Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 37 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    What's the rest of your team? Option B sounds good to me - B: Bench Huth and get Mata for Bolasie playing 343 but Mata has a tough fixture. Have you looked at any mids that could potentially tear it up this weekend if you are chasing?
    naughtb4 wrote: »
    Anyone tempted by Gerrard?

I was just thinking about Lemlims question about mids yesterday and was about to post about Gerrard.

What are the chances Stevie scores on his last Anfield game, hes a fooker for the big occasions, especially the big occasion that are about Stevie.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

He will score.......or be sent off :)

I am .3 short for it, and not taking a -4 at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    I presume this means you can't get Giroud without a 4 pts hit?

It's the classic dilemma when you're leading. Safest option would be B. Wait for Wenger press conference and hope for news regarding Welbeck fitness. I think Wenger won't rotate too much anyway since Arsenal will absolutely want to avoid the 4th position. And the best way to do it is avoid losing at Old Trafford and beat Sunderland so that they can ease off for GW38 eyeing for the Cup final. And to do so I don't see why Wenger would not field his current A team.

I think the stat that it was the first time since 1996 that he fielded the same starting XI 5 times in a row is largely due to the many injuries Arsenal suffered (at least in the past couple of years - I don't really remember what it was like during the Overmars & Bergkamp era :p -).

The person has 3 Arsenal. It's not my own team, trying to advise someone. Ospina, Ramsey and Ozil so a four point hit is needed to get Giroud. No hit needed for Ramsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Think I'm going to do the ultra exciting Boyd to Gomez transfer I've been looking at all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Right gamble time....
    Hazard --> Sanchez
    Kane --> Vardy

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Right gamble time....
    Hazard --> Sanchez
    Kane --> Vardy

Ulloa confirmed fit I think, may be a better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Ulloa confirmed fit I think, may be a better option?

I assume he needs the dosh to fund Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You can finish one point below me and we'll both go up to FSA League 2 together. Deal?

You can finish one below me and we can both go up sounds better to me!

I command you to captain Ramsey. You may think I've slacked off from Director of Football duties but I've simply been watching from afar, letting you stand on your own 2 legs for a while :)

Who cares about overall rank really, if you don't at least try and go for it then you can't overtake them. No shame in taking a punt at this stage. If it works you could pull back 20+ points and be primed for an overtake on the final straight. If it doesn't work, you can look yourself in the mirror and say you tried, which is more than can be said to those playing it safe, counting down the days until they can hit the beach.

The Prodston way, it can't always be wrong :D

Ramsey is not in training yet "but he should be better tomorrow." Maybe Welbeck will be available "but at the moment he looks short" #AFC

Sorry Mr P, dunno if this is captain material.

Think we'd be better focusing our efforts on a killer differential 4th mid who'll make up ten or more points on his own. Where do ya stand on Stevie G??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Ramsey is not in training yet "but he should be better tomorrow." Maybe Welbeck will be available "but at the moment he looks short" #AFC

Sorry Mr P, dunno if this is captain material.

Think we'd be better focusing our efforts on a killer differential 4th mid who'll make up ten or more points on his own. Where do ya stand on Stevie G??

Just realised I hadn't replied :o

Stevie G could well do something but would he even play the week after? Palace have been a bogey team for Pool too. I can see the appeal, and logic but not for me. I'll get my thinking cap on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Jampip

Best mid for 6.1 or under?

The rest of my forwards and mids are Hazard, Sanchez, Silva, Giroud, Kane, Aguero.

Jampip wrote: »
    Best mid for 6.1 or under?

The rest of my forwards and mids are Hazard, Sanchez, Silva, Giroud, Kane, Aguero.

Mahrez. I think he even started up top for Leicester last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

elmohamady ----> Noble

i'm now thinking of a punt on Hazard to Gerard...... any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I was half-thinking of Gerrard too. What kind of heartless referee wouldn't give Liverpool a penalty on Stevie G's last home game??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Suffering from transfer paralysis this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Sunderland AFC @SunderlandAFC · 4m 4 minutes ago
    ADVOCAAT: "Jordi Gomez, Jack Rodwell and Wes Brown are unavailable. John O'Shea is back in the squad."

Sunderland AFC @SunderlandAFC · 2m 2 minutes ago
    ADVOCAAT: "Wes Brown and Jordi Gomez won't play again this season."

Very unlucky for Gomez owners, could be a lucky break for Defoe if he's on pens now

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

ADVOCAAT: "Jordi Gomez, Jack Rodwell and Wes Brown are unavailable. John O'Shea is back in the squad."

Very unlucky for Gomez owners, could be a lucky break for Defoe if he's on pens now

BOY am I happy i waited
    gonna be a few angry people again with the early transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ouch that is harsh on Gomez owners.

Sunderland players looking less appealing now. I have PvA and think I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I'll hang on till later to see what the wise old scout thinks before I pull the trigger, I'll be taking risks though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Mourinho said Terry, Ivanovic and Hazard want to maintain record of having played every game this season.
    I think i will hold on to Hazard now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

-4 to bring in Bellerin and PVA. Madness or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

How many DGW players are folks going for?

Currently have 4 (3 Arsenal and 1 Sunderland) and tempted by another Sunderland player but their final 2 games are away to Arsenal and Chelsea. Possibly not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

How many DGW players are folks going for?

Currently have 4 (3 Arsenal and 1 Sunderland) and tempted by another Sunderland player but their final 2 games are away to Arsenal and Chelsea. Possibly not worth it.

Well, Arsenal game is part of their DGW. So, you could always just not play that Sunderland player for the last GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Is doubling up on Sunderland defence (i.e. PVA and Panti) a bit too much?

Not sure what to do with my FT this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

sheroman01 wrote: »
    -4 to bring in Bellerin and PVA. Madness or not?
    Considering they both have a DGW (don't know how much Bellerin is guaranteed 2 games) it's not madness.

But it mainly depends on who your are taking out and who you'd play if you don't go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

jimmii wrote: »
    Ouch that is harsh on Gomez owners.

I was just about to transfer him in!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Dammit! brought in Gomez the previous GW and benched him (5pts). It was the only way to get the funds to swap Kane»»Giroud 'cause 0.0 left itb and I was afraid of price rises. bye bye to my 5DGW players...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Who will Sunderlands penalty taker be now with Gomez out? I'm guessing Larsson or Adam Johnson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Who will Sunderlands penalty taker be now with Gomez out? I'm guessing Larsson or Adam Johnson.

Think Johnson if he's played.

Advertisement