need for greed!

I'm delighted to have got it so quickly as I wanted physical copy regardless...

Install is taking it's sweet time, can't wait for the new consoles to speed this stuff up... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭endainoz

So for the digital download lads, how many will be up most of the night when this comes out at midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

endainoz wrote: »
    So for the digital download lads, how many will be up most of the night when this comes out at midnight?

Probably not most of the night but I intend to put in a couple of hours anyway.

Thank feck my partner is understanding (although with the amount of animal crossing she's been playing she'd have a cheek to complain).

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

12 and half hour to go for us digital lads!

Debating whether I play this at midnight or wait until the next morning to play it with my son who really liked the demo.
    What should I do?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,927 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Morpork wrote: »
    Debating whether I play this at midnight or wait until the next morning to play it with my son who really liked the demo.
    What should I do?

Some things are far more important than family.

Advertisement