Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 36 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

FHFC wrote: »
    Given the form and fixtures a Leicester attacker is probably still worth having. Siggy could be a good differential too although Swans don't have much to play for and fixtures not so great.

I'd agree with busts about there being no point chasing to get Myhill. If you want to free up cash for Sanchez I'd look at freeing it from that midfield.

Swansea are still putting in good performances and getting quite a few goals!

Monk has been banging on about achieving their best ever PL points tally, now that they achieved that they might be heading to the beach early - still they look like they are enjoying their football and scoring a couple of goals!

Brought in Sanchez and PVA for Sterling and Terry!

No hit taken as I had 2 FT's - considering 2 more transfers for an 8 point hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Swansea are still putting in good performances and getting quite a few goals!

Monk has been banging on about achieving their best ever PL points tally, now that they achieved that they might be heading to the beach early - still they look like they are enjoying their football and scoring a couple of goals!

Yeah, I knew that and think it could be a factor all right. Its the only reason I'd be considering Siggy or mentioning as an option for those with more than Albrighton money.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,118 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ncmc wrote: »
    Guys I’m sending myself crazy this week, ahead by 50 in my league but steadily losing ground every week. Am getting rid of Fab and Sterling this week to bring in Sanchez which leaves me 6.6 million for a mid fielder, I have Sanchez, Hazard, Downing and Puncheon. I already have Schlupp and Vardy so think Albrighton would be overkill on the Leicester front (though my nearest rival has him) Sigurdsson is within price range though he has a tough few fixtures coming up. Realistically whoever I buy this week, I plan to sell next week along with Aguero to get Giroud and Ramsey for the DGW.

So suggestions for a good midfielder for in and around 6.5 million?

50 points ahead, I would just be covering my rivals. What are their differentials apart from Albrighton?
    I wouldn't be getting rid of Aguero if they have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Neil3030 wrote: »
    347927.bmp

£2.4m in the bank.

Keeper: Neither have a great fixture for me this week. Then next week I have the head scratcher of playing Mig at home to Crystal Palace, or Panti in the DGW...

Defense: I suspect Terry will still play even if Jose roates later on, so perhaps Ivan will need to be shipped out, but I'll save that for next week as he has a nack of grabbing goals against stronger teams.

Midfield: Henderson is probably on thinnest ice, perhaps I could dump him for Ramsey.

Up front: Was considering Kane to Benteke, but as a Villa fan, I know that putting Benteke in the team will surely put the hex on him, so I'm staying away from that. Happy to keep Giroud for the ensuing DGW and Aguero at home to QPR.

So in sum, I am labouring over a change at keeper or swapping out Henderson to Ramsey. Any thoughts?

Henderson to Ramsey definitely seems the better out of those options. That'll leave you with no Arsenal for the Dgw, though, but three attackers is as valid an approach as any.

Edit: best to wait on definite injury news on Ramsey.

• Advertisement

ncmc wrote: »
    Guys I’m sending myself crazy this week, ahead by 50 in my league but steadily losing ground every week. Am getting rid of Fab and Sterling this week to bring in Sanchez which leaves me 6.6 million for a mid fielder, I have Sanchez, Hazard, Downing and Puncheon. I already have Schlupp and Vardy so think Albrighton would be overkill on the Leicester front (though my nearest rival has him) Sigurdsson is within price range though he has a tough few fixtures coming up. Realistically whoever I buy this week, I plan to sell next week along with Aguero to get Giroud and Ramsey for the DGW.

So suggestions for a good midfielder for in and around 6.5 million?

although Sterling hasn't been firing I would be keeping him in before Downing.

Can you move Downing on and get Grealish in?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chesty08 wrote: »
    although Sterling hasn't been firing I would be keeping him in before Downing.

Can you move Downing on and get Grealish in?

It's like Bolasie/Defoe all over again, everyone is getting in Grealish,

The fact that he hasn't score/got assist in the league seems to be going unnoticed by folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Is there still room on the Albrighton train?? Might hop on two weeks late...

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

What's the story with begovic. Has he lost his place or rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It's like Bolasie/Defoe all over again, everyone is getting in Grealish,

The fact that he hasn't score/got assist in the league seems to be going unnoticed by folk.
    I see him as a poor man's Jack Wilshere - can start some great moves and pick a great pass but terrible fantasy-wise as he's rarely delivering the final pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Can't decide on whether to bring in Sanchez or Ramsey (for Sterling) this week.

Sanchez quite expensive, so would limit my options a bit if I went for him. But Ramsey is orange flagged. I've seen quotes saying he's fine, but is there any chance he'll be rested?

Sanchez quite expensive, so would limit my options a bit if I went for him. But Ramsey is orange flagged. I've seen quotes saying he's fine, but is there any chance he'll be rested?

For me it's a matter of Ramsey as well as Sanchez, not instead of. Nobody could kill you more in the DGW than a heavily captained Sanchez. Considered going Rambo only but have both now.

As an owner I'm fairly hopeful Ramsey will be fine for Swansea, but I wouldn't bring him in, certainly not over Sanchez.

Wenger's press conference is tomorrow, usually early enough in the morning, so might be some clarity on Ramsey then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

For me it's a matter of Ramsey as well as Sanchez, not instead of.

That's my exact plan. Hendo is out for him next week. Had to take a -4 to downgrade my keeper to afford it but it'll be well worth it for the double, I reckon. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

For me it's a matter of Ramsey as well as Sanchez, not instead of. Nobody could kill you more in the DGW than a heavily captained Sanchez. Considered going Rambo only but have both now.

As an owner I'm fairly hopeful Ramsey will be fine for Swansea, but I wouldn't bring him in, certainly not over Sanchez.

Wenger's press conference is tomorrow, usually early enough in the morning, so might be some clarity on Ramsey then.

Cheers. Yeah, really just thinking of this week, I really want both before the DGW, but just trying to figure out the best way! Am struggling with a lack of cash.

Mig - Myhill
    Terry - Berty - Wooly - PVA - Okore
    Hazard - Silva - Hendo - Sterling - Boyd
    Aguero - Kane - Benteke

Hendo and Sterling are the two outstanding ones to move on. Can afford Ramsey + Ozil/Cazorla for them. Can only Ramsey + Sanchez in for Sterling and Hendo, if I also swap Terry out for Bellerin (maybe not a bad idea!).

Alternatively, I can keep Hendo, and Ramsey + Sanchez in for Sterling + Silva or Hazard.

I think you're right on Sanchez. Hadn't thought about the captaincy for the DGW, surely he'll be the outstadning choice. I think this week I'll go Sterling to Sanchez, and then see how the land lies before the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Sanchez is the better option this week and the DGW. It would take balls of steel to go without him, although it would have paid off that fateful February midweek against Leicester :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I presume we're all worried to an extent that players will be rested some week by Arsenal with the FA Cup final in mind, meaning the extra game may not be an extra game at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sanchez is the better option this week and the DGW. It would take balls of steel to go without him, although it would have paid off that fateful February midweek against Leicester :(

that was my first week owning him and he left a few few weeks later......he will be back this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    I presume we're all worried to an extent that players will be rested some week by Arsenal with the FA Cup final in mind, meaning the extra game may not be an extra game at all?

I'm not overly worried Wenger doesn't go into rotation as much as most from what I recall. Having said that I'll probably end up picking what I'd class as the safer options from potential rotation to go with sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ramsey 50/50 for Monday according to Wengers press conference. I was going to bring him in for Sterling but not going to risk it...time to look at Ozil or Cazorla.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Best way of getting in Giroud? 1FT and 0.8 in the bank

20e1e0e714c74548c24056b4fb9a7537.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Best way of getting in Giroud? 1FT and 0.8 in the bank

20e1e0e714c74548c24056b4fb9a7537.png

Downgrade sterling to Albrighton & upgrade Vardy to Giroud?

Your team is nearly exactly same as mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm not overly worried Wenger doesn't go into rotation as much as most from what I recall. Having said that I'll probably end up picking what I'd class as the safer options from potential rotation to go with sanchez.

There was some last year in the run up though right? Have Sanchez already, it's whether to add to that I'm unsure of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Downgrade sterling to Albrighton & upgrade Vardy to Giroud?

Your team is nearly exactly same as mine.

Don't you mean upgrade?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Benimar wrote: »
    Ramsey 50/50 for Monday according to Wengers press conference. I was going to bring him in for Sterling but not going to risk it...time to look at Ozil or Cazorla.

That's a bugger, I was planning the same transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Would appreciate some opinions folks. I'm in the Harps Cup Final so need some help as my opponent has his WC active.

Options are:

Option A: Sterling and Benteke (Kane Out)
    Option B: Silva and Kane (Sterling Out)
    Option C: Silva and Giroud (Sterling Out)
    Option D: Silva and Benteke (-4) (Sterling and Giroud out)

Current forwards are Kane, Giroud and Aguero. I'm scared not going with Benteke :(

Team is:

Mig

Terry Bellerin Schlupp PVA Wolly

Hazard Sanchez Henderson Sterling Boyd

Kane Giroud Aguero

That's a bugger, I was planning the same transfer.

I have spoken to #AFC to clarify the availability of Ramsey

"He could play" if needed but with other options available he may not be risked

@BenDinnery

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Would appreciate some opinions folks. I'm in the Harps Cup Final so need some help as my opponent has his WC active.

Options are:

Option A: Sterling and Benteke (Kane Out)
    Option B: Silva and Kane (Sterling Out)
    Option C: Silva and Giroud (Sterling Out)
    Option D: Silva and Benteke (-4) (Sterling and Giroud out)

Current forwards are Kane, Giroud and Aguero. I'm scared not going with Benteke :(

Team is:

Mig

Terry Bellerin Schlupp PVA Wolly

Hazard Sanchez Henderson Sterling Boyd

Kane Giroud Aguero

Id sell sterling for silva in your position. You have a strong front 3 and by getting silva for sterling you are strengthening your starting eleven. Id also consider taking a chance and play boyd over hendo. If benteke blanks you could well beat a wildcard team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Id sell sterling for silva in your position. You have a strong front 3 and by getting silva for sterling you are strengthening your starting eleven. Id also consider taking a chance and play boyd over hendo. If benteke blanks you could well beat a wildcard team.

Yeah was always doing Sterling to Silva. It's just whether or not to go for Benteke but it would mean a -4 which probably isn't the best thing to do when in a H2H.

It's a big 'IF'. I can see him scoring a couple tomorrow :( if I don't get him in I'm hoping Kane/Giroud will outscore him. Boyd against his former club is an interesting one alright.

Not holding out much hope against a WC team though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

united camp badly affected by a virus
    if I hear mata is a doubt ill take a -4 to switch him for cazorla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

lads is carzola the man to take a penalty is he?

Advertisement