Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

Found the exam very tough:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Found the exam very tough:-(

Yup same here, some exam. Much harder than the Garda exam, not even anywhere on par. If you didn't cheat and come in the top 50, all I can say is well done!

Even the scenarios at the start where a bit out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭123kid2014

TallGlass wrote: »
    Yup same here, some exam. Much harder than the Garda exam, not even anywhere on par. If you didn't cheat and come in the top 50, all I can say is well done!

Would be hard to cheat at that exam. A lot of variety. I'm glad coz if I get through I know I deserved it.

Was tough. The fire brigade aptitude tests seem to get harder every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

with the wide variety of applicants I would say there are people who walked through that and people who suffered a painful reality, that's aptitudes for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dub2165

megabantz wrote: »
    with the wide variety of applicants I would say there are people who walked through that and people who suffered a painful reality, that's aptitudes for you!

Just new to this .when do u think we will get results back

• Advertisement

Dub2165 wrote: »
    Just new to this .when do u think we will get results back

It said middle -end December so hopefully it's correct

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dub2165

Cool thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Retained Firefighter for Skerries/Balbriggan advertised on Thursday of this week.

Retained Firefighter for Skerries/Balbriggan advertised on Thursday of this week.

Don't mean to belittle anyone but that seems a bit iffy, regards holding another job and then just having to shoot off in emergencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SAFO

Some of the most experienced firefighters in the country are retained. If you are lucky enough to live beside a retained station you could have the best of both worlds e.g stay in your own jobs and still be a firefighter.
    Only downside is that it must be extremely hard work holding down two jobs and all that entails. Those lads do a great job to be fair to them. They are on call 24/7/365. If I lived in Balbriggan or Skerries I would apply for it no question. Any word on the results of the test?

• Advertisement

SAFO wrote: »
    Some of the most experienced firefighters in the country are retained. If you are lucky enough to live beside a retained station you could have the best of both worlds e.g stay in your own jobs and still be a firefighter.
    Only downside is that it must be extremely hard work holding down two jobs and all that entails. Those lads do a great job to be fair to them. They are on call 24/7/365. If I lived in Balbriggan or Skerries I would apply for it no question. Any word on the results of the test?

Nothing yet SAFO! Left in the dark! reminds me of the airport process ha :D Speaking of which (not to change the subject but just while im on it) any word on the airport taking on some from the panel in 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lonfire1

SAFO wrote: »

Well said SAFO....

Hope we find out this week. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dmc36

I've a BMI of 31, I could stand to loose a few kilos like anybody else i'm but i'm clearly not obese and enjoy working out quite regularly, weights, swimming, jogging etc. Should I be starving myself at this point or will they take that "muscle factor into account? Looking forward to hearing back about the results of the aptitude tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lonfire1

dmc36 wrote: »
    I've a BMI of 31, I could stand to loose a few kilos like anybody else i'm but i'm clearly not obese and enjoy working out quite regularly, weights, swimming, jogging etc. Should I be starving myself at this point or will they take that "muscle factor into account? Looking forward to hearing back about the results of the aptitude tests.

I think they have to take your build and muscle mass into consideration... Take rugby players for example they would have a high bmi but their still fit...Wouldn't worry about it at this stage anyway.

I have a feeling the results will be out tomorrow, if not then I think it will be after Christmas/New year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shamee

I have a feeling the results will be out tomorrow, if not then I think it will be after Christmas/New year.

There's only 7 days you haven't covered with that feeling.

I find it's best to switch off and forget about it until you get word, sitting around waiting for a mail will fry your brain. These competitions are drawn out so you will be worn down by the end!

It's not easy to switch off I admit but defo worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

megabantz wrote: »
    I find it's best to switch off and forget about it until you get word, sitting around waiting for a mail will fry your brain. These competitions are drawn out so you will be worn down by the end!

It's not easy to switch off I admit but defo worth a try!
    "You will be worn down by the end"
    Never truer words said!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

Results will be delivered digitally through the Message board the same way the notification of the aptitude was delivered. This is fact direct from public jobs

Regarding results im told "We hope to have them done before christmas" again i was told this directly.

Im going to hope that will be the case. Would be nice to know one way or another whats on the cards for 2016

DFB or no DFB that is the question!

• Advertisement

Anyone get a result yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

123kid2014 wrote:
    Anyone get a result yet?

Got my result and absolutly delighted with it!!!!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Results out now, Although may be confusing with regards to the order of merit, in that they dont mention how many will be going forward to the next stage so even if you pass you still may not get called to the next stage depending on how many they take through

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Got my result and absolutly delighted with it!!!!! :):)

Ye I got just over a 1000 on order of merit but it says u may or may not get called for next stage . Supervised tests next

****. Wasn't expecting where I placed. I just hope I can replicate it on the supervised tests should I get that far :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Any idea on how many will be called forward? I'm around 1800 and don't know wat to think

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    Any idea on how many will be called forward? I'm around 1800 and don't know wat to think

I've no idea . I'd be surprised if anyone knows exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

They could do it like the garda recruitment, the first 500 were called and went through the testing/interview process. Then as more were needed down the line the called the next set of numbers were called upon for their supervised tests, or they could just pick whatever number to test and the rest get cut which may be more realistic given its not as big a recruitment as the garda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

The lower the number on the order of merit the better, is it?
    I got just under 300.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Zion84

Do we know how many candidates sat the test?

Advertisement