Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

This morning a photo of a dead child in a coffin showed up on my newsfeed, popped up because one of my asshat friends on facebook typed "amen" under it.

Click unfriend.

Went into the persons page who originally uploaded the pic, their page is just pics of dead children, abused animals, natural disasters etc with the caption "Like to stop this happening to dogs" or "You can't scroll past this without typing amen" - People seiiting up facebook accounts just to get likes or thanks is literally the most pathetic thing you'll see online especially as it uses other peoples misfortune to generate them. What sick pathetic *****.

Most of these pages are started by or bought out by marketing agencies/advertisers. They post stuff guaranteed to generate likes/shares as it increases traffic to their pages with their ads on it. Same as pages called Argos. or Xbox360. that claim to be giving out free vouchers or unopened Xboxes. A shocking amount of my friends fall for these all the time.

Facewoof

Barkbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

gutenberg wrote: »
    I know two people who set up Facebook profiles for their pets. The prospect of this genuinely happening is scarily real.

Cousin has one for the jack russell too.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

One of the people I know is also a family member. Makes un-friending a bit more complicated :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

One of the people I know is also a family member. Makes un-friending a bit more complicated :(

That's really woof on you… try not to make a dog's dinner of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

You can always just unfollow people if unfriending is an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"as most of you no caleb was born last week an of course I love him ta bits. the only thing is and why didn anyone warn me that id be so sore!! feel like i had sex with you-sane bold. sorry if im oversharing but if i can warn other motors out there that your going to be sore then ive done my job. roll on friday for drinkies hunzos"

fussyonion wrote: »
    "as most of you no caleb was born last week an of course I love him ta bits. the only thing is and why didn anyone warn me that id be so sore!! feel like i had sex with you-sane bold. sorry if im oversharing but if i can warn other motors out there that your going to be sore then ive done my job. roll on friday for drinkies hunzos"

She had sex with my sane bold? Nobody told me that!!! If I catch her or any other cars around my sane bold, there be no drinkies or ta bits with the hunzos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

'You-sane bold'

wow :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

"Happy 1st birthday George!!!!! Since you came into our world you have brought us nothing but happiness, we couldn't imagine life without you, you are the reason we smile, the reason we are happy and the reason we get up in the morning. I loved you from the minute I saw you and I always will."

Nice sentimental post there. Accompanied by a photo of a pug wearing a party hat, about to tuck into two fried steaks and a big bone.

That is obviously a piss take and a funny one at that. Do people really think she/he was being serious? I'd throw it a like tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Fussy onion when I see you've posted in here I know I'm in for a treat :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's good that she's warning other motors. I'm assuming she's off out for a few cans of oil on Friday so.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Is goin for a pint r ten taday cuz its friday i aint got no job and i aint got **** ta doo

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Zymurgist wrote: »
    Is goin for a pint r ten taday cuz its friday i aint got no job and i aint got **** ta doo

obviously has no skool ta go too either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Tell the truth fussyonion, you made this up yourself, didn't ya?

Nobody could be that thick. "you-sane bold".

If you did make it up, thanks, you made me laugh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Would that not be autocorrect for something dictated to siri or another similar system?

Although I suppose it wouldn't be hyphenated.

EDIT: anyway, plenty of other misspellings that wouldn't have happened on autocorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

osarusan wrote: »
    Would that not be autocorrect for something dictated to siri or another similar system?
    EDIT: anyway, plenty of other misspellings that wouldn't have happened on autocorrect.

You forget, we're talking really dumb Facebook users here, who may have heard of " you-sane bolt" but Sirius won't feature as part of their vocabulary

coolhull wrote: »
    You forget, we're talking really dumb Facebook users here, who may have heard of " you-sane bolt" but Sirius won't feature as part of their vocabulary

Ahem, you spelt it wrong. It's actually You-sane Bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

http://blog.heartland.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/homer_jump_the_shark.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

This couldn't be real... could it?

What are the comments like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Ice Storm wrote: »
    This couldn't be real... could it?

What are the comments like?

Her mother probably "Liked" it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Loughc wrote: »
    It's good that she's warning other motors. I'm assuming she's off out for a few cans of oil on Friday so.

Has anyone shared this with the motors forum :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

PTH2009 wrote: »
    people who post on other peoples pages 'Answer your phone' or 'when you see this ring or message me'. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just so people can see this and say 'whats up hun' or 'hope everything is ok'.

i wonder did the facebook founders think about cyber bullying prob a leading cause of suicide in teens today.

Maybe, maybe not - you really think that sociopathic pig that founded Facebook gives a sh*t ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Tell the truth fussyonion, you made this up yourself, didn't ya?

If you did make it up, thanks, you made me laugh. :)

I'm not hunzo enough to be able to make it up.
    It's both unfortunate yet amusing that I have people like this on my FB but as long as they spout ****e, I'll be here to report it for your pleasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Just report the pet profile and FB will remove it.

Fm104 right now is like one long "r u OK hun" status

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

The irony is high with this one.

'When people spell angel 'angle' I don't no weather to laugh or cry.'

29 likes and 12 comments all agreeing with original poster. And even including pictures of angles with halos.

It physically hurt not to say anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Queen-Mise wrote: »

29 likes and 12 comments all agreeing with original poster. And even including pictures of angles with halos.

It physically hurt not to say anything.

Post a picture of some weather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Queen-Mise wrote: »

When people spell "weather" when they mean "whether" I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Just kidding'!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement