Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC

Options

Comments

Ponster wrote: »
    Each to their own. I don't think that I've every player the single player besides the initial tutorial :)

:eek:

Whats the appeal of online to you?

I'm not saying its bad. I only briefly played it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The online is great fun, if you play with people you know. I don't particularly enjoy it solo though.

Single player is great fun as well, and has a pretty good (if nuts) story. Some excellent set pieces as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pure carnage i prefer the online missions/racing/deathmatches over the free roam but free roam can be a bit of fun too if your in a group on your own session.

Its basically GTA online but exceptionally well made.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I've play co-op online games almost every Friday night since 1999 with the same 3 or 4 people (Battlefield series, TF2, Soldier of Fortune, Rust, Quake, etc..) so it seemed like a natural step to give GTAV a shot.

I left Ireland in 1998 so it's my way to remain in touch with friends and family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I have always viewed GTA as a single player game, but I must admit I really enjoy the multiplayer aspect. Having said that, there are some incredibly stupid people online. Some who are incapable of completing a simple heist set-up, and instead of restarting they will just quit and go back to free-mode; sending the rest of the crew back to free-mode and the frustration that is GTAV loading screens.

I know GTA is every child's dream game, but I can't believe how many kids actually play it. Incompetent ones as well. I have seen better players in a Call of Duty matchmaking game than some of the idiots playing GTA.

Personally think the reason the Heists took so long was that in testing it became apparently clear that people are idiots. They are near impossible to play with public players, I have got lucky but prefer to do them with crew members or steam buddies.

And if I am playing public its as a minion never a leader., lose your bollix on setup fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Never played Online but having finished the main story last night I'll give it a stab and see what the fuss (or hate) is all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've jumped into online two or three times, found the whole thing confusing. There was no one around the two times I went online and loading took ages. I was in a deathmatch with one other person that wasn't very good so the game didn't take to long. I was in some other game where it was snippers against stunt guys, feel off the top of the building getting a gun, more waiting.

I was trying to do the jobs but none of the characters were available. I'll try again but over all I'm not much of an online player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Looks like there have been some mods that have had malware embedded in them,specifically No Clip and The Angry Planes mod.

Malwarebytes should help deal with it if its there,the malware is fade.exe,set to run after the installation of the mod. Its a keylogger so anybody affected should change there passwords. Pretty much sucks:(

http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-mods-angry-planes-and-no-clip-contain-malware/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Lucky for me I stayed away from modding for the moment but that is really bad. Yet another reason to have 2 factor authentication turned on in Steam, Origin, email etc and use a password manager to generate unique passwords for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I feel like a broken record as online never works for me I keep getting kicked back to single player. It may be my bad connection but my connection works fine for me on Battlefield 4 which I play online sometimes. I don't play it every day or night just the odd time and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I feel like a broken record as online never works for me I keep getting kicked back to single player. It may be my bad connection but my connection works fine for me on Battlefield 4 which I play online sometimes. I don't play it every day or night just the odd time and it works fine.

Have you raised a support ticket?

Not played for a week or so. About to visit M with T in single player. Probably do some online tonight too. Need to raise that cash. Don't even have a garage atm. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

Has anyone suffered random crashes to the desktop ? I've had it since day one, and suffered through, but since my friends have started playing the heists online, its 50/50 for me if it crashes the game or not.

From system event log

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

From application event log

Faulting application name: GTA5.exe, version: 1.0.350.1, time stamp: 0x5540c256
    Faulting module name: GTA5.exe, version: 1.0.350.1, time stamp: 0x5540c256
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000001133400
    Faulting process id: 0xefc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d08e7a51687c0a
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe
    Report Id: 791d8923-fa6f-11e4-9c68-bc5ff443bb68
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I've tried loads of things. I suspect its the latest nvidia drivers being the issue. I've reinstalled the game, installed it on different hard disks, fresh OS install, latest drivers for everything, reinstalled directx, ran the game in directx 10 and 11, tried running on lowest settings, highest settings, windowed mode, full screen, etc etc. you get the gist, always crashes but never at the same point either.

I have tickets logged - but they want me to go through usual unplug usb ****e, and I really want to skip to 3rd level support :o I'm not alone it seems from reading on forums though, but just on the off chance someone here has a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Did you monitor your GPU temps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

I did - never broke 70c before it crashed (GTX670) - the crashes have no obvious lead up either, i.e. the game doesn't slow to a crawl and then whammo. I'm getting pretty much 60fps about 80% of the time at 1080P. for example I could play for 5 hours and it doesn't crash once, then I could play last evening and within 10 minutes its crashed.

I did more reading on the nvidia forum and they mention realtek drivers for some reason causing the issue, so I'll remove all of them, as I use an external sound card anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Did you monitor your GPU temps?

I'm not sure he should?

If it cannot handle running at 100% without breaking down, then the cooling isn't fit for purpose and should be returned to the vendor.

I expect what i buy to do what it says on the tin.

I enjoy picking a random target and hunting them across the map.

Everything else in the online mode is found better elsewhere. There are better pvp, better racing, etc to be found.

But nowhere is there better random chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,055 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Playing in a race with 30 players, super cars, traffic enabled, night, raining and collisions.

This is epic

Its just pure carnage

Headshot wrote: »
    Playing in a race with 30 players, super cars, traffic enabled, night, raining and collisions.

This is epic

Its just pure carnage

How do you get to do that?

• Advertisement

Find the right race and be host

Find the right race and be host

How do you find races? I've only played online for 30 minutes or so and it was a complete mess of people driving tanks around.

use your map and search for races.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

This is epic

Its just pure carnage

Hard enough to get a race with 5 or so people!

use your map and search for races.

I can only see shops and other players right now...

How do you find races? I've only played online for 30 minutes or so and it was a complete mess of people driving tanks around.

Join BRDS and you will have people tp play with.

I can only see shops and other players right now...

Use your phone (press up arrow), and go to quick job.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Use Quick Job to find a job in progress. Use Play Job to host your own.

Try setting up a popular race such as Taxiing. Use the auto-invite option and leave matchmaking as 'open'. You'll soon fill up all the slots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jesus, is he always like that?

Advertisement