Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

arayess wrote: »
    now that is a rant. that's brilliant
    I'm off to search the hashtags...

The hashtags as good as a name nowadays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

bruschi wrote: »
    point was lost, that wasnt a Billy Connolly quote. Might be an amusing piece, but has nothing to do with Billy Connolly. It's one of those things that are funny in themselves, but people want to put a name to them to try make it funnier. Like the Marilyn Monroe internet or texting quotes.

Poor Billy would probably be too shaky to write anything that long these days. Ironically, he was a big hit on Parkinson back in the day but now Parkinson's is taking a big hit out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Poor Billy would probably be too shaky to write anything that long these days. Ironically, he was a big hit on Parkinson back in the day but now Parkinson's is taking a big hit out of him.

That's awful ... he'd love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Oh **** off.
    Channel 13 News was just talking about this change in Facebook's privacy policy. Better safe than sorry. As of September 27th , 2015 at 06:31 p.m. Eastern standard time, I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE. You MUST copy and paste.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Teacher23

You did well gettin away from that one X shes a spa seen her hangin outside the shoppin centre today with a rasta hat on an absolute show she was!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

What's this Facebook lark of posting "By posting this status, Facebook can't change my privacy settings" or something. Saw another post just now claiming it was officially stated in the newspaper that FB will demand a fee from tomorrow to prevent some posts you have deleted or hidden becoming public. I never believe these status, but that last post intrigued me. That isn't actually the case right? *Stupid dum dum face*

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

What's this Facebook lark of posting "By posting this status, Facebook can't change my privacy settings" or something. Saw another post just now claiming it was officially stated in the newspaper that FB will demand a fee from tomorrow to prevent some posts you have deleted or hidden becoming public. I never believe these status, but that last post intrigued me. That isn't actually the case right? *Stupid dum dum face*

It's just a hoax. This same one went around about 3 years ago too

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Heaven help us all
    Better safe than sorry is right. Channel 13 News was just talking about this change in Facebook's privacy policy. Better safe than sorry. As of September 26th , 2015 at 01:16 a.m. Eastern standard time, I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement atleast once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE. You MUST copy and paste

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Telpis

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I saw this reply to one of those today.
    Facebook will begin stealing your undies at midnight tonight if you don't copy & paste this message in the next hour, forward it to everyone in your mailing list, print a hard copy for your grandmother & call your third grade teacher. This is real. I got the message first hand from Elvis who was having lunch with Bigfoot, while riding the Loch Ness monster. It was even on the inside back cover of every tabloid in the grocery store checkout line. Not only will Facebook start charging you tomorrow, they are also going to bill your credit card for the past 3 years of services. Luckily, each person who copies & pastes this status will receive a FREE unicorn in the mail tomorrow. However, if you don't repost this status, Facebook code has been set up to automatically set your computer on fire & harm an innocent bunny in the forest! It's all true, it was on the news! It's official! Facebook users will believe anything their friends copy & paste into their status

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Another shocking night for English football, if they lose the fourth spot as a Champions League place they will only have themselves to blame, terrible viewing.

Don't know what he's on about. Couldn't care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

cantdecide wrote: »
    Another shocking night for English football, if they lose the fourth spot as a Champions League place they will only have themselves to blame, terrible viewing.

I suppose that was posted by someone as Irish as he (or she) can be?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,170 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

cantdecide wrote: »

I'm guessing he's talking about football.

inforfun wrote: »
    I suppose that was posted by someone as Irish as he (or she) can be?

Irish person in 'following an English club' shocker! :eek:

Irish person in 'following an English club' shocker! :eek:

Read that post again.

It is someone talking about English soccer in general. Not his/her favourite team.

Read that post again.

It is someone talking about English soccer in general. Not his/her favourite team.

Apologies.

Irish person in 'following English football in general' shocker! :eek:

Apologies.

Irish person in 'following English football in general' shocker! :eek:

Where i can see a point in an Irish person being disappointed in a team they follow, screwing up, i can not see why any Irish person should be bothered by English football losing a CL spot.

But since i cant know if the person that posted that is indeed Irish, i only asked.

And apparently that was enough to get you all excited and defensive.
    Felt attacked before there actually was an attack?

Where i can see a point in an Irish person being disappointed in a team they follow, screwing up, i can not see why any Irish person should be bothered by English football losing a CL spot.

But since i cant know if the person that posted that is indeed Irish, i only asked.

And apparently that was enough to get you all excited and defensive.
    Felt attacked before there actually was an attack?

Nah, I hate football. I find it as dull as dishwater. But if other people enjoy watching English teams then bully for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

"Could not for the life of me get rid of my erect nipples at the gym today. Embarrassed to say the least". Accompanied by a photo of his erect nipples poking through t shirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

wat24 wrote: »
    Just saw this birthday message on a friends Facebook...

IN FIVE MINS MY HERO WAS BORN MY BEST FRIEND MY SOUL MATE
    UR NOT ONLY MY MRS MY BOSS UR MY WORLD MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING GOD I MADE MISTAKES BUT THEN I MET U GOD LUCKY ISNT A WORD I WON THE EURO MILLIONS WEN I GOT U UR MY EVERYTHING AND WEN IM FAMOUS ILL LOOOK AFTER U HAAAAAAAA GIRL THANKS FOR BEEN U GORGEOUS LOVE U MOON YA RIGHT BY THAT BOO HV A GOODIN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Why can't these fckin cretins use punctuation? It's just one long, nonsense filled stream of consciousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

fussyonion wrote: »
    "ye jus tinkin alsorts today n ive a migraine anal"

Wow, a migraine anal.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,177 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

When Facebook went down Monday night people actually turned on and off there's modems because they thought it was there wifi gone off

Seriously if u think ur wifi is down check a browser. Facebook is creating idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

PTH2009 wrote: »
    When Facebook went down Monday night people actually turned on and off there's modems because they thought it was there wifi gone off

Seriously if u think ur wifi is down check a browser. Facebook is creating idiots

They were always like that. Facebook just provides a venue where they're more visible. I always think of Facebook as being one of the major factors in attracting certain people to the Internet who might never have had any interest in going near a computer otherwise. (There are others, like eBay or Netflix or whatever). I seem to know a lot of people who would never touch a computer (except maybe for MS office at work) except for email and FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"Happy 1st birthday George!!!!! Since you came into our world you have brought us nothing but happiness, we couldn't imagine life without you, you are the reason we smile, the reason we are happy and the reason we get up in the morning. I loved you from the minute I saw you and I always will."

Nice sentimental post there. Accompanied by a photo of a pug wearing a party hat, about to tuck into two fried steaks and a big bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,589 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

It will be one less CL spot for the team they support to qualify for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

osarusan wrote: »
    It will be one less CL spot for the team they support to qualify for.

Probably an Arsenal fan

• Registered Users Posts: 16,589 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Probably an Arsenal fan
    Yeah, that crossed my mind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Probably an Arsenal fan

Ah Jesus lads I thought I was safe in here. Kick us when we're down :(

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    "Happy 1st birthday George!!!!! Since you came into our world you have brought us nothing but happiness, we couldn't imagine life without you, you are the reason we smile, the reason we are happy and the reason we get up in the morning. I loved you from the minute I saw you and I always will."

Nice sentimental post there. Accompanied by a photo of a pug wearing a party hat, about to tuck into two fried steaks and a big bone.

They really fecked up. It's actually his 7th birthday…

Seriously though, what a bunch of numpties.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement