Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 37 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Beginning to think Giroud is a must now especially if Wellbeck isn't fit! Debating whether Cazorla is a better option than Ramsey as well. Arsenal Conundrum this GW!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

...and I'm back to Walcott :pac:

Not sure they'll do it unless they beat United. I really want to too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

...and I'm back to Walcott :pac:

What about Foster to Ospina and 433? May be lacking the flourish you demand but could be effective. Myhill a pretty cat option for the last two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    What about Foster to Ospina and 433? May be lacking the flourish you demand but could be effective. Myhill a pretty cat option for the last two games.

You would think so yet myhill has got 31 pts in his 3 games against liverpool utd and city. I'm not bitter about those benched pts honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

In a bit of a bind here.
    Wanted to stick in Giroud for Kane but can't afford a straight swap so would need a second transfer and a -4pt hit.

Now thinking of leaving Kane in and just sticking in Koscielny or Bellerin. What you reckon? If it wasnt a DGW i wouldnt even be thinking of Giroud.

ticPB6o.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

I am in the same boat and am now leaning towards bellerin.

Not sure who to drop from my defence alder or Morgan?

You would think so yet myhill has got 31 pts in his 3 games against liverpool utd and city. I'm not bitter about those benched pts honestly.

It just can't continue though. They are pretty much safe and that 17 pointer v United was a freak!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

It just can't continue though. They are pretty much safe and that 17 pointer v United was a freak!

Myhill peno save on Hazard, kicks it out with his feet to Berahino who goes full length of pitch and scores :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭G1032

Thinking of Fabregas to Gerrard.
    Have Bellerin and Sanchez.
    Any value whatsoever in bringing in Kos for Baines for minus 4? Just playing for overall placing now.

Current defenders playing are Bertie, Bellerin and Jenkinson. Kos would play instead of Jenkinson or Bertie.

it defied logic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

In Pulisball I trust :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Okay, in light of Mourinho's comments I have ruled out selling Hazard. Which gives me a headache, because he was the easiest route to getting Sanchez in. So now I'm left with these options:

1) Fabregas out, Ramsey in
    2) Fabregas and Terry out, Sanchez and 4.9 def (PVA) in (-4)
    3) Fabregas and Benteke out, Sanchez and 5.8 forward (Ulloa) in (-4)

Basically, I've decided that Fabregas will be my transfer out. The only players I'm considering to go with him to fund Alexis are Terry and Benteke. My nearest rival has both, and I'm trying to decide who could do more damage if I sell (I'm leading by 43 points, so I'm reluctant to lose either as they are good blockers).

Any thoughts on the above would be much appreciated. Even though I've played the game for years I've never done it for money, so things are tense.
    As of GW36 his Arsenal players were Monreal and Cazorla (to my Bellerin and Ozil). He's made two transfers, and I haven't been able to guess from the money in his bank whether he might have gotten Sanchez in. I'm worried that he may have.

If I managed to bring Sanchez in it would be a win-win as a) if he has transferred him in, I've now blocked that route to making up points and b) if he has not, then Sanchez would be an amazing differential.
    I'd go 1). Maybe Cazorla or Ozil if Ramsey is not 100% fit. Don't know what's the latest news on his fitness...

As A Brad Maddox Guy said, if Terry & Benteke are blockers you have to keep them.
    You didn't tell us if your rivals own Hazard (I presume they do but...). If you want to keep him, can't you get Sanchez and sell someone else than Terry (if you have £4.9m after Fab->Sanchez you have a £0.8m flexibility).
    With Hazard now set to play, and I'd expect to start, the space for the punt midfielder is limited.

I'm full circle and back at banking and playing

Mig
    Terry, Kos, PVA (Huth, Wolly)
    Hazard, Sanchez (c), Ramsey, Albrighton (Bolasie)
    Kane, Aguero, Benteke

The only things worth considering are
    Mig to Panti
    Bolasie to Punt Mid and bench Albrighton
    Kane to any forward....Defoe....Costa!?
    Out of these 3 choices I'd favour the former by a long mile. Second option is tempting but as we've been debating all week, there's no stand out choices.
    And selling Kane home to Hull sounds madness... (just a question can you actually afford Kane -> Costa :eek:? - I'd not touch him anyway, we're not even sure he'll play -).
    km79 wrote: »
    options now firmly down to 3
    (a) mignolet to ospina (have bellerin and Sanchez)
    (b) smalling to PVA (and bench alderweireld)
    (c) bank it !
    what ye reckon
    (b).
    Not sure the 2 Arsenal def road is the best one...
    United haven't kept a CS since 15th March. And Saints defensive form has declined with Forster out. Admittedly 3 of their last 4 games were away but their last game at home (Spurs) they conceded 2. Villa are on fire and have dramatically improved their scoring form since Sherwood took over.

So yeah (b) would be my DGW gamble ;). Just be sure you can field 3 decent def for GW38 since Sunderland will be away to Chelsea.
    Easy Rod wrote: »
    In one of my pay leagues there's 2 points separating the top three (i'm in third) they both have Sanchez and will more than likely captain him.

I already have three Arsenal - Ospina, Bellerin, Ozil. (+PVA for Sun)

Should I take a 4 point hit to move Ozil & Benteke out for Sanchez & Defoe?
    The thing is if you do so you'll start 6 pts behind the leader. If you get Sanchez you'll certainly captain him. So where can you make these 6 pts up?
    In a bit of a bind here.
    Wanted to stick in Giroud for Kane but can't afford a straight swap so would need a second transfer and a -4pt hit.

Now thinking of leaving Kane in and just sticking in Koscielny or Bellerin. What you reckon? If it wasnt a DGW i wouldnt even be thinking of Giroud.

ticPB6o.png
    Yeah I'd definitely get an Arsenal def (*) in your position. And to be fair, I'm under the impression 1 def and 2 mids is the Arsenal FSA "template" ;)...
    And looking at your defence I'd actually get Ospina for Foster.
    G1032 wrote: »
    Any value whatsoever in bringing in Kos for Baines for minus 4? Just playing for overall placing now.

Current defenders playing are Bertie, Bellerin and Jenkinson. Kos would play instead of Jenkinson or Bertie.
    In your position I'd rather get an Arsenal second midfielder for Fabregas. And a Sunderland def for -4 if you haven't one already. Otherwise I'd probably leave it as is and keep my (potential) -4 for GW38.

iroced wrote: »

In your position I'd rather get an Arsenal second midfielder for Fabregas. And a Sunderland def for -4 if you haven't one already. Otherwise I'd probably leave it as is and keep my (potential) -4 for GW38.

Gerrard and Ozil for Couthino and Fabregas?
    Just have a feeling Gerrard will bag a couple of goals.

Now. About my team... I'm a bit like FHFC. Gone full circle this week...

Current team is
    Mig (Myhill)
    Terry Bellerin PVA (Alder Schlupp)
    Sanchez Silva Hazard Sterling (Cambiasso)
    Aguero Kane Benteke
    £0.8m in bank

Planned transfer for ages was Sterling -> Ramsey. With his fitness issue I'm now debating this move with Cazorla and Ozil...
    Don't think a 5th DGWer is needed there. Opinions?

--- edit ---
    Gerrard and Ozil for Couthino and Fabregas?
    Just have a feeling Gerrard will bag a couple of goals.
    You seem determined to take a 4 pts hits :P...
    Well if you have a gut instinct I'd say go for it. Nothing's worse than realise afterwards that you had a good idea and you bottled it. That said Coutinho -> Gerrard for -4 doesn't sound very rational. Not that this game is very rational either though :p.

About the second Arsenal mid I can't decide between Ramsey, Cazorla & Ozil...
    If Ramsey was 100% fit I'd have no hesitation. Cazorla is on pens so this increases its appeal. And Ozil seems the less prone to rotation... What a headache !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'd go 1). Maybe Cazorla or Ozil if Ramsey is not 100% fit. Don't know what's the latest news on his fitness...

As A Brad Maddox Guy said, if Terry & Benteke are blockers you have to keep them.
    You didn't tell us if your rivals own Hazard (I presume they do but...). If you want to keep him, can't you get Sanchez and sell someone else than Terry (if you have £4.9m after Fab->Sanchez you have a £0.8m flexibility).

Thanks for the advice. If I sell Fab for Sanchez, the players I can sell and afford a replacement for are:

Terry
    Hazard
    Ozil
    Silva
    Aguero
    Benteke

My rival has all of those bar Ozil, and it'd be a bit crazy to sell a DGW player at a 4-point hit.

I guess I could do Fabregas to Cazorla as a further blocker if Ramsey is an injury doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Play Henderson or Albrighton?

Thanks for the advice. If I sell Fab for Sanchez, the players I can sell and afford a replacement for are:

Terry
    Hazard
    Ozil
    Silva
    Aguero
    Benteke

My rival has all of those bar Ozil, and it'd be a bit crazy to sell a DGW player at a 4-point hit.

I guess I could do Fabregas to Cazorla as a further blocker if Ramsey is an injury doubt.

Ah right. Yeah I wouldn't sell any of these players.

But since you don't mention your defenders bar Terry I presume they're all very cheap? I had the feeling that with your £4.9m in bank when you sell Terry (prob for £6.6m) you could have a £5.8m def you could trade instead...

Just to be perfectly clear about Ramsey.
    Wenger said "I think he will be alright (for the Manchester United game)" 2 days ago
    (source: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150514/team-news-ox-welbeck-ramsey-arteta). But as Mr P replied, the "logical" thing would be to have him rested for at least a game before the Cup final. Again "logical", "managers" and "FPL" are 3 words that don't particularly go well together...

To be fair I think Cazorla is safer (less prone to rotation than Ramsey) but Ramsey offers more potential for a big haul... which I'm sorry is not of great help, not even to myself :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If Ramsey was 100% fit I'd have no hesitation. Cazorla is on pens so this increases its appeal. And Ozil seems the less prone to rotation... What a headache !

CFEEysHUsAA-9j8.png:large

Ozil has the stats but whether they'll be converted into points is the question. I've gone with him for both differential potential and game time security. Also he has performed better at home since his return from injury and with 2 of the last 3 being at the Emirates, hopefully this will continue.

CFEEysHUsAA-9j8.png:large

Ozil has the stats but whether they'll be converted into points is the question. I've gone with him for both differential potential and game time security. Also he has performed better at home since his return from injury and with 2 of the last 3 being at the Emirates, hopefully this will continue.

He has the highest ppg of the 3 of them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ah right. Yeah I wouldn't sell any of these players.

But since you don't mention your defenders bar Terry I presume they're all very cheap? I had the feeling that with your £4.9m in bank when you sell Terry (prob for £6.6m) you could have a £5.8m def you could trade instead...

Just to be perfectly clear about Ramsey.
    Wenger said "I think he will be alright (for the Manchester United game)" 2 days ago
    (source: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150514/team-news-ox-welbeck-ramsey-arteta). But as Mr P replied, the "logical" thing would be to have him rested for at least a game before the Cup final. Again "logical", "managers" and "FPL" are 3 words that don't particularly go well together...

To be fair I think Cazorla is safer (less prone to rotation than Ramsey) but Ramsey offers more potential for a big haul... which I'm sorry is not of great help, not even to myself :pac:...

Ah, on the defenders unfortunately not - the others are Dawson, Alder, Bellerin, and Wolly.

I think your assessment of safe vs. flair is accurate - especially given that Cazorla would be another blocker. But Ozil and Cazorla feels quite uninspired as DGW players compared to Ramsey and Sanchez.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll make a decision at 11:29 tomorrow :pac:

• Advertisement

Now. About my team... I'm a bit like FHFC. Gone full circle this week...

Current team is
    Mig (Myhill)
    Terry Bellerin PVA (Alder Schlupp)
    Sanchez Silva Hazard Sterling (Cambiasso)
    Aguero Kane Benteke
    £0.8m in bank

Planned transfer for ages was Sterling -> Ramsey. With his fitness issue I'm now debating this move with Cazorla and Ozil...
    Don't think a 5th DGWer is needed there. Opinions?

--- edit ---

You seem determined to take a 4 pts hits :P...
    Well if you have a gut instinct I'd say go for it. Nothing's worse than realise afterwards that you had a good idea and you bottled it. That said Coutinho -> Gerrard for -4 doesn't sound very rational. Not that this game is very rational either though :p.

I'd worry about Ramseys game time.
    Cazorla won't pick up too many points without a penalty.
    You don't know what Ozil will give you.

I don't particularly like any of them as options tbh but Ozil seems like the best bet. I might buy him myself.

Out of these 3 choices I'd favour the former by a long mile. Second option is tempting but as we've been debating all week, there's no stand out choices.
    And selling Kane home to Hull sounds madness... (just a question can you actually afford Kane -> Costa :eek:? - I'd not touch him anyway, we're not even sure he'll play -)

I'm actually 0.3 short of Kane to Costa :). Bit early for Costa this week, but he could be an option v Sunderland.

With Brown and Gomez out I'm not gonna double on Sunderland defensively, if I was going for the second option the prime candidate would be Gerrard and bench Albrighton. Nobody that's worth selling Kane for with Hull in something of a meltdown.

Looks like for once the original plan from when making my transfers last week will hold. Bank it and roll the dice with 2 fts and a wad of money for GW38 unless anyone has a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Who's most nailed on defender for Sunderland. Was thinking of doing o Shea instead of pva

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Baines is going to miss the rest of the season. Ankle surgery.

Who's most nailed on defender for Sunderland. Was thinking of doing o Shea instead of pva

Madness. PVA is only attractive as he has mental attacking stats. Unless you are really stuck for cash PVA or Panti for the save points the only Sunderland defy worth going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Also noticed reviellere has missed last 5 games and jones has played them. Anyone know if he was injured or just dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Tempted to go Sterling and Bolasie --> Gerard and Adam Johnson for a -4

I'm 14 points behind the leader but he has made 3 transfers this week so is down -4 too. He had Cazorla and will have probably brought in Giroud and one other DGWer. Probably Ramsey.

I'm pretty set on Adam Johnson but is Gerard worth a punt??? I really can see him scoring on his last home game. Palace will be on the beach and everyone will be trying to get him a goal and he has scored in last two matches.

But then Stoke away on the last day is not a great fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Will hazard play? My main rival has aguero.

Thinking of taking a -4 to get Aguero and some mid.

Will have to sell hazard and Kane to get them in.

I'm really tempted by the Gerrard thing. Will still leave me with 1.4m on the bank and could comfortably bench him next week if he wasn't likely to start.

Could line up like this...
    Mignolet.
    PVA, Koscielny, Terry
    Hazard, Sanchez (c), Ramsey, Gerrard
    Aguero, Kane, Benteke
    (Albrighton, Huth, Wolly)

Any views from my backroom team?

I'm on my own with my three offspring all day tomorrow from first thing so won't have much time to consider things before 11.30!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm really tempted by the Gerrard thing. Will still leave me with 1.4m on the bank and could comfortably bench him next week if he wasn't likely to start.

Could line up like this...
    Mignolet.
    PVA, Koscielny, Terry
    Hazard, Sanchez (c), Ramsey, Gerrard
    Aguero, Kane, Benteke
    (Albrighton, Huth, Wolly)

Any views from my backroom team?

I'm on my own with my three offspring all day tomorrow from first thing so won't have much time to consider things before 11.30!

You won't be happy until you do it, and I dig that :)

It may not be the right thing to do but go for it if you want to. You may have to offload the week after though just to consider.

Your DOF grants you free reign this weekend.

Advertisement