Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 37 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Is doubling up on Sunderland defence (i.e. PVA and Panti) a bit too much?

Not sure what to do with my FT this week.

save it for next week and you'll have 2 ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Thoughts on Hazard likely to be given the day off?

Aguero for captain again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Read earlier that Mourinho said he, Terry & Ivanovic want to play every game this season so unlikely to be rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

AdMMM wrote: »
    Suffering from transfer paralysis this week.

Me too, and possibly for the same reason! ;)

I had planned Sterling to Ramsey but injury doubts have stopped me in my tracks, and rather than make a panic move, it might be better to do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Worth going Cambiasso to Larsson? 1FT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Thoughts on Hazard likely to be given the day off?

Aguero for captain again?

From Jose's comments you'd expect him to play. I suppose that could mean feature from the bench, but it would be madness to try and be clever by benching Hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Not sure what to do with Hazard

Which transfer looks better?

Hazard -> Cazorla for free

or

Henderson and Skrtel -> Cazorla and Morgan for a - 4 hit

For gw38 I would much rather have Haz and Morgan than those Liverpool boys.

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 6m6 minutes ago
    Van Gaal tells #MUTV Di Maria & van Persie are fit to face Arsenal but Rooney & Shaw miss out. Rojo could play. More: http://bit.ly/1d2LC58

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Defoe had a terrible record taking penalties in the past but with his experience I wouldn't rule him out being the one they turn to. Larrson would appear the obvious choice but besides that there's nobody else I'd want to take one if I was a Sunderland fan, well maybe Danny G:P

Away to Chelsea for the last game I'm not bothered about tripling up on Sunderland, I'll have Panti and Defoe this week along with Santi, Sanchez and Bellerin.
    I may use the transfer this week to replace Wollscheid with a budget defender who will play the last two, possibly Morgan or Schlupp, quite a few options who have good games and are under the 4.7m I can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Okay, in light of Mourinho's comments I have ruled out selling Hazard. Which gives me a headache, because he was the easiest route to getting Sanchez in. So now I'm left with these options:

1) Fabregas out, Ramsey in
    2) Fabregas and Terry out, Sanchez and 4.9 def (PVA) in (-4)
    3) Fabregas and Benteke out, Sanchez and 5.8 forward (Ulloa) in (-4)

Basically, I've decided that Fabregas will be my transfer out. The only players I'm considering to go with him to fund Alexis are Terry and Benteke. My nearest rival has both, and I'm trying to decide who could do more damage if I sell (I'm leading by 43 points, so I'm reluctant to lose either as they are good blockers).

Any thoughts on the above would be much appreciated. Even though I've played the game for years I've never done it for money, so things are tense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Just realised I hadn't replied :o

Stevie G could well do something but would he even play the week after? Palace have been a bogey team for Pool too. I can see the appeal, and logic but not for me. I'll get my thinking cap on.

With Hazard now set to play, and I'd expect to start, the space for the punt midfielder is limited.

I'm full circle and back at banking and playing

Mig
    Terry, Kos, PVA (Huth, Wolly)
    Hazard, Sanchez (c), Ramsey, Albrighton (Bolasie)
    Kane, Aguero, Benteke

The only things worth considering are
    Mig to Panti
    Bolasie to Punt Mid and bench Albrighton
    Kane to any forward....Defoe....Costa!?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

options now firmly down to 3
    (a) mignolet to ospina (have bellerin and Sanchez)
    (b) smalling to PVA (and bench alderweireld)
    (c) bank it !
    what ye reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Okay, in light of Mourinho's comments I have ruled out selling Hazard. Which gives me a headache, because he was the easiest route to getting Sanchez in. So now I'm left with these options:

1) Fabregas out, Ramsey in
    2) Fabregas and Terry out, Sanchez and 4.9 def (PVA) in (-4)
    3) Fabregas and Benteke out, Sanchez and 5.8 forward (Ulloa) in (-4)

Basically, I've decided that Fabregas will be my transfer out. The only players I'm considering to go with him to fund Alexis are Terry and Benteke. My nearest rival has both, and I'm trying to decide who could do more damage if I sell (I'm leading by 43 points, so I'm reluctant to lose either as they are good blockers).

Any thoughts on the above would be much appreciated. Even though I've played the game for years I've never done it for money, so things are tense.

If the person behind you has both Terry & Benteke then I think you'd be mad to get rid of them, especially for a -4. The safer option with your lead is to keep the blockers. Does your rival have Sanchez or any other Arsenal midfielder? And do they have Hazard? Fabregas to an Arsenal midfielder should be good enough in my opinion but worth keeping in mind that just because Hazard looks like playing doesn't mean that Sanchez won't still outscore him for the remainder of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Just noticed the deadline for gw38 is 11.30. Had hoped with all games kicking off at 15:00 and with them being on a Sunday it would have been something like 14:30 and we could have had team news. Banking a free transfer not as attractive now.

2fts to spend on a dgw, hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

What are peoples estimations re bellerin? Think he'll play every game? I mainly want him for the sunderland and west brom games but theyre the ones hes more likely to miss

MR NINE wrote: »
    What are peoples estimations re bellerin? Think he'll play every game? I mainly want him for the sunderland and west brom games but theyre the ones hes more likely to miss

I suppose if we beat ManU and secure top 3, Wenger could play Chambers instead of him. I personally expect Bellerin to start both of the DGW with Debuchy out

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    With Hazard now set to play, and I'd expect to start, the space for the punt midfielder is limited.

I'm full circle and back at banking and playing

Mig
    Terry, Kos, PVA (Huth, Wolly)
    Hazard, Sanchez (c), Ramsey, Albrighton (Bolasie)
    Kane, Aguero, Benteke

The only things worth considering are
    Mig to Panti
    Bolasie to Punt Mid and bench Albrighton
    Kane to any forward....Defoe....Costa!?

I'm already Hazardless myself. My squad is:

Myhill
    Ivanovic - Dawson - Schlupp - Skrtel - PVA
    Ozil - Sanchez - Silva - Henderbus - Phillips
    N'Doye - Benteke - Aguero

Any other given week and I'd bank it or be moving N'Doye on but Hull will be scrapping. I could bank it yet. Arsenal are tricky to predict as the outcome of the United game will be crucial on what happens against Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Myhill

Any other given week and I'd bank it or be moving N'Doye on but Hull will be scrapping. I could bank it yet. Arsenal are tricky to predict as the outcome of the United game will be crucial on what happens against Sunderland.

I'm giving ndoye one more week spurs have the 4th worst defensive record in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

If the person behind you has both Terry & Benteke then I think you'd be mad to get rid of them, especially for a -4. The safer option with your lead is to keep the blockers.

Agreed, hence my reluctance.

Does your rival have Sanchez or any other Arsenal midfielder? And do they have Hazard? Fabregas to an Arsenal midfielder should be good enough in my opinion but worth keeping in mind that just because Hazard looks like playing doesn't mean that Sanchez won't still outscore him for the remainder of the season.

As of GW36 his Arsenal players were Monreal and Cazorla (to my Bellerin and Ozil). He's made two transfers, and I haven't been able to guess from the money in his bank whether he might have gotten Sanchez in. I'm worried that he may have.

If I managed to bring Sanchez in it would be a win-win as a) if he has transferred him in, I've now blocked that route to making up points and b) if he has not, then Sanchez would be an amazing differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Aguero and Vardy out,
    Giroud and Defoe in.

5 for the DGW.

• Advertisement

Who do people think is best for the last two weeks as a punt, Gerrard or Mata? Utd have Arsenal at home and Hull away, while Pool have palace at home and Stoke away. Leaning towards Stevie G

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dónal wrote: »
    Who do people think is best for the last two weeks as a punt, Gerrard or Mata? Utd have Arsenal at home and Hull away, while Pool have palace at home and Stoke away. Leaning towards Stevie G

To give Gerrard a big send off his last match may well be at home so I would say Mata.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sterling -> Ozil for a mini gamble.

I now have Sanchez, Ramsey and Ozil for the gameweek. PVA and Panti too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Is it worth doing Vardy to Defoe for free? Have PVA, Bellerin, Sanchez and Giroud as DGWers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Went with Defoe and Ozil in for Fabregas and kane with my 2 FT. Will bench vardy, would rather have him over kane for the final GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Myhill

Hard to call a move there.

You could get an Arsenal def but Skrtel v Palace is better than decent.

Henderson would be my least favourite of your starters. But what you might do depends what you have in the bank and being wary of not painting yourself into a corner next week.

Ndoye could be a little star this week but chances are you'll want rid next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

In one of my pay leagues there's 2 points separating the top three (i'm in third) they both have Sanchez and will more than likely captain him.

I already have three Arsenal - Ospina, Bellerin, Ozil. (+PVA for Sun)

Should I take a 4 point hit to move Ozil & Benteke out for Sanchez & Defoe?

FHFC wrote: »
    Hard to call a move there.

You could get an Arsenal def but Skrtel v Palace is better than decent.

Henderson would be my least favourite of your starters. But what you might do depends what you have in the bank and being wary of not painting yourself into a corner next week.

Ndoye could be a little star this week but chances are you'll want rid next week.

Yeah I just don't know.

Giroud will probably go and score about 40 goals.

I might as well go full Prodston though with only 2 weeks to go...

...and I'm back to Walcott :pac:

• Advertisement

...and I'm back to Walcott :pac:

I'd rather Wilshere as a cheeky punt Mr.P

Advertisement