Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 36 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

The Arsenal DGW will be a lottery. I could see Cazorla getting two pens or something as easily as Giroud getting a brace. I'll assess after Swansea, see what I can afford and just hope for the best. I'd really like to keep Hazard, but it doesn't look possible without hits.
    FHFC wrote: »
    How about Fab and Hendo to Sanchez and Albrighton? Those are the two I'd see as most urgent to shift out for sure. I wouldn't be mad keen on two from Sunderlands defence DGW or not.

4 doesn't work, is Gomis meant to be Siggy there?

I think he means Jordi Gomez.

The Arsenal DGW will be a lottery. I could see Cazorla getting two pens or something as easily as Giroud getting a brace. I'll assess after Swansea, see what I can afford and just hope for the best. I'd really like to keep Hazard, but it doesn't look possible without hits.

I think he means Jordi Gomez.

Arteta was on penos before wasn't he? Think I saw somewhere that he is ready for selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Dónal wrote: »
    Arteta was on penos before wasn't he? Think I saw somewhere that he is ready for selection.

Yeah, but the only match Arteta would play in is GW38 if there's nothing on the line. He's gash

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm starting to think keeping Kane could work out a reasonable differential. He's seemed lively, has decent fixtures including 2 against teams who also have nothing to play for. Meanwhile he still has a shot at the golden boot.

I'm leaning towards Kos, Sanchez and Rambo for the dgw? Had considered a punt on Defoe or Wickham for the third striker slot, but would either of those be a better option than HK at home to Hull, especially if it was a -4??

I'm planning to keep Kane too. His fixtures are decent. Aguero, Kane and Giroud will be my front line.

If I didn't already have Giroud, I'd be going for Rambo and have Kos, Rambo and Sanchez as my Arsenal trio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I am now thinking the same. I am going to wait until next week to get in either Rambo/Ozil/Cazorla or Giroud as my third Arsenal player. In the meantime I have decided to upgrade Vardy to Benteke but I therefore need to get Sterling out for someone costing no more than 7.6. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

How about Fab and Hendo to Sanchez and Albrighton? Those are the two I'd see as most urgent to shift out for sure. I wouldn't be mad keen on two from Sunderlands defence DGW or not.

4 doesn't work, is Gomis meant to be Siggy there?

Sorry meant Gomez, Albrighton is tempting but so is the DGW.
    What team would you play

Panti,
    Ivan,Bell,Schlupp,
    Haz,Rambo,Silva,Sanchez
    Kun,
    Vardy, Kane or Albrighton to leave out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm planning to keep Kane too. His fixtures are decent. Aguero, Kane and Giroud will be my front line.

If I didn't already have Giroud, I'd be going for Rambo and have Kos, Rambo and Sanchez as my Arsenal trio.

Kane is only 2 goals behind Aguero and has the incentive of golden boot to chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

menoscemo wrote: »
    I am now thinking the same. I am going to wait until next week to get in either Rambo/Ozil/Cazorla or Giroud as my third Arsenal player. In the meantime I have decided to upgrade Vardy to Benteke but I therefore need to get Sterling out for someone costing no more than 7.6. Any ideas?

Henderson or Siggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm liking the idea of two Arsenal mids and Giroud for their double. I have Giroud and Sanchez and intend to do Hendo to Ramsey for next week. This week, I brought in Benteke for Kane. That's it. He'll probably stop scoring now I bought him cos that's the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

patmac wrote: »
    Sorry meant Gomez, Albrighton is tempting but so is the DGW.

Albrighton has superb stats for crosses and chances created the past 4 weeks. One of my most satisfying moves of the season to get on him for his two double figure hauls when many were dismissive, especially nice as I had him in my gw1 team. So I may be biased. :). But his fixtures are great too. QPR could be down by the time Leicester play them in GW38.

FFS watchlist article noted that Gomez's two pens were his only shots on goal in that match! I could be proven spectacularly wrong but I think he's a bandwagon of the bad kind.

Edit, just saw your edit.

Just realising Albrighton would leave you with three Leicester which is slight overload, and the downside of that plan. Stats wise Vardy is seeing a lot of the ball in the box, but with Ulloa the strike partner now, and a lot of crosses (mostly from Albrighton) the points have not gone as strongly to vardy as they were with Nugent. Not sure when or if Nugent is back, but Ulloa has the form and hard to drop for now. So I'd prob drop vardy from that DGW team. I'll have no Silva for it myself, but that's not a good thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭shano_88

Sorely tempted to transfer Kane out for Benteke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Albrighton has superb stats for crosses and chances created the past 4 weeks. One of my most satisfying moves of the season to get on him for his two double figure hauls when many were dismissive, especially nice as I had him in my gw1 team. So I may be biased. :). But his fixtures are great too. QPR could be down by the time Leicester play them in GW38.

FFS watchlist article noted that Gomez's two pens were his only shots on goal in that match! I could be proven spectacularly wrong but I think he's a bandwagon of the bad kind.

Edit, just saw your edit.

Just realising Albrighton would leave you with three Leicester which is slight overload, and the downside of that plan. Stats wise Vardy is seeing a lot of the ball in the box, but with Ulloa the strike partner now, and a lot of crosses (mostly from Albrighton) the points have not gone as strongly to vardy as they were with Nugent. Not sure when or if Nugent is back, but Ulloa has the form and hard to drop for now. So I'd prob drop vardy from that DGW team. I'll have no Silva for it myself, but that's not a good thing!
    Thanks for the help, I was thinking about this week as well, really tempted by Albrighton now, I have had Kane forever so loathed to drop him, never played 5 mids before but could go for it. Have 2 leagues won, 3rd in another 30 points behind the leader so want to be conservative enough.

patmac wrote: »
    Thanks for the help, I was thinking about this week as well, really tempted by Albrighton now, I have had Kane forever so loathed to drop him, never played 5 mids before but could go for it. Have 2 leagues won, 3rd in another 30 points behind the leader so want to be conservative enough.

I'd probably drop vardy ahead of Kane either week. Both Leicester attackers is overload and I'd fancy Kane v Stoke and Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Talk of hazard on holiday before this weekends clash- may be of interest but wanted more/ better sources before any decision
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/eden-hazard-summer-holiday-already-5646868?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

If you had Sanchez and Ramsey, would you go
    A. Kane to Giroud
    B. Vardy to Benteke?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Benimar wrote: »
    If you had Sanchez and Ramsey, would you go
    A. Kane to Giroud
    B. Vardy to Benteke?

I got rid of Vardy for Benteke this week. Have Bellerin as well so its either Ramsey / Giroud for me. Probably go Ramsey,it'd be a -8 if I get him in this week for Sterling but it may have to happen as I don't have much room on price

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I got rid of Vardy for Benteke this week. Have Bellerin as well so its either Ramsey / Giroud for me. Probably go Ramsey,it'd be a -8 if I get him in this week for Sterling but it may have to happen as I don't have much room on price

Yeah, I'm in the same boat really. Have Sanchez so it's 2 from Bellerin/Ramsey/Giroud for me. I need to get one of my 2 Liverpool Midfielders out so Ramsey in looks a no brainer, leaving me one from Bellerin/Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jack015

I only discovered this forum two weeks ago so my first post. From reading through it I must say there is great advice and looks like a like of great players so fair play to everyone involved.

I was wondering how do people close of their season if they are in the lead. Do you just focus on making the best transfers for the game weeks in isolation or try to do blockers transfers?

I have a 36 point lead in my money league but lost 30+ after last gameweek. Team is
    Migs Hamer
    Terry Alderweireld Bellerin Dawson PVA
    Hazard Fabregas Silva Sterling Boyd
    Aguero Benteke Kane

My big differential is Aguero. My rivals is Carzola and Myhill after last week!

I was looking to get Sanchez back in, and Ramsey if possible. But I could make Sanchez a big differential and have two blockers by doing the following:
    1. Migs/Fabregas/Sterling > Myhill/Sanchez/Carzola (-8)

Is an eight points hit crazy at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jack015 wrote: »
    I only discovered this forum two weeks ago so my first post. From reading through it I must say there is great advice and looks like a like of great players so fair play to everyone involved.

I was wondering how do people close of their season if they are in the lead. Do you just focus on making the best transfers for the game weeks in isolation or try to do blockers transfers?

I have a 36 point lead in my money league but lost 30+ after last gameweek. Team is
    Migs Hamer
    Terry Alderweireld Bellerin Dawson PVA
    Hazard Fabregas Silva Sterling Boyd
    Aguero Benteke Kane

My big differential is Aguero. My rivals is Carzola and Myhill after last week!

I was looking to get Sanchez back in, and Ramsey if possible. But I could make Sanchez a big differential and have two blockers by doing the following:
    1. Migs/Fabregas/Sterling > Myhill/Sanchez/Carzola (-8)

Is an eight points hit crazy at this stage?

I wouldnt worry about myhill that was a once in a bluemoon event last week. Id look at getting sanchez in for fab potentially selling sterling for a -4 if needed. You have a very strong team this week. Id then look at silva to another arsenal mid the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

What do folks think for this GW?

Option A: Sterling and Benteke (Kane Out)
    Option B: Silva and Kane (Sterling Out)
    Option C: Silva and Giroud (Sterling Out)
    Option D: Silva and Benteke (-4) (Sterling and Giroud out)

Current forwards are Kane, Giroud and Aguero.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt worry about myhill that was a once in a bluemoon event last week. Id look at getting sanchez in for fab potentially selling sterling for a -4 if needed. You have a very strong team this week. Id then look at silva to another arsenal mid the following week.
    Thanks for that. See your point re. Myhill but need the money from Migs to accomodate Sanchez. Will have a look other options - maybe Terry out for a cheaper defender.

Thanks for that. See your point re. Myhill but need the money from Migs to accomodate Sanchez. Will have a look other options - maybe Terry out for a cheaper defender.

Fab and Sterling to Sanchez and a mid priced or cheap mid then Silva to your preferred Arsenal mid next week?

You may have noticed I'm a big Albrighton fan myself :) but by my calculations you could afford Sanchez and Siggy for example.

Fab and Sterling to Sanchez and a mid priced or cheap mid then Silva to your preferred Arsenal mid next week?

You may have noticed I'm a big Albrighton fan myself :) but by my calculations you could afford Sanchez and Siggy for example.

Your calculations are correct. I had Albrighton in my team at start of season. I may have missed the boat now again though??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Went for a -8 a couple of days ago. Slowly but surely the confidence is building over it.

I had claimed joint first in pay league and was 7 ahead of third after recently clawing back a 30-40point lead they had on me.

Both very conservative players so the -8 is going to set me back.

We're all covering each other at the back with Chelsea & 2 Saints. Neither of them have Aguero and it's unlikely they will at this stage.

Silva, Sanchez, Rambo, Coutinho
    Giroud, Aguero, Kane

No Chelsea attack will see me exposed so a tight game this GW and some rotation thereafter would be very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

347927.bmp

£2.4m in the bank.

Keeper: Neither have a great fixture for me this week. Then next week I have the head scratcher of playing Mig at home to Crystal Palace, or Panti in the DGW...

Defense: I suspect Terry will still play even if Jose roates later on, so perhaps Ivan will need to be shipped out, but I'll save that for next week as he has a nack of grabbing goals against stronger teams.

Midfield: Henderson is probably on thinnest ice, perhaps I could dump him for Ramsey.

Up front: Was considering Kane to Benteke, but as a Villa fan, I know that putting Benteke in the team will surely put the hex on him, so I'm staying away from that. Happy to keep Giroud for the ensuing DGW and Aguero at home to QPR.

So in sum, I am labouring over a change at keeper or swapping out Henderson to Ramsey. Any thoughts?

Your calculations are correct. I had Albrighton in my team at start of season. I may have missed the boat now again though??

Given the form and fixtures a Leicester attacker is probably still worth having. Siggy could be a good differential too although Swans don't have much to play for and fixtures not so great.

I'd agree with busts about there being no point chasing to get Myhill. If you want to free up cash for Sanchez I'd look at freeing it from that midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lads,

Bolasie or Walters this GW?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Guys I’m sending myself crazy this week, ahead by 50 in my league but steadily losing ground every week. Am getting rid of Fab and Sterling this week to bring in Sanchez which leaves me 6.6 million for a mid fielder, I have Sanchez, Hazard, Downing and Puncheon. I already have Schlupp and Vardy so think Albrighton would be overkill on the Leicester front (though my nearest rival has him) Sigurdsson is within price range though he has a tough few fixtures coming up. Realistically whoever I buy this week, I plan to sell next week along with Aguero to get Giroud and Ramsey for the DGW.

So suggestions for a good midfielder for in and around 6.5 million?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ncmc wrote: »
    Guys I’m sending myself crazy this week, ahead by 50 in my league but steadily losing ground every week. Am getting rid of Fab and Sterling this week to bring in Sanchez which leaves me 6.6 million for a mid fielder, I have Sanchez, Hazard, Downing and Puncheon. I already have Schlupp and Vardy so think Albrighton would be overkill on the Leicester front (though my nearest rival has him) Sigurdsson is within price range though he has a tough few fixtures coming up. Realistically whoever I buy this week, I plan to sell next week along with Aguero to get Giroud and Ramsey for the DGW.

So suggestions for a good midfielder for in and around 6.5 million?

There's not much out there. Siggy, but he has horrible fixtures.
    I am looking for a midfielder up to the value of 7.4 and am becoming convinced that Albrighton is the best option!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I went with Siggy. Going to live to regret that I reckon.

Advertisement