Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 37 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

My season is imploding. Need to get rid of Rooney (dont ask)...but not tempted to take a 4 to get Aguero in. Plenty of thinking to do...and am not very motivated to do that thinking!
    Do you have Giroud? If not that'd be the quickest/safest/no-thinking-est transfer to make ;).
    FHFC wrote: »
    Heres a question. Kane seems to be completely switched off, I have a strong urge to get rid of him. Hull will be fighting for their survival literally at WHL.

Defoe seems an obvious option however I'm not so sure about Sunderland fowards, in terms of their ability to score goals, their form and their fixtures.

So if I want to get rid of Kane for the last two gameweeks who would you go for? I have a budget of up to £10m.

Only restrictions are that I am Arensal-ed out so no Giroud, and I have and will be keeping Aguero and Benteke.

Go for it!
    As Ziegler said, Hull will have to go forward so this should open space for Kane. And who knows... 2 early goals and his confidence is back up and Hull's one goes six feet under and he could run riot to try and catch Agüero for golden boot :p(yah I like fantasies :p).

More seriously, considering that I'd follow Busts advice
    I'd wait a week and make 2 on the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Perez from Newcastle? 4.3m, and has 2 goals in last 3.

I was planning to. But I have a bit of Kane rage after that inept mess that was Spurs at the weekend.

I think with Mata on pens now I will almost certainly want him in, I may even get him for Bolasie this week and play 352!

But yeah, some good sense from yourself and Iroced. Surest thing when I do get shot of Kane is he'll score a brace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Personally, I would only switch Kane this GW to Giroud or Aguero for free. I can't believe I might let Kane punish me again, but it's damned if you do damned if you don't with both him and Giroud likely to be >60% ownership top 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I was planning to. But I have a bit of Kane rage after that inept mess that was Spurs at the weekend.

I think with Mata on pens now I will almost certainly want him in, I may even get him for Bolasie this week and play 352!

But yeah, some good sense from yourself and Iroced. Surest thing when I do get shot of Kane is he'll score a brace.

Just let me know what you do then, so I can do the opposite!

Also trying to decide what to do with Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Looks like my only option this week is to bring in Giroud. I have Sanchez and Ozil already and there are way too many of ye around me in various mini leagues with Giroud already so will have to do a blocking transfer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If Giroud were to go wild tonight then I may have to consider getting him. Emphasis on consider...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Surely Kane is worth keeping for this GW at least? At home to Hull and there isn't a whole load of other options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Invincible

What Arsenal defender would be most likely to play the remaining 3 fixtures? Money isn't an issue, so leaning towards Mertesacker.

I'd go for Koscielny.

Surely Kane is worth keeping for this GW at least? At home to Hull and there isn't a whole load of other options out there.
    On paper it's a no brainer. His recent form (and Spurs one in general lately) is worrying. But not sure a 4 pts hit (unless it's your only transfer area for the DGW) would be wise here (unless it's for Giroud and we know Welbeck won't feature) since the last GW could see some big rotations and thus your 4 pts hit may not feature in the last game.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Invincible wrote: »
    I'd go for Koscielny.

He's had trouble with injury this season so I'd be worried he'd be given one of the games off.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Vardy --> Defoe done

Vardy did really well for me so I'll be sad to see him go but you can't say no to a dgw player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Was thinking Kane to Defoe but not sure now.

Now I'm thinking Cambiasso to Larsson or Gomez. That means i would have to drop hazard or Henderson given my other midfielders are arsenal.

Someone show me the light; seems like hazard is going to be rested anyway but very risky move to bench him. Henderson has a kind fixture, can actually see him picking up points there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Done Alder to PVA is it worth Defoe to Vardy/Kane for the DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Starting to get itchy feet now.

Thinking of Sterling -> Larsson.

Liverpool's season looks to have completely fizzled out. I wanted to have faith in Sterling, but they just haven't been able to make it work without Sturridge!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Have 3 SUN and 2 ARS for the double. Not sure whether to get a third attacking player or a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Roonbox

I've got three Arsenal players and 1 Sunderland. The big question is do I take a -4 for a second Sunderland player? I've just taken the lead in my leagues for the first time in months so I'm treading carefully. Its a tiny lead too.

The Double Gameweeks have been good to me this year though so I am tempted to do the -4

• Registered Users Posts: 33,082 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I've 2 Arsenal and Sunderland but I'm considering banking it because I'm just not sure which Arsenal players are gonna play all the last 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Berty->Kolarov

already have 3 Arsenal and PVA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Invincible

manual_man wrote: »
    Berty->Kolarov

already have 3 Arsenal and PVA

Snap
    Just looking at his game time, hope Clichy doesn't come back in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Invincible wrote: »
    Snap
    Just looking at his game time, hope Clichy doesn't come back in for him.

he's on fire at the moment. i reckon he's safe... honestly i missed a trick by not making this transfer last week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Tough decisions to make this week all round it seems. Had initially planned on brining in giroud but that's out the window now. Have 2 FT 0.9m itb and a front 8 of:

Fab Haz Sanchez Sterling Silva

Aguero Kane Vardy

Now leaning towards vardy and fabregas out for defoe and ramsey/ozil. Would have gotten rid of Sterling but for the rotation issues at chelsea (fab not likely to score big anyway). Sterling has palace at home so if I make those transfers I'd actually bench Hazard who could be rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Green to Panti looking like my only one.

Still have my SOU duo at the back who I would love to get rid off but my rivals (I'm slightly ahead) also have 2 so there's no point me taking a hit to get rid.

Panti
    Terry Clyne Berty (Hutton Baird)
    Silva Sanchez Ramsey Coutinho
    (Cambiasso)
    Giroud Aguero Kane

Tempted to ship Kane but guy in second has him and he'll be more than likely making moves elsewhere.

Will prob take a hit to get Hazard back for final GW if I maintain my lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm actually tempted to bring Ramsey in for Silva and J.Gomes in for Hendo. City have Swansea away and Southampton at home, both teams good at the back so can't see too many goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I'm actually tempted to bring Ramsey in for Silva and J.Gomes in for Hendo. City have Swansea away and Southampton at home, both teams good at the back so can't see too many goals.

That is a brave move after Silvas 16 points and the fact that Southampton have conceded 2 goals a game against Stoke, Everton, Sunderland & Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

My rival has double Arsenal defence and would need to take a -4 to get a second attacker in so I will wait until the last minute to see what he does. If he sticks with the double defence, I'll feel the need to get a defender in, if not I may go with Ramsey as my third Arsenal player.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The missus has a 33 point lead and has Ospina, Ozil and Sanchez as her Arsenal players. Her rival has Ospina, Sanchez and Giroud.

Thinking about a 4 point hit to take out Ozil and bring in Giroud as a blocker. What do people think?

My own opinion is that Giroud may not start both games. He was rested for a midweek game earlier in the season and Sanchez/Walcott/Wellbeck (what's the story with him at the minute?) can all play up top.

But then he's the one player her rival has that could really hit her lead.

Lemlin wrote: »
    The missus has a 33 point lead and has Ospina, Ozil and Sanchez as her Arsenal players. Her rival has Ospina, Sanchez and Giroud.

Thinking about a 4 point hit to take out Ozil and bring in Giroud as a blocker. What do people think?

My own opinion is that Giroud may not start both games. He was rested for a midweek game earlier in the season and Sanchez/Walcott/Wellbeck (what's the story with him at the minute?) can all play up top.

But then he's the one player her rival has that could really hit her lead.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/595351993620799488

As for your missus, depends how much she wants to win her league. The blocker Giroud move could seal it for her but may not be the best move for best overall finish. It will depends a lot on whether Welbeck is 100% fit or not. He's not now. We should have updates about it during the week ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »

As for your missus, depends how much she wants to win her league. The blocker Giroud move could seal it for her but may not be the best move for best overall finish. It will depends a lot on whether Welbeck is 100% fit or not. He's not now. We should have updates about it during the week ;).

All that matters to her is the prize and this league. €500 in vouchers for the winner, only €250 for the runner up. That's a big difference in shopping bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »

I'd have a strong feeling Walcott will start up front for one of the dgw matches at the expense of Giroud. Almost afraid to say that in the earshot of a certain free spirited punt fancier of this parish though. ;)

I'm happy with my Arsenal three of Ramsey, Sanchez and Kos.

Thought Ramsey was the best of the bad bunch last night until he dropped back after Coq went off. Even then he had a chance or two.

Arsenals final ball was awful last night. How many crosses were straight at Fabianski!? And their corners were brutal. Hardly one that beat the first defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'd have a strong feeling Walcott will start up front for one of the dgw matches at the expense of Giroud. Almost afraid to say that in the earshot of a certain free spirited punt fancier of this parish though. ;)

I'm happy with my Arsenal three of Ramsey, Sanchez and Kos.

Thought Ramsey was the best of the bad bunch last night until he dropped back after Coq went off. Even then he had a chance or two.

Arsenals final ball was awful last night. How many crosses were straight at Fabianski!? And their corners were brutal. Hardly one that beat the first defender.

Theo, Theo Walcott. Theo, Theo Walcott :D Let's do this people!

kQH6cco.gif

Advertisement