Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

For Fcuk sake, just lost my save games... No way im starting the single player again for a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Glebee wrote: »
    For Fcuk sake, just lost my save games... No way im starting the single player again for a while..

Does it not save them to the cloud? That's the good thing about Origin they backup saves to the cloud.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Trying to buy this on steam now and I'm getting some stupid error message and it won't proceed with the sale. Such a pain in the ass. I'm bloody dying to play it now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Trying to buy this on steam now and I'm getting some stupid error message and it won't proceed with the sale. Such a pain in the ass. I'm bloody dying to play it now.

I finally got it working. I now have a dilemma. If it's current download speed stays consistent then it'll be finished downloading by 2AM. Given that it may fluctuate and the time it takes to install it let's just make that 3AM. I don't have work tomorrow, should I stay up to play it for an hour or two before getting some sleep. Bear in mind an hour or two will more than likely become 5 or 6. It's very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I finally got it working. I now have a dilemma. If it's current download speed stays consistent then it'll be finished downloading by 2AM. Given that it may fluctuate and the time it takes to install it let's just make that 3AM. I don't have work tomorrow, should I stay up to play it for an hour or two before getting some sleep. Bear in mind an hour or two will more than likely become 5 or 6. It's very tempting.

Do it!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

a wise man sleeps when they can, a fool sleeps when they are tired ;)

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Do it!!!!

You make a very compelling and well thought out argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

you know what the answer is.

froog wrote: »
    you know what the answer is.

The download speed is fluctuating a little too much for my liking. However, I have just arrived back from Tesco and Doritos, Skittles and chocolate have been stockpiled just to be on the safe side.

The download speed is fluctuating a little too much for my liking. However, I have just arrived back from Tesco and Doritos, Skittles and chocolate have been stockpiled just to be on the safe side.

I like the sound of that, you are making me hungry now.

• Advertisement

Does it not save them to the cloud? That's the good thing about Origin they backup saves to the cloud.

Cant find any reerence to it. Brings me into the very first mission on single player start up. If I go to load a game theres no saves to load:(

Cant find any reerence to it. Brings me into the very first mission on single player start up. If I go to load a game theres no saves to load:(

Not good, were you far into it. I am only a bit in as i already played the whole thing before and even done all the stupid missions like
    swimming the whole coast all the way round looking for submarine parts and also a triathlon that goes on for ages starts in the country side and ends up in the city, swimming the full length of the lake, biking and running.

And I'm in. It's gonna be a long night.

Not good, were you far into it. I am only a bit in as i already played the whole thing before and even done all the stupid missions like
    swimming the whole coast all the way round looking for submarine parts and also a triathlon that goes on for ages starts in the country side and ends up in the city, swimming the full length of the lake, biking and running.

Just a few missions into when Trever arrived in Los Santos. Not too far I suppose really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Just a few missions into when Trever arrived in Los Santos. Not too far I suppose really.

About the same myself. Although i've played it all before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I keep getting distracted by side missions and the online is good fun too so I'm not long after unlocking Trevor. Great game though, well worth the €60

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

more cheaters, this one is good.

Cant find him on R* anymore.

doughboymatt1 is there.

Well finished the tutorial heist earlier, never got a chance to play it as my brother was home and on the internet, it was pretty good, the last hack on the drive over was hard but I got it after a few attempts and then drilling the safe deposit box was hard as well until I figured out how to do it.

I also came second in a deathmatch (everyone against each other) the winner reached the limit 25 kills I had 22 but I had less deaths than him. I didn't get the objective either on the match before it was have more kills than deaths which I didn't have but the time I did have it the objective was kill someone within 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Looks like I might actually pick this game up eventually. Fun-allowed mods incoming. I hope they stick with it and make it cool. Just need them 100+ player lobbies with no radar and we're all set, really. No small task and perhaps impossible. But if Just Cause 2 can accept 1000+ lobbies as a single player game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

So despite saying gta v was going to be ****e on the rift I gave it a go, its actually good fun and pretty convincing, its not proper 3d, but what ever magic rockstar worked means the head tracking is dead smooth below 75 fps and runs well at high detail, so its one of the better games to use vorpx on. That and the fact in gta v its easy to spend hours just driving and exploring, rather than managing menus and cutscenes which just dont work right. Be wary of bans though, i play in offline mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ Careful. There's already news coming in that people are getting banned for FoV changes in single-player.

Restarted after my save games issues and now find I cant get past the section near the start with the stolen boat on the freeway.. Graphics keep focued on the guy hanging over the side of the boat and wont let me get the car into position. Oh well, it was good while it was working...:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Restarted after my save games issues and now find I cant get past the section near the start with the stolen boat on the freeway.. Graphics keep focued on the guy hanging over the side of the boat and wont let me get the car into position. Oh well, it was good while it was working...:(

If you're using a 360 controller press B to turn off the focus mode.
    Think it's caps lock on keyboard. Check your key bindings.

The Editor is a lot of fun. I really need to try something different with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I had this. Press R I think. (Whatever key is the action camera)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,055 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Does anyone else notice while playing online, your in a middle of free play and all of a sudden the other players leave the server and your the only one left. I counted like 12-18 players leaving at the same time

What the **** is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

finished the solo play today,
    Met Trevor's Ma!
    :D

Headshot wrote: »
    Does anyone else notice while playing online, your in a middle of free play and all of a sudden the other players leave the server and your the only one left. I counted like 12-18 players leaving at the same time

What the **** is that?

That happened me a few times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Endthescam

I was a but underwhelmed graphically. The 2gb graphics card was forcing me to use direct x 10 and little effects.
    Taking the population variety slider down left me able to turn most things up near max and holy ****. Completely new game. Depth of field effects are essential as is the best water.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Headshot wrote: »

What the **** is that?

I could be way off, but I think it is when they're all in a race together, and when the race finishes it migrates host and combines with another host on a different "session"

• Advertisement

It happened me one day everyone left the server and I was glad cause some idiot put a price on my head.

Advertisement