Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Headshot wrote: »
    Does anyone else notice while playing online, your in a middle of free play and all of a sudden the other players leave the server and your the only one left. I counted like 12-18 players leaving at the same time

What the **** is that?

Happened to me a few times over the weekend. Got first place rewards but then it dumped me back to my player instead or looking for a new game.

I just figured the online play was suffering at the weekend so stopped playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

When you see everyone leaving the server it's actually you who has left the server

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Has anyone come across cheats in the PC online deathmatc? Had a game yesterday with one guy pulling off constant headshots and not taking damage in return. It got to the stage where he had a gatling gun standing on a box and no-one could kill him. Just wondering if this could possibly be a game issue related to lag and poor connections or just outright cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

JD1763 wrote: »
    Has anyone come across cheats in the PC online deathmatc? Had a game yesterday with one guy pulling off constant headshots and not taking damage in return. It got to the stage where he had a gatling gun standing on a box and no-one could kill him. Just wondering if this could possibly be a game issue related to lag and poor connections or just outright cheating.

I'd say outright cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I've never used the first person mode as GTA has always been a 3rd person game to me. However, I gave it a try just for the driving and, well, it hurt my jaw. Whenever I carelessly speed around a corner and collide head-first into another car, I clench my teeth the split second before impact.

Great fun, but bad for my health.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think it's terrible for the driving, but essential for shooting. It's actually hilarious how easy the Amm-u-Nation firing ranges are now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yea I like to be in FP when in a death match but never driving of skydiving as you cannot see what is happening around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

All FPS games should have Armas free look, it really helps you look around but keep your weapon pointed in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

dreamers75 wrote: »
    All FPS games should have Armas free look, it really helps you look around but keep your weapon pointed in front.
    Yes they should, I keep forgetting myself and hitting what would be the free look button on my mouse and find myself running into traffic or a wall:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

First person in deathmatch gives me motion sickness - the movement is so unnatural and floaty. It just feels wrong and then I want to peuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

JD1763 wrote: »
    First person in deathmatch gives me motion sickness - the movement is so unnatural and floaty. It just feels wrong and then I want to peuk.

Turn off head bob may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Anyone using a first person FOV mod online? I can't stick the default one-way too narrow, don't want a slap of the ban hammer either..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

glynf wrote: »
    Anyone using a first person FOV mod online? I can't stick the default one-way too narrow, don't want a slap of the ban hammer either..

Online FOV mods result in a 14/15 day ban so probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Looks like iCEnhancer for GTA V(Its going to be called Timecycle mod for GTA V)is incoming,early screenshots already look really good,especially the water.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/18798-gta-v-icenhancer-mod-timecycle-first-screenshots-and-videos-released.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Is there a car physics mod out or being worked on to make more like GTA IV?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Endthescam

Is there a car physics mod out or being worked on to make more like GTA IV?

:eek:
    Why?

Endthescam wrote: »
    :eek:
    Why?

Is that a no?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is that a no?

I'd say so. I haven't played GTA IV since it came out(how many years ago that is I don't know) but as far as I remember the cars handled like shít.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The cars in IV handled more like real cars. ****ty cheap American cars. The cars in V all handle like sports cars.

My biggest gripe with V is the state of the helicopter controls. They maintain zero momentum and are frustratingly unrealistic. Pushing the cyclic slightly forward should cause the chopper to pitch forward and glide due its attitude. Releasing the cyclic should do feck all to correct this. In V you have to hold the cyclic fully forward for anything to happen. It's as if they just used the blimp controls and then added the turbulence wobble from the planes on top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Agreed, the handling in V is very arcade like. There is a mod here worth a try:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/gta-v-obey-9f-realistic-handling-mod-alpha-by-neurodnb

Not tried it yet, but its on the list.

Cheers Glynf. :)

So people who've tried mods, are you playing online too (without the mods enabled I mean)? Tempted to give a few a go, but I enjoy the Online too much to want to risk a ban.

Saw this list on PC Gamer too, lots of fun to be had there for sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

5uspect wrote: »
    The cars in IV handled more like real cars. ****ty cheap American cars. The cars in V all handle like sports cars.

My biggest gripe with V is the state of the helicopter controls. They maintain zero momentum and are frustratingly unrealistic. Pushing the cyclic slightly forward should cause the chopper to pitch forward and glide due its attitude. Releasing the cyclic should do feck all to correct this. In V you have to hold the cyclic fully forward for anything to happen. It's as if they just used the blimp controls and then added the turbulence wobble from the planes on top.
    I haven't found it to be like that in the PC version at least. The damn things are constantly moving around it's almost impossible to keep them in a straight line or in one position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

@Shiminay

Copy the game's contents to another directory and crack the launcher. Make that your mod game and you'll be grand. That might be easier said than done especially if you got the steam version as now you have 2 layers to crack.

Is there even a crack yet? I'm probably not going to buy the game until there is a way to play it with dedicated servers or without R* DRM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Shiminay wrote: »
    So people who've tried mods, are you playing online too (without the mods enabled I mean)? Tempted to give a few a go, but I enjoy the Online too much to want to risk a ban.

Saw this list on PC Gamer too, lots of fun to be had there for sure :)

I haven't tested this but from the description it looks like it could be a safe way to setup mods for singleplayer only: http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/35clvk/beta_gta_v_mod_manager_by_bilago/

It blocks GTAV in windows Firewall for local play only and symlinks the modfolder so it doesn't get used when playing online. The guy who created it also made a good launcher for Oculus Rift demos so he has a bit of history

I'm going to wait a while longer and see how the next ban wave pans out.

It'd be nice to wait for something more "permanent" from R* to see what's what, there's no panic :)

Shiminay wrote: »
    It'd be nice to wait for something more "permanent" from R* to see what's what, there's no panic :)

R* have stated that there won't be any bans for single-player mods. The issue seems to be when people forget that they have them installed and launch online play with the mods still installed. That's why the launcher that Jumbo linked to is an excellent piece of work.

Is GTA online any good? I briefly jumped into it last night. It seems like a bit of a mess.

• Advertisement

Is GTA online any good? I briefly jumped into it last night. It seems like a bit of a mess.

Each to their own. I don't think that I've every player the single player besides the initial tutorial :)

Advertisement