Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Some questions are supposed to be googled. Casually asking someone "what time is xxxx movie on" when there's no reason to believe they know anything more than you do, is something that I'd just think less of someone for.

I'd rarely reply with "Google it" but to be honest I'd consider a person annoying or a little 'tapped' for asking such.

There's a line between general conversation and asking retarded questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Some questions are supposed to be googled. Casually asking someone "what time is xxxx movie on" when there's no reason to believe they know anything more than you do, is something that I'd just think less of someone for.

I'd rarely reply with "Google it" but to be honest I'd consider a person annoying or a little 'tapped' for asking such.

There's a line between general conversation and asking retarded questions.

One of my kids has that google thing where you ask it questions or tell it to do things (echo or whatever it's called) and when he got it first I inadvertently kept answering the questions he asked aloud, annoying both him and the google thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

"CEO at Full-Time Ladies Man"

I'm glad to see he finally has a job, however it is quite unfortunate that it's an unpaid voluntary role meaning he needs to continue drawing the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Gravelly wrote: »
    One of my kids has that google thing where you ask it questions or tell it to do things (echo or whatever it's called) and when he got it first I inadvertently kept answering the questions he asked aloud, annoying both him and the google thing.

Was reading this yesterday :

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43897516
    In addition, Alexa's voice-recognition software has been tweaked to account for the fact children have higher-pitched voices than adults, and will soon respond to "Awexa" to help those that cannot yet pronounce the letter L.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Clair4

Tell ya the truth crushed to an Indian for a munch they were own there own chatty I might not no there innick I'm wide jibe at me got the munch say it awkward so I made them make a chat in front of me I'm wide me trust all I wanted was food me a bad jibe but got the chatz for choice

Anyone care to fill in the full stops, commas etc be my guest. Lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Clair4 wrote: »
    Tell ya the truth crushed to an Indian for a munch they were own there own chatty I might not no there innick I'm wide jibe at me got the munch say it awkward so I made them make a chat in front of me I'm wide me trust all I wanted was food me a bad jibe but got the chatz for choice

I don't think punctuation will rescue that ...um....pile of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,908 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Clair4 wrote: »

I'll try.

To be honest I was feeling hungry so I decided I would go for an Indian meal.
    When I arrived in the Indian restaurant the staff, who seemed to be non Irish, were speaking a language which wasn't English, which is my mother tongue.
    As I'm aware of the fact that I'm more intelligent than those people who are stealing our jobs/taking our women etc (insert racist comments here), and also aware that I can neither comprehend or pronounce Chicken Tikka Masala, and knowing that all these people who can't speak English are the same decided that the best thing I could do would be to ask for a '69'.
    That seemed to attract the attention of all the staff including the chef (who actually carried a live chicken with him from the kitchen, so what I got was guaranteed to be fresh) and they absolutely tried to interact with me in English. Unfortunately sometimes they had to revert to Spanish but they were laughing so I joined in in the knowledge that I was doing my bit in helping them understand our culture.

They have all gone back in the kitchen now to prepare what I ordered.
    I'm really looking forward to being served.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Is "Chatz for choice" something to do with the referendum?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

When people ask me "what do you do?" I say "whatever it takes"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The 9th of May 2018 will mark Alfie Evan’s 2nd birthday! We intend to light up the sky that night. We want to spread the lights across the sky near and far. Let’s get towns across the board involved to show support and love for Alfie!

This is not a protest! No banners, no chanting! Just balloons and lanterns!

The wildlife of Ireland and the UK will be delighted with the aftermath...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

R.i.p Alfie ���� god has brought he's solider home because he new you where two good for this world. You touched so my hearts and for that you will be always remembered by everyone. God love he's perants

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

2qkovmx.jpg

2yyaxra.jpg

And this my friends, is why I'm choosing to delete my Facebook account.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

The amount of absolute nutcases on Alfies Army Official Page is disturbing.
    Someone posted this under a video of the balloon release on Saturday:

I'm so sorry for what's happened. I really hope those balloons don't come down in the oceans. Balloon releases are wonderful for who they are for but horrible for the environment where they come down...

Responses:
    A: who cares where the ****in balloons land! A little Soldier just lost his life
    B: Today is all about Alfie, nothing else matters.
    C: i thought this was alfies page not an environment page please take your arguments to your own feeds we only support alfies family through this horrible time not flipping balloons
    D (my favourite): Your a few cans short of a six pack hun, a little warriors past away and your worried about the environment. get a life, god bless you little alfie xxx
    E: Respect the family’s decisions. A gorgeous little boy has passed away. If we all want to let balloons off for him we will/we did. Enough said. Maybe you should find a wildlife page and vent on there..
    F: a beautiful tribute amidst a tragedy but their will always be selfish morons.
    G: Tell the ones who make the balloons then. How many times this week have you interrupted them with your 'concerns'? No, you're just trolling.
    H: Aww Heather i'm sureyou buy food with lots of plastic which is not good for the environment, **** off you nasty troll
    I: as Alfies army we don't care about the ****ing wildlife we will do whatever it takes to show we care about Alfie and if that means a few animals or people have to die then so be it. RIP Alfie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

DaisyFay wrote: »
    I: as Alfies army we don't care about the ****ing wildlife we will do whatever it takes to show we care about Alfie and if that means a few animals or people have to die then so be it. RIP Alfie

:rolleyes: Jesus Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

The amount of people upon seeing that there's a competition, don't read the requirements for entry

'wud love dis liked & shared'

The competition states to click on a link & answer a question you knob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The amount of absolute nutcases on Alfies Army Official Page is disturbing.
    Someone posted this under a video of the balloon release on Saturday:

I'm so sorry for what's happened. I really hope those balloons don't come down in the oceans. Balloon releases are wonderful for who they are for but horrible for the environment where they come down...

Why would you even bother posting this on the Alfie's Chav Army page? It's kind of baffling - obviously the people on that page are going to be thick as shít but equally you'd kind of have to be a little bit thick yourself to post that on it. You'd have to know you're going to get dog's abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

optogirl wrote: »
    The amount of people upon seeing that there's a competition, don't read the requirements for entry

I love the stories from people on those,"my aunt's cousin's friend's neighbours budgie got the runs so this would cheer me right up"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

"I've being havn a relly bad year wat wit all dats happning latly, wud luv dis"

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bunny12345

There sons had to **** other all ur mothers We all come from Adam and eve who had 3 sons so the 3 of their sons has to **** our mother's to have us so is Adam and eve or real mam and dad and is their 3 sons our Bother Bro Siblings

• Registered Users Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

"To the person who let her mungril of a dog bite my dog today up In <PLACE NAME> I hope you have bad luck in your life you didn't care when I confronted you today & you gave me your fake number and refused to give me your name. I hope your dog gets what she deserves. You should of had a mussill on your dog in the first place if I ever see you again I will report you to the dog warden your dog should be put down for what she done to my dog"

Just one of the almost daily rants that appear on a Mammy's buying and selling page that has turned into comic gold.

1. Now I understand she is annoyed about her dog getting attacked, but what purpose does it serve going online to rant, and do you really think the "guilty party" is going to respond? How are we to know that the poster's dog didn't initiate things? Of course she abused a couple of people asking the same thing in the comments section.

2. Check your grammar please when your posting such a heartfelt plea. "Mungril" mussill"........said responses were of Pulitzer-prize winning standards of punctuation too of course.

The scary thing is that the poster has a pic from her wedding day as her profiler, which assumes that she is breeding. Grammar standards will be to near extinct levels by the next generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Bunny12345 wrote: »
    There sons had to **** other all ur mothers We all come from Adam and eve who had 3 sons so the 3 of their sons has to **** our mother's to have us so is Adam and eve or real mam and dad and is their 3 sons our Bother Bro Siblings

Profound
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭heretothere

Or its from 2013 read the post before sharing!! I also can't stand people sharing 'missing dog' posters without reading the post. You'll see 'name' shared the post 1 hr ago. Click onto the post the 1st comment from 4 months ago **UPDATE, dog found**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Or its from 2013 read the post before sharing!! I also can't stand people sharing 'missing dog' posters without reading the post. You'll see 'name' shared the post 1 hr ago. Click onto the post the 1st comment from 4 months ago **UPDATE, dog found**

Missing dog obsessives are complete Morons.

We had a lost dog roaming our street and coming into the garden, obviously driven by hunger. We gave him food, shelter etc and put up photos locally and on FB. On FB we just got clowns reposting on the far side of the country.

I was told to link to some girl's lost dog page on FB and when I asked her to put up the photo she gave me this big rant about how I should not have left him roaming the street, should have fed the dog, brought it in, given it shelter etc. Just because I didn't bother boasting about what I'd done she assumed I'd done SFA.

The owners of the dog got in touch after they saw what we put up locally. Lesson learned, keep found dogs stuff off FB, it's just a honeypot for gobsheens.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭heretothere

I wouldn't mind people posting about actual missing dogs, but it takes 10 seconds to have a quick flick through the comments to see if the dog has been found.

Not right of her to assume you hadn't looked after the dog properly! I've heard a lot of animal shelters, where the majority of workers are volunteers get serious stick from people

My feed is full of Alfie crap, look it’s sad the baby died but the doctors said he had no quality of life but no Facebook Doctors knew better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

'I’m looking for a babysitter for tomorrow from 1pm to 5pm. Is anyone interested?'

Uhm....your screening process for babysitters sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Ak for child benefit review forms is it Freepost? Doesn't state on letter and can't find anything online 🙈

Maybe just put a bloody stamp on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

A comment on An Garda Siochana's post regarding the seizure of counterfeit goods:

The garda works for Freemasons. A cult of evilness man-made laws.
    .If I created a cure for anything
    Or if I created a wireless free energy for your house if your esb ran out you can just take out this small disc ball and everything will randomly turn on. but I can't cause my front door be kicked in. by mind controled workers. working for evil cult high payed men.
    Wud'nt ye love that wud'nt all garda will love that for there family non of this stress coming from something that's fake and made up. disturbing are emotions causing us more stress that is leading to another problem in are health.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

drake70 wrote: »
    A comment on An Garda Siochana's post regarding the seizure of counterfeit goods:

The garda works for Freemasons. A cult of evilness man-made laws.
    .If I created a cure for anything
    Or if I created a wireless free energy for your house if your esb ran out you can just take out this small disc ball and everything will randomly turn on. but I can't cause my front door be kicked in. by mind controled workers. working for evil cult high payed men.
    Wud'nt ye love that wud'nt all garda will love that for there family non of this stress coming from something that's fake and made up. disturbing are emotions causing us more stress that is leading to another problem in are health.

Woah, that's a whole lot of craziness. I hope you don't know this person in real life - that's a time bomb waiting to go off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Responses:

F: a beautiful tribute amidst a tragedy but their will always be selfish morons.
    G: Tell the ones who make the balloons then. How many times this week have you interrupted them with your 'concerns'? No, you're just trolling.
    H: Aww Heather i'm sureyou buy food with lots of plastic which is not good for the environment, **** off you nasty troll

Protesting against the loss of a life but not caring that other lives may be lost.

Very logical.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement