Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 37 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

If I switch Kane for Defoe, I have 8.2m for an Arsenal mid. That's a bit short of Caz, Ramsey, and Ozil, but is exactly the right amount for Theo! I'm suddenly getting a crazy idea! Or else an inspired move, can't figure out which!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

km79 wrote: »
    I'm resigned to him not playing next week but no way I am selling him before the Sunderland home game on the last day!
    I might bench him or just accept his cameo and hope he scores in it!

Some big decisions to be made. I don't know if I could live with myself if I sold him now and then he hit a hat trick against Sunderland

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Some big decisions to be made. I don't know if I could live with myself if I sold him now and then he hit a hat trick against Sunderland

he will be very very fresh for their last home game when they pick up their trophy.......his first league title with Chelsea.......double digit score .......he is a big captaincy option in my eyes anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

he will be very very fresh for their last home game when they pick up their trophy.......his first league title with Chelsea.......double digit score .......he is a big captaincy option in my eyes anyway

Certainly if Sunderland are safe by then it could be a big score.

I think Aguero will run away with the captaincy that GW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I think Aguero will run away with the captaincy that GW

I dunno Southampton don't concede big

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is Jordi Gomez a defensive mid? Would it be madness getting him in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭touts

Thinking of getting rid of Kane. He has completely switched off. The last thing he had to play for this season was golden boot but Aguero's hat trick this week basically put an end to that. Think I'll gamble on Defoe. Sunderland look poised to go on a Leicester and they looked a lot better in the second half on Saturday when Defoe was pushed up front.

What could destroy that plan is Ramsey. He is listed as 50% chance of playing this week. If he doesn't play then he has to be a major doubt for the remaining matches this year. He doesn't tend to do simple knocks. When he gets injured he is generally out for weeks or months. With nothing left to play for this year Wenger might just leave him out and avoid the risk of turning a minor injury into a serious injury that would impact on the start of next season. It will be interesting to see what happens this evening. If he doesn't play I think I'll get rid of him for another Arsenal player and that'll be my sub for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭touts

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Is Jordi Gomez a defensive mid? Would it be madness getting him in?

He is on penalties and seemed to be a lot more attacking in the last couple of games. I got him in last week.

If I switch Kane for Defoe, I have 8.2m for an Arsenal mid. That's a bit short of Caz, Ramsey, and Ozil, but is exactly the right amount for Theo! I'm suddenly getting a crazy idea! Or else an inspired move, can't figure out which!

So only Mr. P thanked this post. I'm going to assume that puts it in the category of 'crazy idea' then!

[no offence Mr. P!:)]

• Advertisement

So only Mr. P thanked this post. I'm going to assume that puts it in the category of 'crazy idea' then!

[no offence Mr. P!:)]

Never a good sign.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Have one Sunderland and three arsenal players so I might be boring and bank it so I can make two changes without punishment on the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Wait and ye'll see, ye'll all see when Theo scores a hat-trick against Sunderland :D Seriously I am considering taking the punt if it looks like he may have a chance of starting that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Option A Aguero>Giroud
    Option B Sterling & Kane>Larsson & Giround (-4)

Already have Defoe & Panti so I would be very exposed to Sunderland if I take B.

jimmii wrote: »
    Option A Aguero>Giroud
    Option B Sterling & Kane>Larsson & Giround (-4)

Already have Defoe & Panti so I would be very exposed to Sunderland if I take B.

Definitely B for me.

It doesn't have to be a Sunderland player you bring in though, does it? It could be someone you think will do well on the final GW.

Heres a question. Kane seems to be completely switched off, I have a strong urge to get rid of him. Hull will be fighting for their survival literally at WHL.

Defoe seems an obvious option however I'm not so sure about Sunderland fowards, in terms of their ability to score goals, their form and their fixtures.

So if I want to get rid of Kane for the last two gameweeks who would you go for? I have a budget of up to £10m.

Only restrictions are that I am Arensal-ed out so no Giroud, and I have and will be keeping Aguero and Benteke.

Go for it!

FHFC wrote: »
    Heres a question. Kane seems to be completely switched off, I have a strong urge to get rid of him. Hull will be fighting for their survival literally at WHL.

Defoe seems an obvious option however I'm not so sure about Sunderland fowards, in terms of their ability to score goals, their form and their fixtures.

So if I want to get rid of Kane for the last two gameweeks who would you go for? I have a budget of up to £10m.

Only restrictions are that I am Arensal-ed out so no Giroud, and I have and will be keeping Aguero and Benteke.

Go for it!

What about a leicester forward? Also fighting for survival, in great form, and play Sunderland and QPR in their last games.

What about a leicester forward? Also fighting for survival, in great form, and play Sunderland and QPR in their last games.

Maybe! Have Albrighton and Huth already, but Liecester are the golden ticket these days. Ulloa back in form big time, even getting flukey assists at the weekend for heading down to Mahrez who goes on a run and hits a sreamer!

Go for it!

Mame Biram Diouf.

Stoke have been on holidays for months so could be waking up again. A goal at the weekend. Burnley away and Liverpool at home.

It's something a little different :)

Mame Biram Diouf.

Stoke have been on holidays for months so could be waking up again. A goal at the weekend. Burnley away and Liverpool at home.

It's something a little different :)

Also good. A lot of negatives getting a player with nothing to play for, but it does appear nobody will have anything to play for GW38.

What about Rooney? Am very tempted by Mata for GW38 though with United always capable of goals and a (potentially) demoralised recently relegated Hull.

• Advertisement

Go for it!

Lukaku, Ayoze/Cisse, and Austin are ones that come to mind if you aren't interested in another Leicester attacker

Also good. A lot of negatives getting a player with nothing to play for, but it does appear nobody will have anything to play for GW38.

What about Rooney? Am very tempted by Mata for GW38 though with United always capable of goals and a (potentially) demoralised recently relegated Hull.

Rooney does like to score against both Arsenal and Hull but I don't know. He won't be on penalties anyway and if Hull are still alive in GW38 it's risky. Probably a better bet than Diouf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Go for it!

I'm in the exact same boat as you but with only £8.3m. If I was a braver man/had a bigger lead than 9 points, then I'd take a punt on Cisse. Newcastle may be rubbish but he's scored 11 goals this season despite missing loads of it through injury & suspension. QPR away & West Ham at home are decent fixtures as neither team has anything to play for & West Ham look to have been on holidays for a while now.

I'm not too keen on a Sunderland striker but would probably be a safer option with the extra game.

I'm in the exact same boat as you but with only £8.3m. If I was a braver man/had a bigger lead than 9 points, then I'd take a punt on Cisse. Newcastle may be rubbish but he's scored 11 goals this season despite missing loads of it through injury & suspension. QPR away & West Ham at home are decent fixtures as neither team has anything to play for & West Ham look to have been on holidays for a while now.

I'm not too keen on a Sunderland striker but would probably be a safer option with the extra game.

Just saw this:

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 14m14 minutes ago
    While the #NUFC coach confirmed Cisse "won't be ready to start" at Loftus Road next weekend

Definitely B for me.

It doesn't have to be a Sunderland player you bring in though, does it? It could be someone you think will do well on the final GW.

Anyone up to 5.3 not much for that sort of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Go for it!

I'd wait a week and make 2 on the last week.

jimmii wrote: »
    Anyone up to 5.3 not much for that sort of money!

Perez from Newcastle? 4.3m, and has 2 goals in last 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Willing to take point hits this week to have me set for GW38. 1FT and 1.0m in the bank.

d25daa123404e1c881f0f05f28604dfb.png

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

What Arsenal defender would be most likely to play the remaining 3 fixtures? Money isn't an issue, so leaning towards Mertesacker.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Perez from Newcastle? 4.3m, and has 2 goals in last 3.

Larsson has 50% more games to score points from though! I'm a sucker for a DGW!

Advertisement