Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC

Options
  • 29-03-2015 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

anyone know who has cheapest price ?

thanks in advance! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Both options to buy on that site are out of stock (how does that happen with electronic download :)). I also heard before that you should try to avoid steam gift purchases where possible.
    Here's a breakdown of all prices available op;
    http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-gta-5-cd-key-compare-prices/

Has anyone pre-ordered this for PC? I ordered it back in Feb and I am dieing to play it now, if only for the first person. Already completed it on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

d31b0y wrote: »
    Both options to buy on that site are out of stock (how does that happen with electronic download :)). I also heard before that you should try to avoid steam gift purchases where possible.
    Here's a breakdown of all prices available op;
    http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-gta-5-cd-key-compare-prices/

Has anyone pre-ordered this for PC? I ordered it back in Feb and I am dieing to play it now, if only for the first person. Already completed it on the PS3.

I've it pre-ordered on Steam.

Can't wait for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Are those links reliable?

Are they going to block that game from your account after a few weeks on your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I promised myself I'd say "**** it, I'll wait til it's on sale, serves them right for making us wait to get it on PC".

The I realised I can get around that by having my girlfriend buy it for me for my birthday.

Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Pre-load started on Steam. 59GB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

hehe, that's a whopping 1 euro per gig on steam too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

Good Job I have a week to download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭xtal191

Is Nuuvem the cheapest place to pick this up?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Folks, there's an entire GTA Forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=828 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Shiminay wrote: »
    Folks, there's an entire GTA Forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=828 :D

I think this is so us master race PC heads can discuss the game in all its true glory and soon the gpu fans to the max ;)

.....I caved and bought it. Pre loaded today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Yeah i'd use that forum only i've been really careful about reading any GTA V threads at all, i dont wanna be spoiled - not that it matters a whole lot in GTA anyway but yeah, will wait til i own it before heading over

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yeah i'd use that forum only i've been really careful about reading any GTA V threads at all, i dont wanna be spoiled - not that it matters a whole lot in GTA anyway but yeah, will wait til i own it before heading over

You won't be disappointed it is a very good game. Trevor is the best. Nut job. I don't know if I will bother playing the single player again or just play it online.

I have been downloading since this time last night and I am only at 13GB. But it did stop itself 3 times and once during the night and I got up late so I don't know how much I missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Playing it on PS4 and ill be waiting till its a bit cheaper on PC before i pick it up.

Enjoyed the SP and ive put a good few hours into the online. My main problem with online is it can be too grindy for cash(pushing people towards microtransactions imo),and can become very repetitive. Load times are also shocking,like really bad. PC version load times should be better but they will still be long.

Also the heists are a great idea,having to do them with randomers not so much. The extra rewards when one is completed is welcome as the normal jobs pay very little for the time they require to complete. Although with heists there is nothing worse than waiting 5 minutes for a player to join,launch the mission only to find he jumps out and the game kicks all players to servers and the heist has to be set up again. Its quite painful to setup again with the load times.

In saying all that the game is great fun when playing with friends and its all working. Other than the above few critiques i look forward to trying it on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

xtal191 wrote: »
    Is Nuuvem the cheapest place to pick this up?

Seems to be. I've just gone against my no pre-order, let's wait for the price to be lower rule,but I can't see it being as cheap anytime soon elsewhere. That said, it is a bit of a risk as it's not known if it will be region locked and if it is, I don't fancy immigrating to Brazil to play it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

HAD this pre-ordered but cancelled it after the 2nd delay.

I'll pick it up for €30 at some stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Bit the bullet, bought and downloaded last night. Don't think I have ever payed that much for a game, but likely won't be buying anything else this year, and plenty in the backlog.

Wanted the steam version to stream to the living room occasionally to play on the telly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Your sig just reminded me of trying this out on my Oculus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Your sig just reminded me of trying this out on my Oculus :D

Is it supported?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We'll get a few boards heists going once its launched, to avoid having to run with total randomers. They can really kill the experience sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Is it supported?
    No, but 3D is supported so I guess there is a chance it will be supported in the future:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/what-new-things-should-you-expect-in-gta-v-pc/1100-6426472/

Standard 3D support requires 120 FPS i think? If so, the game engine can support the 75FPS that the DK2 requires for low persistence

I'm sure that one of those 3rd party VR wrapper applications like Vorpx or vireio perception might make it possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

omerin wrote: »
    Seems to be. I've just gone against my no pre-order,
    Yes, I am weak too, I would have bought it the other day but I have to wait until tomorrow now. Price has gone up more than €10 on g2play.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Is it supported?

It's PC, somebody will make it support it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Really torn about buying this pre-order, i have such a back log but it is GTA. Could be Buggy as hell for a few weeks, might wait for the summer sales, but I really want it. is it worth €60 for a game that is 18 months old?

is it worth €60 for a game that is 18 months old?
    No PC game is worth €60. Shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So when asked, "Modding took off for GTA IV PC. What are you doing to support modding for V? Is there anything within the game that supports it?"

R* replies with
    Since GTA Online has such a massive and vibrant community, our primary focus is making sure that nothing detracts from that experience or has a negative impact on the overall community of players

So in other words, DRM up the ass, no modding support, no fun allowed. Because if people are making private servers and custom game modes they're not falling into their new business model where you get punished for killing other players and being a 'bad sport' (in a GTA game) and have to pay money on your car insurance and pay other people's car insurance if you damage it (again, in a GTA game). I feel like this is all trying to get you to buy GTA DLC money. I remember on the PS3 it wasn't very long until they nerfed the heck out of almost all the game modes to give you barely any money and disabled online stock exchange where I lost millions of dollars that they wouldn't allow me to access and sell anymore.

This is definitely not a day 1 purchase or even a month-1 purchase. I'll have to see how this plays out and if people manage to get their own servers up or mods where we can actually have fun ffs. Oh, and breaking the player limit is a must for a game of this map size.

My dream is that someone manages to get all map markers of players turned off (except for your friends of course), heists and activities don't load into their own entire world but are instead seamless into the free roam. That way you won't get griefed by players tracking you on the map 24/7 but can hide in plain sight like an NPC in a regular looking (but buffed up under the hood) car. With skill, you might be able to ID players, stalk them, sabotage their heist and steal their loot that they got from the heist. Epic battles between two groups with police thrown in. Plus things like races speeding by you while you're going for a stroll would be immersive and highly entertaining. All that in a 50ish player lobby would be just be the best thing ever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

With GTA Online quite heavily integrated into it, there was never going to be mod tools released for this. Better for it to be locked down than totally ruined with cheaters and hacks.

I wouldn't expect a console port to have any modding in it. That's not to say it won't be modded.

They don't want third parties making content for their game that might compete with their own DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

GTA on console what full of cheaters and hackers. I don't see why the PC version is going to be any different. It's gonna happen.
    Kiith wrote: »
    Better for it to be locked down than totally ruined with cheaters and hacks.

This is an incredibly lame attitude that R* share with you and is the reason for a lot of anti-consumer postures towards modding. There's going to be hacking and cheating. You either let people have their own servers where they call the shots (and in turn ban undesirable kinds of hacking rather than the fun kind) or you allow it on the base game (not always a good idea). They're not allowing either and so we get the console GTA online experience as it is to day... which is garbage to me and always will be because it's at the mercy of R*.
    ScumLord wrote: »
    They don't want third parties making content for their game that might compete with their own DLC.

Exactly. But unlike some other companies they haven't adapted to understand this is a good thing and they should roll with it and possibly even monetize or take ideas from it. Fighting it tooth and nail only hurts the actual gamers.

• Advertisement

Exactly. But unlike some other companies they haven't adapted to understand this is a good thing and they should roll with it and possibly even monetize or take ideas from it. Fighting it tooth and nail only hurts the actual gamers.
    It can be a good thing, but the fact is Rockstar are in this to make money. GTA is their product and they can restrict it as they see fit. They seem to want to make an online experience and as such they need to know their game is stable across many machines.

I play race sims that allow modding and every time there's an update the mods stop working, sometimes you can't take part because you didn't realise your version of the mod is out of date. Poorly made mods break games.

Modding introduces a lot of problems, they don't matter so much in a single player experience but online mods can cause a lot of headaches.

Advertisement