Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Strike (read warning in post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

Dublin bus could do a Greyhound on it and hire in cheap labour while its drivers were on strike

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

stehyl15 wrote: »
    And you seem to forget theres plenty of people sitting on the dole who'd love to be getting 30k a year to drive a bus. Unions are the plague of public transport tbh look at France, Italy and Spain even Germany have some of the best railway infustructure in the world all ruined by unions going on strike

Another example of the typical Irish attitude playing the dole card now!

Tugboats wrote: »
    Another example of the typical Irish attitude playing the dole card now!

Just because its streotype dosent mean it isint true

They should be greatful for their jobs.:o

You're a politicians wet dream. Have a few pints at the weekend, put a bet on in paddy power and blame ordinary citizens.

As someone who doesn't work in the public sector and earns 75k per year I have no issue with a worker or its representatives trying to protect or better what they have.

Now run along and educate yourself about what's really going on in this country.

They should be greatful for their jobs.:o

You're a politicians wet dream. Have a few pints at the weekend, put a bet on in paddy power and blame ordinary citizens.

As someone who doesn't work in the public sector and earns 75k per year I have no issue with a worker or its representatives trying to protect or better what they have.

Now run along and educate yourself about what's really going on in this country.

30k a year for driving a bus its not exactly rocket science bus driving is a job I wouldnt rate too much higher than minimum wage also if you were a regular dublin bus user youd probably think differantly

• Advertisement

30k a year for driving a bus its not exactly rocket science bus driving is a job I wouldnt rate too much higher than minimum wage

And the Irish attitude of begrudgery continues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

It isn't true though look at how long it has taken to hire the drivers they are currently looking for and the ad is still up on the website, 400,000 people unemployed and they took over a year to find 100 drivers but you think there is a queue of 2000 out there waiting to work for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

cdebru wrote: »
    The last government did that already and it said its staffing levels were in line with similar companies in other jurisdictions.
    And FF are known for impartial and true info about the impact of their governance :rolleyes:

no it shouldn't. why should it. just for the sake of it? no . having all that in house provides economies of scale.
    Focusing on non-core business provides the exact opposite.
    Private companies would be able to provide the same service cheaper.

The Irish:o

Outraged when their fellow citizens like ordinary bus drivers or whoever are trying to protect their income and jobs. They roll out the Im a taxpayer line

The same "outraged" taxpayers have bent over for Bankers,Politicians, property and water charges and EU bullies.

The Irish:D:o
    How dare people decide how their money is spent, or even comment on it!
    That's for the adults in the public service to decide...

• Advertisement

30k a year for driving a bus its not exactly rocket science bus driving is a job I wouldnt rate too much higher than minimum wage also if you were a regular dublin bus user youd probably think differantly

City bus driving is actually one of the most difficult driving jobs there is, driving a large vehicle with up to 130 passengers none of them restrained with seat belts, young children, old people, people standing, walking go up and down stairs, working shifts, weekends, bank holidays, but good luck with finding 2200 people who will do it for minimum wage.

PS if you are going to denigrate other peoples intelligence and work at least learn to spell, good lad ;-)

Icepick wrote: »
    And FF are known for impartial and true info about the impact of their governance :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be a fan of theirs either but, I remember the state of our public transport the last time we had a government with FG and the party of Connolly, the one and only Michael Lowry running the subsidy down to virtually zero, and it took years to recover from that and massive investment which in fairness to the FFailures they at least did.

How dare people decide how their money are spent, or even comment on it!
    That's for the adults in the public service to decide...

Do you not find it strange that taxpayers get worked up over the wage of a bus driver but have no real issue with millions spent on politicians, banks, paying a tax for the home you own and paying for water you can't drink?

Will Irish people ever stick together and deal with real issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

City bus driving is actually one of the most difficult driving jobs there is

So we get told anyway.

Do you not find it strange that taxpayers get worked up over the wage of a bus driver but have no real issue with millions spent on politicians, banks, paying a tax for the home you own and paying for water you can't drink?

Will Irish people ever stick together and deal with real issues?
    Oireachtas - €101 million (2013)
    CIE subsidy - €240 million (2014)

People with boil notices don't actually have to pay.

good luck finding 2200 people who will do it for minimum wage.

You could always go to Pakistan and get cheap labour to drive dublin buses for cheap

Oireachtas - €101 million (2013)
    CIE subsidy - €240 million (2014).

Don't understand your point? Are we doing anything to reduce the millions spent on politicians?
    If you think Irish water is drinkable I don't know what to say. No boil notice where I am and I wouldn't touch it

You could always go to Pakistan and get cheap labour to drive dublin buses for cheap

Should we bring over 2 million Pakistanis to do every job in the country?

n97 mini wrote: »
    So we get told anyway.

Try it if you don't believe me ;-)

Now you're just trolling, CPC , driving license ? I suppose we could carry more people on the roof as well just to further improve the cost efficiency like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

thats not good enough. it must be kept fully in public hands. controlled publically, ran by a public company

It is in Directive 1370/2007 that the government must put all routes out to tender. It is the law. The government has no choice but to put routes out to tender.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfL2mMKR6kgYuAqev_CQbdKxxGqicr5rUnw_hUaIz4DY7YWisyOg

Thats what I think of all the rubbish about privatize everything.

Quality posts coming out now. Next thing we'll be told nationalising everything is the only way.

Don't understand your point? Are we doing anything to reduce the millions spent on politicians?
    yes
    it was 120 in 2011

who said privatize everything?
    And can you back up your opinion with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

n97 mini wrote: »
    Quality posts coming out now. Next thing we'll be told nationalising everything is the only way.

Sorry thought needed some colour as it's getting very dark in here.

Irish should be holding on to as much Irish traditions companies etc..

Aer Lingus should never have been sold.

Sorry thought needed some colour as it's getting very dark in here.

Irish should be holding on to as much Irish traditions companies etc..

Aer Lingus should never have been sold.

Why not? The paddy whackery value, begorrah? Ryanair is plenty to be proud of. Who would have thought an Irish airline would have surpassed British Airways, Lufthansa, etc.

Its an EU regulation that buses have to be tendered there is no other EU country where buses and trains all come under the one roof which is CIE

Its an EU regulation that buses have to be tendered there is no other EU country where buses and trains all come under the one roof which is CIE

Pandering to the EU to make a point :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 VWD8

Northern Ireland?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement