Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 37 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

As it stands, apart from Sanchez, who is the most desirable Arsenal mid for the DGW?

Also, are people getting rid of Hazard? Without a hit, I can only get an Arsenal mid by dumping one of Silva or Hazard. Based on Jose's comments, I'm thinking of Ramsey/Caz/Ozil in for Hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

As it stands, apart from Sanchez, who is the most desirable Arsenal mid for the DGW?

Also, are people getting rid of Hazard? Without a hit, I can only get an Arsenal mid by dumping one of Silva or Hazard. Based on Jose's comments, I'm thinking of Ramsey/Caz/Ozil in for Hazard.

It's a tough one. I'm in the same boat - either Silva or Hazard would have to make way for another Arsenal mid, and it's hard to part with either of them. I think I'll be waiting until later in the week to hear if Mourinho has anything else to say.

Having watched the match last night I'd be going for Ramsey of any of them, Caz and Ozil were both involved but Ramsey definitely looked the most likely to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Tempted to take a hit to get DGW Gomez in!

Henderson or Hazard for the chopping block?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil in that order imo

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Theo, Theo Walcott. Theo, Theo Walcott :D Let's do this people!

kQH6cco.gif

Next seaosn mr p
    Next season
    Already had him for way too long this season !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Though Caz was very poor last night. Would swap him and Ozil there. But Ramsey definately ahead of either.

Right I still have no clue what I'll do
    Options in my mind are
    1. Ivan to pVA and Henderson to Ramsey -4
    2. Henderson to Gomez
    3. Henderson to Gomez and mata to Ramsey -4
    4. Mata to cazorla
    5. Alderweireld or smalling to pVA
    I'm also tempted to do nothing :D
    I already have bellerin and Sanchez and am leaning more and more to number 5
    Mata and Henderson have decent fixtures left and even though Ivan has been stink I think he will get a big haul last game and may get clean sheet this week too
    Aaaaaaggggggghhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Though Caz was very poor last night. Would swap him and Ozil there. But Ramsey definately ahead of either.

At least Cazorla took shots (7 of them) and is on pens. I don't think Ozil had one shot or more than 5 touches in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'd better not let Walcott turn into a Kramaric situation and let it escalate seeing as nobody is even entertaining the idea.

Spoilsports :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd better not let Walcott turn into a Kramaric situation and let it escalate seeing as nobody is even entertaining the idea.

Spoilsports :(

I can see him starting next Wednesday. I'm a conservative player so wouldn't go for it myself though.

I certainly don't think Giroud will start three games in a week ahead of the cup final. I also don't think Ramsey will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Id go ozil, ramsey, cazorla. I prefer ozil as he is most likely of the 3 to start both games and he wont be moved back to a deeper position like ramsey could be. Ramsey is the most dynamic of the 3 and if I knew he would start both games in that right sided position Id go for him. Wilshire wellbeck walcott all in contention to eat into ramseys minutes or force him to play deeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lemlin wrote: »
    I can see him starting next Wednesday. I'm a conservative player so wouldn't go for it myself though.

I certainly don't think Giroud will start three games in a week ahead of the cup final. I also don't think Ramsey will.

If United win on Sunday he'd basically have no choice but to!

I'm seriously, seriously tempted by Walcott too. I've already got Ramsey and Sanchez (And Panti and PVA for that matter), so I'm struggling of where to go next.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I still have Terry, Ivan and Hazard.

I suspect Terry will start, regardless of rotation, given that he is the captain. If Zouma is still injured, Ivan could still feature, leaving Hazard as the only potential casualty.

However having all three in the team for the final game of the season could give me an edge - I suspect Chelsea could run riot at home to a Sunderland team that could already be down or indeed safe. Jose has commented that his starters will play in this match.

So on that basis, I will hold onto all three, perhaps take a hit this week on hopefully only Hazard. That said, I'll still start all three and let the subs come in if needed - I will have Clyne, Wasilewski and Zaha on the bench, probably in that order.

Didn't someone have a method before of being able to tell your opponent's transfer based on their team value?

Would be handy for me this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Didn't someone have a method before of being able to tell your opponent's transfer based on their team value?

FHFC he was stalking me for a few weeks. My season has gone down the drain the last 2 weeks so he doesn't bother anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Yes.

1. You have to note their current team value and how much they have in the bank.
    2. Then follow which players are rising/dropping each day.
    3. You can work out how much they bought each of their player for by cross-correlating their transfer history (note when and at what time they made the transfer - is it before or after 2:30 am when price changes occur -) with the "Price Changes" tab from FISO.
    4. By combining steps 2 & 3 you know how much they can sell each of their player for.

Step 1 is the most important so that you have a basis to work on. Therefore, when they make a transfer you can note the difference it/they will make in their team value and bank. Be careful to take into account price changes if their players are affected.

You can finally guesstimate which players they may have transferred in. If you did step 1 before they made a transfer and went through steps 2-4 thoroughly you should only have a couple of transfer possibilities to exactly match their new team value / cash in the bank.

iroced wrote: »
    Yes.

1. You have to note their current team value and how much they have in the bank.
    2. Then follow which players are rising/dropping each day.
    3. You can work out how much they bought each of their player for by cross-correlating their transfer history (note when and at what time they made the transfer - is it before or after 2:30 am when price changes occur -) with the "Price Changes" tab from FISO.
    4. By combining steps 2 & 3 you know how much they can sell each of their player for.

Step 1 is the most important so that you have a basis to work on. Therefore, when they make a transfer you can note the difference it/they will make in their team value and bank. Be careful to take into account price changes if their players are affected.

You can finally guesstimate which players they may have transferred in. If you did step 1 before they made a transfer and went through steps 2-4 thoroughly you should only have a couple of transfer possibilities to exactly match their new team value / cash in the bank.

The thorough, original copyrighted version.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91325590 :D

You don't need to watch price rises, just note the bank and team value figure each morning till they make the transfer then you have the numbers you need.

Then it's a bit of educated guess work verified as outlined by iroced and a calculate to give you the value of the incoming player. If you have Differential FPL you don't even need FISO as it has the daily prices change history on the app.

Terms and conditions apply. Royalty payment of €2 per transfer calculated payable to FHFC. ;)

The thorough, original copyrighted version.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91325590 :D

You don't need to watch price rises, just note the bank and team value figure each morning till they make the transfer then you have the numbers you need.

Then it's a bit of educated guess work verified as outlined by iroced and a calculate to give you the value of the incoming player. If you have Differential FPL you don't even need FISO as it has the daily prices change history on the app.

Terms and conditions apply. Royalty payment of €2 per transfer calculated payable to FHFC. ;)

Hey you! I see your original copyright version dates from 7th July 2014. I'm doing it for 3 years at least :D :pac:. Aaaah these young lads :rolleyes: :P :pac:...

About price rises you're right and phrased better what I wanted to say. Though if you missed step1 before they made their transfer, watching carefully price changes may help recover it ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Despite my best intentions I have only 1 transfer coming into this GW, and I promised myself no hits so I might be light on DGW players. Thinking of Fabregas out, Ramsey in. That would leave me with Bellerin, Ozil, and Ramsey as my DGW players. I'm not entirely certain that Ramsey will play both matches, but I'm also not convinced Fabregas will play against WBA after Mourinho's comments about the match.

Hey you! I see your original copyright version dates from 7th July 2014. I'm doing it for 3 years at least :D :pac:. Aaaah these young lads :rolleyes: :P :pac:...

About price rises you're right and phrased better what I wanted to say. Though if you missed step1 before they made their transfer, watching carefully price changes may help recover it ;).

Hey. It don't matter if you had an old timer half assed way of working it out. It matters who brought it onto the mass market in a step by step fail safe guide!!

Modernisation and progress old chap, I'll be launching my app for android and iphone for next season!! :D

• Advertisement

I'm now so confused I don't know if I'll make any !
    don't think PVA will outscore any of my defenders 2 games or not !
    Henderson mata and Kane all have decent fixtures so also not sure Ramsey or giroud will outscore them when -4 is factored in !
    mignolet to ospina is something I'm looking at even though I have bellerin !
    might keep the 2 for the last week.......

Hey. It don't matter if you had an old timer half assed way of working it out. It matters who brought it onto the mass market in a step by step fail safe guide!!

Modernisation and progress old chap, I'll be launching my app for android and iphone for next season!! :D
    I actually did have some chat about it in the past in here you cheeky young padawan :p.

But I must admit your tutorial is top quality :cool:. Don't know how I missed it. I guess it was too early in the season for me. Ah yeah now I remember what a dramatic last min entrance I made in the FSA Premier league :p :rolleyes: :pac:...

Oh by the way I often rightly guesstimated 2, 3 and even 4 transfers from my rivals last year! And it definitely helped me winning it :D. Though I may not have to be too much proud of it :rolleyes: :pac:...

I actually did have some chat about it in the past in here you cheeky young padawan :p.

But I must admit your tutorial is top quality :cool:. Don't know how I missed it. I guess it was too early in the season for me. Ah yeah now I remember what a dramatic last min entrance I made in the FSA Premier league :p :rolleyes: :pac:...

Oh by the way I often rightly guesstimated 2, 3 and even 4 transfers from my rivals last year! And it definitely helped me winning it :D. Though I may not have to be too much proud of it :rolleyes: :pac:...

I has heard legends about a system during my rookie year, but being an engineer i was compelled to sit down one night and work it out from first principles. :)

It's actually more fun for just freaking people out, especially if you happen to spot they've just made the transfer on a Friday night. Quick text message...."see you've just sold Vardy for Giroud...risky!" They'll be checkin behind the sofa!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

I has heard legends about a system during my rookie year, but being an engineer i was compelled to sit down one night and work it out from first principles. :)

It's actually more fun for just freaking people out, especially if you happen to spot they've just made the transfer on a Friday night. Quick text message...."see you've just sold Vardy for Giroud...risky!" They'll be checkin behind the sofa!! :D

If someone sent that to me I would be certain they had hacked into my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Have Bellerin, Kos and Giroud as my three Arsenal.

No obvious captains there, but i think a 4 point hit at this stage just feels like overkill

edging closer to just doing mignolet to ospina
    all the other options require a -4 and selling players I don't want to sell
    the only other option left really now is Henderson to Gomez but I just don't know about that either

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

screw it. I've won all the private leagues I wanted to win, i might just bring in 3 Sunderland players for a -8

Defoe, Gomez rising very soon - Bring them in for Kane/Vardy and Cambiasso (who has been an almighty fail). I should have trusted FHFC on Albrighton lol ;)

PvA for Dawson

And make the game on Wednesday night something to really enjoy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Cambiasso to Gomez or Larsson?

jive wrote: »
    Cambiasso to Gomez or Larsson?
    Larsson used to be a decent FPL player for short to mid-term periods of time. He's been completely anonymous this season. Don't know if he changed position... He seems to have faded these last couple of years but I haven't really watched Sunderland enough to really have an opinion...
    Gomez had a great return with 2 penos 2 GWs ago. But hasn't done much all season. He got an assist last GW so he's on a bit of a good run. Could be a DGW gamble.

• Advertisement

Can anyone see a transfer in this:

Myhill
    Pva (x2), Bertrand, Kos (x2)
    Hazard, Sanchez (x2), Silva, Mata
    Aguero, Kane, Giroud (x2)
    Foster, Wolly, Cork, Baird
    0.4 mil in the bank.

I'm thinking about just banking. I thought about Myhill to Panti but I already have PVA and Sunderland have only one decent fixture, and even that is against Leicester who are second in the form table to Chelsea.

Advertisement