Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭123kid2014

Messages on public jobs lads over aptitude. It's online .

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lonfire1

TallGlass wrote: »
    I would slow your pace down there Firerunner, if you have any experience with the Public Appointment Service (PAS) you'll understand fully, how slow the wheels of there operation moves.

Operation is moving ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

any word on the numbers in the competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

20 confirmed on DCC internal competition. Just seen results this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

lonfire1 wrote: »
    Operation is moving ðŸ˜

Let's see. Hopefully not much waiting around from now ! Alot of tests for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

123kid2014 wrote: »
    Messages on public jobs lads over aptitude. It's online .

From what i am hearing the supervised verification tests in pas office are early January!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dmc36

anybody got the link for the questionnaire & amplitude tests yet??

We should have got it by now surely

dmc36 wrote: »
    anybody got the link for the questionnaire & amplitude tests yet??

We should have got it by now surely

If you read the familiarisation meterial it says we will receive the link by 3pm today. sit tight and let it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dmc36

yep my bad read back over it just after i sent the original comment

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Horusire

Just got the email there now

• Advertisement

Did mine earlier, very very doable. I can see some of the suitability questionnaire part b scenario questions catching some people out where they have no previous knowledge of the ES but nothing bit of head scratching cant figure out! The maths is very straight forward but the applied numeracy will test a rang of maths skills that most may find tricky.

best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Just finished the tests and dont know what to think!! Done the applied numercy last and the think has me stressed out. Sums were doable but tought with time limit!

Anyway nothing I can do about it now will just have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Just heard you need to have a BMI between 23-25. Mine is currently sitting at 26. This is due to working out for several years and not down to just bodyfat. Will this automatically exclude me when it comes to when they check weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Blacktie. wrote:
    Just heard you need to have a BMI between 23-25. Mine is currently sitting at 26. This is due to working out for several years and not down to just bodyfat. Will this automatically exclude me when it comes to when they check weight?

It had in brackets aftet that bmi may be higher if you work out or something along those so as long as you look fit and no beer belly hanging over your suit pants in interview i'd say u'll be grand

There is a fairly though process ahead until you have to worry about an interview.... Didn't even know your bmi came into it!

Aptitude done. Not confident with the numeracy . Was more difficult than I thought. Time restrictions are a bummer .

Anyone know the number of people that applied ... also wondering how many they will cut to the next stage?

Anyone know the number of people that applied ... also wondering how many they will cut to the next stage?

I heard 8000

123kid2014 wrote: »
    I heard 8000
    Big numbers..they will probably cut it down to 1-2 thousand for the next stage so.

Thanks for the reply!

Big numbers..they will probably cut it down to 1-2 thousand for the next stage so.

Thanks for the reply!

If 8000 applied and say they take the top 10% that's only 800 to go through to next round. That's a huge cut. 7200 gone just like that .

• Advertisement

If they were taking on 100 roughly , then another 50-100 on a panel..that's 200... Then interviews medicals and suitability tests Ect .....
    It's hard know how many to know how many they will cut in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

For these tests, does anybody know the marking scheme for them? Do u have to reach a standard for each set of tests or is there an average score taken?

thestar wrote: »
    For these tests, does anybody know the marking scheme for them? Do u have to reach a standard for each set of tests or is there an average score taken?

The top 5-10% will go through to next round.

They combine all scores in the aptitude together as your final score.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

they were similar to the garda aptitude tests, there was a minimum required score to pass each test with those and then the total marks were added up to give you a band place, band A then taken through to next stage and B ect further down the line.

From talking to friends it also appears there were a couple of variants of the test which is good and helps negate anyone trying to cheat.

Was everyone given the slot of Thursday 26th to Wednesday the 2nd or are there other slots

Test done and dusted.....hopefully done enough!

megabantz wrote: »
    the official figure from PAS is just over 7100 or there abouts. They wont cut it down to 800 just yet, think about it! they will want to interview 800 for a 200 person panel so the numbers will need to be higher to account for the rounds before the inteview stage. Also don't forget there WILL be a verification stage after xmas then the visit to the OBI to test your fitness and suitability in different situations (heights, dark crawl spaces etc). I would say they will chop it down to around 1500 or so at this stage

Your not too far off I'd say....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Does anybody have a link to the information booklet for Firefighter role?
    I can't find it anywhere on Publicjobs.ie

D Trent wrote: »
    Does anybody have a link to the information booklet for Firefighter role?
    I can't find it anywhere on Publicjobs.ie

Did u go I to your profile? If not ..do that and check your messages.. should be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Did u go I to your profile? If not ..do that and check your messages.. should be there.

No it's not in any messages or emails from pas.
    Just so we're clear it's not the test familiarisation I want, it's the Information Booklet that was available when people first applied

• Advertisement

D Trent wrote: »
    No it's not in any messages or emails from pas.
    Just so we're clear it's not the test familiarisation I want, it's the Information Booklet that was available when people first applied

With the competition closed it probably can't be opened....maybe Hr would e mail it to you!

Advertisement