Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

Myself and a mate tried the heists for the first time the other day.
    We had a nightmare. Twice we had a Level 1 player join and he kept getting killed.
    We couldn't see how to boot him so we had to close the session and start again.
    Then the session closed twice close to the end of the last mission.
    I felt like we wasted 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

EITS wrote: »
    I thought you only needed to own the apartment to host the heist?

Here was me thinking I did a heist before, clearly not! :p

Well thats true,own a high end apartment and be lvl 12 or above. There the only real requirements.

You will need good guns and decent armour aswell though as the heists are tough enough. You can buy heist clothing as well which inconjunction with super heavy armour makes you very hard to kill.

Nothing worse than playing a heist and watch a guy with only a pistol run up to a group of enemies like rambo. Good gear is essential fo heists. Also learn how to stock up on armour and snacks and how to use them from the inventory menu. Very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

This incarnation of GTA V has made me very ungrateful of my current PC build :P It would run this game but I'm better off with my Xbox One version in regards to any form of aesthetics. Need to upgrade this rig.. again!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I only discovered in the last 4 weeks that you can store spare armour in your inventory along with snacks to restore health. *REALLY* important facts to remember when Heisting :D

Shiminay wrote: »
    I only discovered in the last 4 weeks that you can store spare armour in your inventory along with snacks to restore health. *REALLY* important facts to remember when Heisting :D

Ye its nearly essential for the heists to know how to use inventory. Heist armour/clothing from a clothes store is extremely helpful as well.

To use it on a heist the host needs to select to allow "player saved outfits" on the mission settings screen for the heists that allow it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

After managing to avoid the game since I bought it, I finally have my GTX 970 installed and tweeked. I can get back to it. I'm as happy as a pig in poop right now :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,055 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads is there away to do the tutorial for the online part of GTA V

Unfortunately I skipped it by accident

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Finally getting into the online play. Did some races, they were grand mostly. Some drivers a bit too fond of crashing. Air races are pretty stupid. There is no very dominant way to fly the plane, so you pretty much all end up entering the gate at the same time. Even if you're trying to leave room the gates aren't big enough and it's a lottery who explodes and who doesn't.

Some of the car races are really stupid, there is one that keeps switching motorways, and every time you come to an offramp there is a bottleneck. It leads to awful crashing. Its about 50% reckless driving and 50% unavoidable contact.

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads is there away to do the tutorial for the online part of GTA V

Unfortunately I skipped it by accident

If you've only created the character, just delete it and go again. The tiny amount of money you mad have made is not going to make any difference.

Speaking of which, I deleted my character earlier and I still had all his cash on the new character I created. Is the bank account-wide?
    errlloyd wrote: »
    Finally getting into the online play. Did some races, they were grand mostly.

Just did a few races myself and have never laughed so much. When you can't win, take out everyone else. So funny but whats with the random spawning cars right in front of me? I was in 3rd and just before the line, a car spawned in front of me. SMASH. Came 6th.

If I delete my online account would that result in not having all that pre-order money?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If I delete my online account would that result in not having all that pre-order money?

Like I said, can't be totally sure. I think the bank might be account-wide. I deleted my character yesterday and created a new one with the same name. It ended up having all my previous characters money.

Did a quick search on "Shared bank" there and it seems others have confirmed it for me.

NB: Not my fault if you do it and lose all your money.

Just create a second dummy character, skip the tut again and see if he can access all your bank money. Then delete and create your real character if he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

bought this yesterday, after all the downloading and updating i tried playing some online today, its near unplayable for me :( every other player is lagging to holy hell (in one spot one moment another the next) particularly in cars, racing was a mess with cars lagging this way and that! is anyone else experiencing this?

The the online is a big mess. Players lagging none stop. Cant join friends or crews. Friends showing up as offline even though they are playing. Its extremely buggy game.

The the online is a big mess. Players lagging none stop. Cant join friends or crews. Friends showing up as offline even though they are playing. Its extremely buggy game.

youd think after the mess this was on ps3 at release nearly 2 years ago they would have tidied it up somewhat :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I know I'm a broken record as I keep saying this but I keep getting kicked back to single player it is really annoying. But i don't play it very often and when i do want to play I cannot connect, so I don't know if it my bad connection or it is happening to everybody.

What kills me is the length of time to load a job/mission during online play. It feels like it takes an age to actually get into the online game and play missions

What kills me is the length of time to load a job/mission during online play. It feels like it takes an age to actually get into the online game and play missions

I know it is annoying, is it like that if you have a SSD? I have it on a hard drive as I have limited space on my 120 GB boot drive SSD.

I know it is annoying, is it like that if you have a SSD? I have it on a hard drive as I have limited space on my 120 GB boot drive SSD.

I dont have it on an SSD but I dont think it will make a significant change. The single player loading is grand.

Its just bad optimised for the PC when it comes to online

I dont have it on an SSD but I dont think it will make a significant change. The single player loading is grand.

I remember reading that it is the same for the console versions as well. Really long load times as well. But one thing I can say is once I get into a game(death match, race, etc..) it works fine, but if I go to free mode I always get kicked back to single player. I did get kicked from a game once or twice but that was the host left so everyone got kicked.

• Advertisement

i was constantly being put into lobbies by myself or just getting sent back to sp, then i started joining players but they where all lagging around me :( pretty much bought this on pc to play freemode with some buddies but if it stays like this thats a no go

i was constantly being put into lobbies by myself

That happens me as well but as I said once you get into a game, like actually running around and shooting people like in death match it works fine.

Also someone else was talking about the constant crashing into people that happens in a race mode, the host can turn that off in settings. I was in a race with a few people and everybody was invisible so you could drive straight through people, quite enjoyable. That was actually last night and we kept picking repeat at the end so we done the same track about 5 times before we picked random. And I got put in a parachute race.

The load times and matchmaking are just as bad on console. These issues are not unique to the PC version of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Is it possible to transfer single player story mode from console to PC?

I got quite far on the xbox 360. Was hoping i might be able to transfer the save and continue on the PC.

I've seen you can transfer online progress but not story mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its the same on Ps3 so dont think its a hardware issue. I on SSD too.

Now i have got r* to return my car from PS3 but I forget what car i had :(

They want the model in the support chat...umm any way to find that out...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

not sure if this is the place to post this, or if I should even use this site to post this but...

I just accidently bought a GTA V key thinking it was for steam but its actually only for the rockstar club launcher thing

....does anyone want to paypal me €40 for it?

I just want to get the steam version

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

shaneb92 wrote: »
    not sure if this is the place to post this, or if I should even use this site to post this but...

I just accidently bought a GTA V key thinking it was for steam but its actually only for the rockstar club launcher thing

Makes no odds your buddy list is tied to the R* version. You can join Steam buddies and sometimes....sometimes it will drop you into their game. But for proper invites and stuff it goes tru the R* login.

So no real point in selling it, your still gonna end out using the R* platform.

shaneb92 wrote: »

Dreamers75 is right,ultimately it will make little difference. The only advantage i can see is that steam may have a consistently better download speeds but that would be it really.

I sent you a PM anyway,i was about to cave and buy the game on GMG for €46 in the VIP section so if your determined to get a stem copy ill take the key off your hands no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

getting really sick of the constant disconnects from online and the long loading times.

• Advertisement

froog wrote: »
    getting really sick of the constant disconnects from online and the long loading times.

Same as me, I have gone back to my most played online game Battlefield 4. Even with my bad internet connection it works perfect.

Advertisement