Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 37 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    Can anyone see a transfer in this:

Myhill
    Pva (x2), Bertrand, Kos (x2)
    Hazard, Sanchez (x2), Silva, Mata
    Aguero, Kane, Giroud (x2)
    Foster, Wolly, Cork, Baird
    0.4 mil in the bank.

I'm thinking about just banking. I thought about Myhill to Panti but I already have PVA and Sunderland have only one decent fixture, and even that is against Leicester who are second in the form table to Chelsea.
    Yeah though if you do change your mind and get Panti, get him in for Foster not Myhill so that you have 2 fit GK for GW38 (you'd have to be particularly unlucky to see both of them injured/suspended/rotated for the last game).

If Hazard is benched as Mourinho hinted, maybe a Sunderland mid could be a better option than Cork, though with only £0.4m in bank I'm not sure who you could afford :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Can anyone see a transfer in this:

Myhill
    Pva (x2), Bertrand, Kos (x2)
    Hazard, Sanchez (x2), Silva, Mata
    Aguero, Kane, Giroud (x2)
    Foster, Wolly, Cork, Baird
    0.4 mil in the bank.

I'm thinking about just banking. I thought about Myhill to Panti but I already have PVA and Sunderland have only one decent fixture, and even that is against Leicester who are second in the form table to Chelsea.

I think I would hold if I were you. Thats a very solid team for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I wonder will Leicester continue to be as gung ho. They are in the territory where a draw almost certainly leaves them safe. I'm struggling with selection, never mind transfers this week and don't know what to do with my Leicester pair.

Migs (Myhill)
    Kos (DGW), PVA (DGW), Terry(wba a) or Huth (sun a)
    Ramsey, Sanchez, Albrighton, Hazard (Bolasie)
    Kane, Aguero, Benteke

I'm struggling to decide whether to bench Huth, or play 433 and bench Albrighton or even Hazard.

Thats before considering whether to make a transfer, with the only likely one being Panti for Myhill and hoping Leic-Sun is a cagey 0-0. I suppose Sunderland do really have to go for it with Chelsea in last game and worse GD than Hull. But Huth has a goal in him too, and benching Leicester defenders has not been good news lately.

@ FHFC:

What about this? Do we forget about it and assume Hazard will play? I don't know any of these 3 players but 2 of them are midfielders. So how much would we rate Hazard chances to be benched?
    Hazard bench against WBA?

“In the last game against Sunderland I will play the players who have played the most minutes this season. They were the base of the team that won the title. But against West Brom, on Monday night, as they are safe and no other team is affected, I will play Loftus-Cheek, Nathan Ake and also Izzy Brown."

I mean if Hazard doesn't play you may try a gamble on a Sunderland mid for Bolasie ? Though I do realise I'm actually failing to convince myself on this...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I would be more surprised if Hazard did start this one based on the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

CSF wrote: »

Loftus-Cheek is a deep midfielder and Ake is a defender. Brown is an attacking midfielder, so I guess it'll be him plus two out of Willian, Oscar and Hazard in behind the striker (probably Remy). Hazard may well be rested, but I don't see how people can be so sure.

Ormus wrote: »
    Loftus-Cheek is a deep midfielder and Ake is a defender. Brown is an attacking midfielder, so I guess it'll be him plus two out of Willian, Oscar and Hazard in behind the striker (probably Remy). Hazard may well be rested, but I don't see how people can be so sure.

Yeah, I don't think its clear cut. Hazard hasn't played every minute like Terry but AFAIK he has started every game so may push to play too.

I'm reserving judgement to see if Jose has any more to say on it on Friday. It'd take some guts to bench Haz unless Jose was fairly definiate that he wasn't going to play.

@ Iroced, I'm strangely more tempted by Mata for Bolasie if anything. I think a Sunderland mid is a gamble given their GW38 fixture. Mata is now on pens and has Hull in the last game. I'm thinking my two final transfers may well be Mata for Bolasie and a Leicester forward for Kane, its just whether I do one now, or bank and do both next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Brown plays on the left, Hazard does the bulk of his work on the left. Hazard has played significantly more football than other players and it stands to reason that him and Willian will be making way for Brown and Cuadrado, especially with Mourinho insisting he'll be fielding a full-strength team vs Sunderland on the last day.

Well I'm sure of nothing but as CSF said it'll make perfect sense, especially with Mourinho plan for GW38. That said he could be talking bullsh*t which would be no big surprise from him.
    FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't think its clear cut. Hazard hasn't played every minute like Terry but AFAIK he has started every game so may push to play too.

I'm reserving judgement to see if Jose has any more to say on it on Friday. It'd take some guts to bench Haz unless Jose was fairly definiate that he wasn't going to play.

@ Iroced, I'm strangely more tempted by Mata for Bolasie if anything. I think a Sunderland mid is a gamble given their GW38 fixture. Mata is now on pens and has Hull in the last game. I'm thinking my two final transfers may well be Mata for Bolasie and a Leicester forward for Kane, its just whether I do one now, or bank and do both next week.
    Can you afford it as a straight swap?

Like you, my plan is to wait for more Mourinho hints anyway but if Hazard is to be rested Bolasie->Mata sounds good ;). My only worry regarding United is they may have nothing to play for GW38 if they don't beat Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

CSF wrote: »

Fabergas could be rested for next game too then?

Wonder who'll be on penalties if Hazard is benched?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Invincible wrote: »
    Fabergas could be rested for next game too then?

Only Jose knows! According to FFS penalty duties after Hazard are Drogba, Fab, Costa so if Fab & Hazard don't play it will be interesting!

iroced wrote: »
    Well I'm sure of nothing but as CSF said it'll make perfect sense, especially with Mourinho plan for GW38. That said he could be talking bullsh*t which would be no big surprise from him.

Can you afford it as a straight swap?

Like you, my plan is to wait for more Mourinho hints anyway but if Hazard is to be rested Bolasie->Mata sounds good ;). My only worry regarding United is they may have nothing to play for GW38 if they don't beat Arsenal.

I've 4m plus in the bank and never gonna spend it.

The big question with Hazard is do you play him in the risk that he comes on for 10 mins (to complete having played in every game) or bench him and risk a start or a 30 minute run with a penalty and an assist?

What would your thoughts be on the defence puzzle, 433 or 343? If I was going to play the 4 defenders I could bench Hazard and play Albrighton.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Well....I fell 56k places overall this week :(:(

Looking for some advice this week- team has gone to hell.

Team-

Davis/ Myhill
    Janmaat, Bruce, Azpi, Bertrand, Clyne
    Mata, Herrera, Silva, Sanchez, Hazard
    Vardy, Giroud, Kane.

I have 0.1mil in bank so I would need to take -4 to change anything properly.

I am looking to get rid of my Southamption defenders. Any advice on which one?
    Would be willing to get rid of one of Clyne/Bertrand. Also Herrera and I don't know whether to get rid of Kane for maybe a Sunderland striker.

Wary for getting rid of Azpilicueta or Hazard in case they play in final week and score big...though Azpi didn't play this week.

Players I am thinking of - Panti (for Davis), PvA for Bertrand/Clyne.
    Bruce wouldn't free up much funds and I was thinking of keeping Janmaat as Newcastle have QPR next.

Would be looking to keep Silva & Mata. Would get rid of Herrera & also don't know what to do about Hazard? Would like to get an Arsenal mid (Walcott maybe or Santi)

Vardy has been scoring ok the last few weeks and am unsure whether to dump Kane for a Sunderland striker?

Sorry for the long post & thanks for reading (to anybody who managed to get through it!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Could you do Bertrand/Herrera -> PVA/Ramsey ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Could you do Bertrand/Herrera -> PVA/Ramsey ?

Yeah I would have enough for that. Was thinking then I could just bench Hazard and Azpilicueta.

If I buy PvA it also leaves me enough to buy Ramsey, Ozil or Cazorla

I've 4m plus in the bank and never gonna spend it.

The big question with Hazard is do you play him in the risk that he comes on for 10 mins (to complete having played in every game) or bench him and risk a start or a 30 minute run with a penalty and an assist?

What would your thoughts be on the defence puzzle, 433 or 343? If I was going to play the 4 defenders I could bench Hazard and play Albrighton.

Re Hazard. He's on 3 2 6 2. So no exceptional form. His last big away haul is from end of March. WB have re-tightened at the back after conceding 10 in 3 games and only conceded 1 goal in their next 4 games. If he comes in late, what kind of a team Chelsea will look like? Fabregas in? Matic in? Who upfront? Hazard can't run the show all by himself. We saw it clearly against PSG.

So my only worry is Mourinho talking up his a*se and fielding a strong enough team with Hazard starting. But if he confirms he'll give gametime to his young players and rest key ones to "offer" them the last game at home to celebrate the season I'd not worry too much about benching Hazard. I did it with Kane for the last DGW. He got an assist and I'd have been better benching Silva but I didn't lose huge ground either.

---

Re Albrighton. Am I understanding it wrong or if you play Hazard you're thinking of benching Albrighton?

---

Now 433 or 343?

Migs (Myhill)
    Ramsey (DGW), Sanchez (DGW), Albrighton, Hazard (Bolasie)
    Kane, Aguero, Benteke

Let's start with the obvious choices.
    Kos PVA
    Ramsey Sanchez Albrighton

So your question is which 2 of Terry, Huth, Hazard or the transfer in for Bolasie?

Tough call between Terry & Huth.
    On one hand, both WB & Chelsea have nothing to play for. Which could destroy all my previous points about WB. So boring 0-0 between players that have their head on the beach (with the exception of Chelsea youngsters) or goal fest? Could we find a stat about how these stake-less games turn out?
    On the other hand, Leicester are on great form (defensive and attacking). But Sunderland have to win to be safe. And Leicester may want to avoid the stress of an imperative home win vs QPR on the last GW though with QPR form and mindset they should hammer them. I think there should be goals in this game. Also, the Burnley game aside, Leicester have always conceded away in 2015. So we may be overplaying their late defensive form.
    So I'd favour Terry over Huth (and he may want to reach 40 PL goals, sounds better than 39 :p).

Hazard it or not? We have to wait for more news from Mourinho. Let's be clear though. Despite what I've said about his recent form if he's bound to start you play him and there's no debate. Otherwise, the question for me is whether you get another midfielder for Bolasie or you play Huth. We're talking about your free transfer right? Since for -4, I'd forget about it, play Huth and keep my potential -4 for the last GW. Mata is tempting but if Hull have something to play for in GW38 and United don't this may be a false good idea... What's funny is the only team that may have something to play for GW38 could be Newcastle. Now go and choose a midfielder from them :pac:...

Again it's a very tough choice you have here since ideally you'd make it for both GW37 & 38 but this GW results could make your choice a poor one for GW38. In that case you may just trust your current team and carry your FT for GW38.

---

So to conclude. It depends on your situation. Are you leading/chasing? Do you feel like gambling or prefer to play it safe? Anyway, I'd go 433 if Mourinho hints Hazard could be benched or your normal 343 with Terry ahead of Huth (1st on your bench) otherwise ;). And in the first case, if you really feel like taking a punt, Mata sounds like a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Yeah though if you do change your mind and get Panti, get him in for Foster not Myhill so that you have 2 fit GK for GW38 (you'd have to be particularly unlucky to see both of them injured/suspended/rotated for the last game).

If Hazard is benched as Mourinho hinted, maybe a Sunderland mid could be a better option than Cork, though with only £0.4m in bank I'm not sure who you could afford :confused:.
    jimmii wrote: »
    I think I would hold if I were you. Thats a very solid team for this week.

I could afford Gomez from Sunderland I think but, given that they have two poor fixtures out of three, I don't think a Sunderland player is worth it. The relegation battle could easily be over this weekend as I don't expect Hull to get a result. I also don't want to bench any of my established front seven of Mata, Hazard, Silva, Sanchez, Giroud, Kane, Aguero.

Re Hazard, I think he'll get at least a cameo and want him for the last day so I'll just hold him. I've been burned too many times this season by overthinking things. Lesson learned for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Invincible wrote:

Fabregas then Remy I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

I could afford Gomez from Sunderland I think but, given that they have two poor fixtures out of three, I don't think a Sunderland player is worth it. The relegation battle could easily be over this weekend as I don't expect Hull to get a result. I also don't want to bench any of my established front seven of Mata, Hazard, Silva, Sanchez, Giroud, Kane, Aguero.

Re Hazard, I think he'll get at least a cameo and want him for the last day so I'll just hold him. I've been burned too many times this season by overthinking things. Lesson learned for next year.

I think he will get a cameo too so will keep
    the question is whether to start him ?

Yeah like km79 I never considered selling Hazard. Was just wondering (you) if a Sunderland mid could be a better option than Cork (if you do bench Hazard). But as I said to FHFC I'm failing to convince myself any of Sunderland mids/forwards is really worth it ;) so if I had to take a punt in your case I may actually try and go for Ashley Young (for Cork) rather than any Black Cat :P. Or you could play 4 at the back though depending who you have a 20 min Hazard cameo may give you more hopes of a decent return.

• Advertisement

Re Hazard. He's on 3 2 6 2. So no exceptional form. His last big away haul is from end of March. WB have re-tightened at the back after conceding 10 in 3 games and only conceded 1 goal in their next 4 games. If he comes in late, what kind of a team Chelsea will look like? Fabregas in? Matic in? Who upfront? Hazard can't run the show all by himself. We saw it clearly against PSG.

So my only worry is Mourinho talking up his a*se and fielding a strong enough team with Hazard starting. But if he confirms he'll give gametime to his young players and rest key ones to "offer" them the last game at home to celebrate the season I'd not worry too much about benching Hazard. I did it with Kane for the last DGW. He got an assist and I'd have been better benching Silva but I didn't lose huge ground either.

---

Re Albrighton. Am I understanding it wrong or if you play Hazard you're thinking of benching Albrighton?

---

Now 433 or 343?

Migs (Myhill)
    Ramsey (DGW), Sanchez (DGW), Albrighton, Hazard (Bolasie)
    Kane, Aguero, Benteke

Let's start with the obvious choices.
    Kos PVA
    Ramsey Sanchez Albrighton

So your question is which 2 of Terry, Huth, Hazard or the transfer in for Bolasie?

Tough call between Terry & Huth.
    On one hand, both WB & Chelsea have nothing to play for. Which could destroy all my previous points about WB. So boring 0-0 between players that have their head on the beach (with the exception of Chelsea youngsters) or goal fest? Could we find a stat about how these stake-less games turn out?
    On the other hand, Leicester are on great form (defensive and attacking). But Sunderland have to win to be safe. And Leicester may want to avoid the stress of an imperative home win vs QPR on the last GW though with QPR form and mindset they should hammer them. I think there should be goals in this game. Also, the Burnley game aside, Leicester have always conceded away in 2015. So we may be overplaying their late defensive form.
    So I'd favour Terry over Huth (and he may want to reach 40 PL goals, sounds better than 39 :p).

Hazard it or not? We have to wait for more news from Mourinho. Let's be clear though. Despite what I've said about his recent form if he's bound to start you play him and there's no debate. Otherwise, the question for me is whether you get another midfielder for Bolasie or you play Huth. We're talking about your free transfer right? Since for -4, I'd forget about it, play Huth and keep my potential -4 for the last GW. Mata is tempting but if Hull have something to play for in GW38 and United don't this may be a false good idea... What's funny is the only team that may have something to play for GW38 could be Newcastle. Now go and choose a midfielder from them :pac:...

Again it's a very tough choice you have here since ideally you'd make it for both GW37 & 38 but this GW results could make your choice a poor one for GW38. In that case you may just trust your current team and carry your FT for GW38.

---

So to conclude. It depends on your situation. Are you leading/chasing? Do you feel like gambling or prefer to play it safe? Anyway, I'd go 433 if Mourinho hints Hazard could be benched or your normal 343 with Terry ahead of Huth (1st on your bench) otherwise ;). And in the first case, if you really feel like taking a punt, Mata sounds like a good idea.

Essentially my choice boils down to the Hazard or no Hazard options.

Assuming we are fairly sure Hazard will play a minimal part, the choice is:

A: Play 433 leaving Hazard on the bench with Bolasie. Play both Huth and Terry.
    B: Bench Huth and get Mata for Bolasie playing 343.

If it seems too risky to play Hazard the choice is:

A: Bench Huth and play 343 with Albrighton and Hazard starting, Bolasie benched.
    B: Bench Albrighton and play 433 with Huth.
    C: Get Mata for Bolasie and have and even bigger selection headache!! Mata to play ahead of Huth and Albrighton!

The context is that I am chasing, with no great hope of catching, and have 1 FT so it won't be for a hit. (Not to say that if I don't bank the FT I wont talk myself into a hit next week)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think if you have Hazard, you have to start him. Even if he doesn't start, he could come on against tired legs and tear it up. If he doesn't feature at all, you'll get your autosub

km79 wrote: »
    I think he will get a cameo too so will keep
    the question is whether to start him ?

I'll be starting him.
    Essentially my choice boils down to the Hazard or no Hazard options.

Assuming we are fairly sure Hazard will play a minimal part, the choice is:

A: Play 433 leaving Hazard on the bench with Bolasie. Play both Huth and Terry.
    B: Bench Huth and get Mata for Bolasie playing 343.

If it seems too risky to play Hazard the choice is:

A: Bench Huth and play 343 with Albrighton and Hazard starting, Bolasie benched.
    B: Bench Albrighton and play 433 with Huth.
    C: Get Mata for Bolasie and have and even bigger selection headache!! Mata to play ahead of Huth and Albrighton!

The context is that I am chasing, with no great hope of catching, and have 1 FT so it won't be for a hit. (Not to say that if I don't bank the FT I wont talk myself into a hit next week)

What's the rest of your team? Option B sounds good to me - B: Bench Huth and get Mata for Bolasie playing 343 but Mata has a tough fixture. Have you looked at any mids that could potentially tear it up this weekend if you are chasing?

What's the rest of your team? Option B sounds good to me - B: Bench Huth and get Mata for Bolasie playing 343 but Mata has a tough fixture. Have you looked at any mids that could potentially tear it up this weekend if you are chasing?

Nothing stands out looking at the fixtures. Mata is probably premature all right without knowing the context of Hull V Man U.

The other option is to play Hazard, Albrighton, Sanchez, Ramsey and bench Huth.

I think my punt to chase the lead will probably be Ramsey (c).

Need to step back till we hear Mourinhos press conf really.

Nothing stands out looking at the fixtures. Mata is probably premature all right without knowing the context of Hull V Man U.

The other option is to play Hazard, Albrighton, Sanchez, Ramsey and bench Huth.

I think my punt to chase the lead will probably be Ramsey (c).

Need to step back till we hear Mourinhos press conf really.

How far behind are you? I think captaining Ramsey is an unnecessary step. Look at those who tried captaining Sanchez over Aguero last weekend.

How far behind are you? I think captaining Ramsey is an unnecessary step. Look at those who tried captaining Sanchez over Aguero last weekend.

For a money spot in the Harps league which is the only half realistic target I'm 32 behind harpstillidie in 3rd, 27 from Busts in 4th. Prizes for top 3 btw. 1st €750, 2nd €350, €200 for 3rd. I'm 50 off the top 2 which includes Hackers.

I kinda fancy Rambo to outscore Sanchez though. Prodston would let me! :mad: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

For a money spot in the Harps league which is the only half realistic target I'm 32 behind harpstillidie in 3rd, 27 from Busts in 4th.

I kinda fancy Rambo to outscore Sanchez though. Prodston would let me! :mad: :p

I command you to captain Ramsey. You may think I've slacked off from Director of Football duties but I've simply been watching from afar, letting you stand on your own 2 legs for a while :)

Who cares about overall rank really, if you don't at least try and go for it then you can't overtake them. No shame in taking a punt at this stage. If it works you could pull back 20+ points and be primed for an overtake on the final straight. If it doesn't work, you can look yourself in the mirror and say you tried, which is more than can be said to those playing it safe, counting down the days until they can hit the beach.

The Prodston way, it can't always be wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

One of the lads in my league got rid of Sanchez and Giroud for Mata and Aguero

Nothing like picking form players :) a brave call!

I command you to captain Ramsey. You may think I've slacked off from Director of Football duties but I've simply been watching from afar, letting you stand on your own 2 legs for a while :)

Who cares about overall rank really, if you don't at least try and go for it then you can't overtake them. No shame in taking a punt at this stage. If it works you could pull back 20+ points and be primed for an overtake on the final straight. If it doesn't work, you can look yourself in the mirror and say you tried, which is more than can be said to those playing it safe, counting down the days until they can hit the beach.

The Prodston way, it can't always be wrong :D

I certainly don't think there is the risk of the kind of difference in scoring between Aguero and Sanchez this week. Backing Sanchez vs fairly in form Swansea over Aguero against the worst team in the league who are already relegated was a heckuva gamble really.

In having both Sanchez and Ramsey however a 20 point turnaround ain't likley. The most I'd stand to gain is 10 - 15 if Rambo scores a couple and Sanchez blanks, or vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Sanchez is Aguero-like explosive though, which he's showed multiple times this season. What if Ramsey doesn't start against Sunderland for some reason and Sanchez hits a hat trick? I don't think it's worth the risk personally

Advertisement