Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 37 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Sanchez is Aguero-like explosive though, which he's showed multiple times this season. What if Ramsey doesn't start against Sunderland for some reason and Sanchez hits a hat trick? I don't think it's worth the risk personally

But what if Sanchez doesn't start against Sunderland for some reason and Ramsey gets a hattrick!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

mignolet to ospina if I already have bellerin?
    or just save ?
    I'm gone off every other option now
    just seen this too http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/danny-welbeck-hands-arsenal-fitness-5691939

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

jimmii wrote: »
    But what if Sanchez doesn't start against Sunderland for some reason and Ramsey gets a hattrick!

You'd make up huge ground, but that's much more unlikely than the reverse. I don't even think Ramsey has scored more than a couple braces

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You'd make up huge ground, but that's much more unlikely than the reverse. I don't even think Ramsey has scored more than a couple braces

Maybe i'll bring in Ramsey so when he scores a hatty i'll catch you up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

@ FHFC. If you're chasing and are willing to go for it I think this is the "perfect" week to bench Hazard and take a punt on Mata.

I mean, if you don't care too much about your final OR what is the risk anyway? The lads ahead of you will be a lot more reluctant to play the same tactics since they have a lot to lose. This is not your case. Like Prodston said, if you don't try something, you have no hope of reducing this gap. We're not talking about 5-10 pts which could be easily overturned with a single outstanding performance from one of your differential player and/or from your GW38 captain. 30-50 pts are big gaps. You have to try something different.

Unfortunately, as you said, no one really stands out for this GW bar the Arsenal lads that you already have.

Your other option could be to get Panti for one of your GK and double up on Sunderland defence (if your rivals don't own him). To be fair I'm not sure it is a good idea but considering the lack of stand-out midfield options, if it works you'll definitely cut the gap. Panti generally makes plenty of saves. We had outstanding GK returns lately. Myhill, Adrian, Harper, Fabianski, Green, all got double digits scores lately. Why not Panti? A CS against Leicester and a ton of saves in the Arsenal game is something not completely over the top? And why couldn't he save a peno like many of his mates lately :P?

Then captaining Ramsey...? Why not? I don't think we'll know anyway how much he or any other Arsenal mids is guaranteed to play ttheir next 3 games and their result at Old Trafford will deeply impact it anyway. So if you have a gut feeling about it go for it. Again you have nothing to lose.

Personally I'd rather go the Mata and/or Panti road but I'm not enough of a gambler yet :p...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sanchez is Aguero-like explosive though, which he's showed multiple times this season. What if Ramsey doesn't start against Sunderland for some reason and Sanchez hits a hat trick? I don't think it's worth the risk personally

Mr P. Make the bad man stop talking....... :confused::confused::confused:

jimmii wrote: »
    Maybe i'll bring in Ramsey so when he scores a hatty i'll catch you up again!

You can finish one point below me and we'll both go up to FSA League 2 together. Deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Was just thinking of going Hazard -> Sanchez off the back of the talk on here. It's mad that there's 1m price between the two!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »

Ziegler is right and most times sanchez will outscore Ramsey but I can see why you may go Ramsey. I'll probably be taking my captaincy punt in gw 38 depending how this week goes.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Was just thinking of going Hazard -> Sanchez off the back of the talk on here. It's mad that there's 1m price between the two!
    Only £0.3m. Ah the joy of the price changes system :p...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I command you to captain Ramsey. You may think I've slacked off from Director of Football duties but I've simply been watching from afar, letting you stand on your own 2 legs for a while :)

Who cares about overall rank really, if you don't at least try and go for it then you can't overtake them. No shame in taking a punt at this stage. If it works you could pull back 20+ points and be primed for an overtake on the final straight. If it doesn't work, you can look yourself in the mirror and say you tried, which is more than can be said to those playing it safe, counting down the days until they can hit the beach.

The Prodston way, it can't always be wrong :D

I do agree. OR is worth forsaking if its to try and win cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Invincible

Shedite27 wrote: »

What???
    There's only 0.3M between them at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »

Ramsey has shown he's Sanchez like explosive last season and can be Ramsey like explosive this season if he hadn't been injured for large parts of it. He's back playing games, starting consistently and looking threatening.

Of course due to ownership etc Sanchez is the play by the numbers options, Ramsey offers something different, a little more pizzaz to proceedings. Riskier yes, but isn't that part of it. If we knew who was going to score and when then this game would be straightforward. But we don't. Hazard was the nailed on option for the last DGW and he did diddly squat. he was the sensible option and few alternatives did anything so there was no problems.

If you're leading a league, holding off opposition and trying to consolidate then Sanchez is your man but Rambo is a beacon of hope in this late season race to the end.

I know who I'd choose in a pursuit of the fat cats. Every so often the little man gets a win. It could be this week. It may not but if you've got nothing to lose and everything to win then why not. Pride is overrated.

:)

I suppose if you're 40 points or more down and really have nothing to lose then go for Rambo, Cazorla, Giroud captain but 20 points or so could be pulled back with Sanchez(c) and your differentials. Ramsey is my favourite Arsenal player so I'd be delighted to be singing this three times over the next week :)

https://youtu.be/DZUcg8vGzXY

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Despite my resolution not to take a hit, I'm now strongly considering one (especially since my rival has taken one, so really it'd even us out...)

My initial thinking was Fabregas out, Ramsey in...I'm now tempted by Mignolet and Hazard out, Panti and Sanchez in. Then I'd bring Hazard back in for the last day of the season.

It's risky, because it'd give me zero flexibility on the final game of the season with my transfer - I don't like having it predetermined when anything could happen this week.

Any thoughts? Currently my only DGW players are Bellerin and Ozil.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Despite my resolution not to take a hit, I'm now strongly considering one (especially since my rival has taken one, so really it'd even us out...)

My initial thinking was Fabregas out, Ramsey in...I'm now tempted by Mignolet and Hazard out, Panti and Sanchez in. Then I'd bring Hazard back in for the last day of the season.

It's risky, because it'd give me zero flexibility on the final game of the season with my transfer - I don't like having it predetermined when anything could happen this week.

Any thoughts? Currently my only DGW players are Bellerin and Ozil.

That's exactly what I did too.

30 point lead to defend and opponent has Giroud. What's the better option?

A. Vardy and Ramsey (no hit).
    B. Mahrez and Giroud to block opponent (4 point hit).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lemlin wrote: »

B definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I would say A, I think Ramsey will outscore Giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

A no doubt about it
    giroud is not worth -4 on Ramsey. he will not play start both games and prob won't finish the one he does!

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    A no doubt about it
    giroud is not worth -4 on Ramsey. he will not play start both games and prob won't finish the one he does!

Even when protecting a lead though? My worry is Giroud gets a goal in both games, Ramsey gets nought and the 30 point lead is evaporated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

BREAKING: Everton defender Leighton Baines ruled out until start of pre-season after ankle surgery. More on #SSNHQ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

iroced wrote: »
    Only £0.3m. Ah the joy of the price changes system :p...
    Invincible wrote: »
    What???
    There's only 0.3M between them at present.

Blonde moment from myself :o

Hazard's resale value for myself is 10.6; forgot that he's a lot more to buy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Invincible

BREAKING: Everton defender Leighton Baines ruled out until start of pre-season after ankle surgery. More on #SSNHQ

Has him some weeks back, will probably be with another club when fit after op.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Thinking of getting Ramsey in as my 3rd Arsenal player instead of Giroud. Bellerin, Sanchez & Ramsey. Madness or popular choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Popular choice i would assume

Anyone tempted by Gerrard?

Thinking of getting Ramsey in as my 3rd Arsenal player instead of Giroud. Bellerin, Sanchez & Ramsey. Madness or popular choice?

Two mids and a defender will be the template for Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Popular choice i would assume

Anyone tempted by Gerrard?

Considering it as it is his last home game and bound to take a penalty instead of Hendo to get his last goal. Worth a gamble if you are trying to make ground on the league leaders otherwise best to focus on DGW players.

Lemlin wrote: »

I presume this means you can't get Giroud without a 4 pts hit?

It's the classic dilemma when you're leading. Safest option would be B. Wait for Wenger press conference and hope for news regarding Welbeck fitness. I think Wenger won't rotate too much anyway since Arsenal will absolutely want to avoid the 4th position. And the best way to do it is avoid losing at Old Trafford and beat Sunderland so that they can ease off for GW38 eyeing for the Cup final. And to do so I don't see why Wenger would not field his current A team.

I think the stat that it was the first time since 1996 that he fielded the same starting XI 5 times in a row is largely due to the many injuries Arsenal suffered (at least in the past couple of years - I don't really remember what it was like during the Overmars & Bergkamp era :p -).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kane or Austin out for Defoe ???

Kane or specifically Spurs are on auto pilot but it is there last home game so I'm sure Spurs will want to finish on a high in front of their own fans

Austin hasn't done much of late and qpr are dreadful but sometimes when a relegation is confirmed the pressure is removed and the team can relax and have been known to suddenly start playing like superstars

Advertisement