Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

@Zero-Cool

Did your An Post tracking updated to out for delivery or anything like that? Or did it just turn up...

Yupp, here's it's journey once it left UK.

Activity Date
    Your item was delivered
    CO LIMERICK 06-Apr-20
    10:45

Your item is out for delivery
    CO LIMERICK 06-Apr-20
    08:33

Your item was assigned a delivery route LIMERICK D.S.U.
    CO LIMERICK 06-Apr-20
    00:52

We are processing your item in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB
    DUBLIN 12 05-Apr-20
    15:28

Your item was accepted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB
    DUBLIN 12 05-Apr-20
    15:05

Your item was received by An Post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB
    DUBLIN 12 05-Apr-20
    14:28

• Registered Users Posts: 7,527 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm 8 hours in. Although I am enjoying it I do find the reactor 5 stuff is excessively padded.

I'm also disappointed in some of the visuals. Main characters look amazing and the combat looks great. But sector 7 looks weirdly last gen and uses a static backdrop image for the upper plate which I find a bit offputting. Reminds me of the Halo ring a little bit but in this fidelity it sticks out how the background is lower res than everything else and doesn't look right when you move the camera. Reminds me a little of how the backgrounds move in Duke Nukem 3D. It's not as bad as that but it's definitely not very good looking imo.

There are things I think that are incredible about the game, like that Airbuster fight. I want to grab a recording of it when I figure it out. But assets are sadly very inconsistent and don't always give the impression that this is a AAA game. Especially next to the likes of what we've seen from God of War, Gears 5, RDR2 and so on.

Yeah, some poor texturing here and there. There is a bit early on with a guy looking at a high res poster, when the cutscene ends its a low res PS2 like blur. Also the
    door on the apartment looks much lower quality than the rest of the room

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Yeah, some poor texturing here and there. There is a bit early on with a guy looking at a high res poster, when the cutscene ends its a low res PS2 like blur. Also the
    door on the apartment looks much lower quality than the rest of the room

Noticed that too especially the door on the room but I've read there's a day 1 patch ( out Friday I guess ) that will fix an issue with textures not loading correctly. Happening with some NPCs for me and certain posters / objects not loading their hi-res textures properly... or not loading them quick enough

Ok just about to check post box.....

Brb

Brb

well-were-waiting-gif-1.gif

• Advertisement

Brb

moFFODi.jpg

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I feel remarkably mature and adult by saying I'm delighted for you as I sit here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the arrival of my own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Mine says it was assigned a delivery route with AP but still hasn’t arrived yet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

2elbx4.jpg

This is horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Finally arrived!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Anyone ordered from GameStop haven't heard anything back since I ordered on Friday

mate of mine received his gamestop order yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Super jelly right now. My most anticipated game in years and no PS4 to play it.

How long is this PS4 exclusive for?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

Anyone ordered from GameStop haven't heard anything back since I ordered on Friday

Mine hasn’t even shipped yet and I ordered on Wednesday

They did process my payment on my card today tho

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

BloodBath wrote: »
    How long is this PS4 exclusive for?

A year apparently, was mentioned by someone else earlier in thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

F1ngers wrote: »
    A year apparently, was mentioned by someone else earlier in thread.

I can't wait a year. I'll just tip down to xtra vision and rent a console and the game. Oh wait it's not 1997 anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lan Di

Ordered from Smyths on the 27th of March, dispatched Saturday and in the postbox today! :D

Did anyone get it from square directly yet? Never again ordering from the publisher since everyone else seems to have gotten their's already :(

RedXIV wrote: »
    Did anyone get it from square directly yet? Never again ordering from the publisher since everyone else seems to have gotten their's already :(

I honestly thought you'd be first to get it.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I honestly thought you'd be first to get it.

Ordering it untracked was a mistake. half their website says it's not yet shipped and the other half says it is. I'd be fine if it just told me "You're getting it Friday", but it's the not knowing that's killing me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

any online store with physical stock at the moment, i thought id be okay with buying digital but i feel like i owe it to buy this physical now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So waiting to see if the physical copy I bought in Gamestop will come by Friday (bought the 1 up from the standard) IF I don't have it by then I will go digital with the standard

• Registered Users Posts: 45 st_jimmy

Ordered just before 2pm on Friday so may have missed that shipment. I am assuming there will be a status update tomorrow as it will be the third working day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

They seem to have lost my pre-order after they closed my local store. No tracking order, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

st_jimmy wrote: »
    Ordered just before 2pm on Friday so may have missed that shipment. I am assuming there will be a status update tomorrow as it will be the third working day.

Ya ordered exact same time too, hope we have it for Friday!

Ya ordered exact same time too, hope we have it for Friday!

I ordered mine months ago but is was in a shop. Heard they might try to ship them out but have heard nothing else

I ordered mine months ago but is was in a shop. Heard they might try to ship them out but have heard nothing else

nah, its separate from online unfortunately. you can't even carry your deposit over to an online order and have to wait till the shops reopen to apply for your refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

They should have sent you a mail to reorder to deliver. Mine was in a spam folder, reordered last week, was delivered Saturday. Anything you've paid against the collection from store can be redeemed when (if) they reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Do ye think any of the supermarkets might get it in like Tesco’s?

• Advertisement

bugs wrote: »
    They should have sent you a mail to reorder to deliver. Mine was in a spam folder, reordered last week, was delivered Saturday. Anything you've paid against the collection from store can be redeemed when (if) they reopen.

Yep got it. Was in my Trash for some reason must have clicked it when deleting some junk that got in my inbox. Ordered now Do not think I will get until next week or later

Advertisement