Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone up for doing some heists online (it's a lot more interesting with someone to talk to, pm me)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

How do you guys play GTAV ?

I've been playing exclusively in 1st person mode. Even while driving.

I use a controller most of the time in single player, and switch to KB+M for multiplayer. With a controller for when I need to drive in MP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've gone almost exclusively first person, though i occasionally have to switch if I've to do something out of the ordinary (i.e. good luck using the tow truck in first person without working mirrors). Use a joypad for driving, and m/kb for moving/shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Kiith wrote: »
    I've gone almost exclusively first person, though i occasionally have to switch if I've to do something out of the ordinary (i.e. good luck using the tow truck in first person without working mirrors). Use a joypad for driving, and m/kb for moving/shooting.

I usually just switch to cinematic mode when hooking up a car to the tow truck. Been using cinematic mode loads too on drives, its pretty fun and satisfying when you pull off nice turns while using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've stuck pretty much to 3rd person. Don't see any great benefit to 1st person and I feel like I'm missing out.

I stick to controller most of the time but I can't shot with it. I have to switch to mouse which can often get me killed if I'm too slow doing the switch.

Really can't use a controller for shooting, it's damn near impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I use a xbox one controller all time for all PC gaming and GTA V. Like Scumlord(except the opposite) using the mouse is near impossible for me, but I think that is because of the crappy mouse I have which is a cheap wireless one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I was switching to the xbox controller for driving but it didn't feel comfortable just use the keyboard and mouse now and its grand

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You can't do this on consoles :pac:

Heists are a nightmare. Getting 4 people who don't know each other to do everything without ****ing up is impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

how annoying is the kuruma? when you don't have one of course.

• Advertisement

froog wrote: »

You get it in the very first heist mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its bulletproof not rocket or sticky bomb proof.

lol hacker......pwnd?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,055 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I really like GTA V online, its great fun when it works right but unfortunately that is quite seldom.

The lag, crashes back to SP and the so many bugs with invites is killing the game

Rockstar fix the ****ing MP

Headshot wrote: »
    I really like GTA V online, its great fun when it works right but unfortunately that is quite seldom.

The lag, crashes back to SP and the so many bugs with invites is killing the game

I'm glad it is not only happening me, I didn't want to keep saying it as I feel I have been repeating myself all the time when I post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Yeah, in general online just takes too long to do anything, loading back into the open world can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes!! Hard to just get in and have a quick go when you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Headshot wrote: »

It wont be fixed anytime soon :/ . It's like that on consoles and they have done shag all in 18 months to fix it.

errlloyd wrote: »
    You get it in the very first heist mission.

it unlocks but you still have to pay 525000 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

it unlocks but you still have to pay 525000 for it.

It's worth it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Burgo wrote: »
    It wont be fixed anytime soon :/ . It's like that on consoles and they have done shag all in 18 months to fix it.

The fact its slow in single player as well seems to indicate its the game itself, not too surprising as its such a big open world job. Im half tempted to find 70gb on the ssd, but its a bit of an ordeal..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭xtal191

Could someone do me a huge favour and upload their GTAV.exe GTAVLauncer.exe and PlayGTAV.exe from the latest patch.

My game has stopped working and crashes every time a try to continue story mode. I'm pretty sure Social Club keeps failing to update the exes, so I just need to try ones that have already been patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

imitation wrote: »
    The fact its slow in single player as well seems to indicate its the game itself, not too surprising as its such a big open world job. Im half tempted to find 70gb on the ssd, but its a bit of an ordeal..

I have mine on an ssd and it's still slow.

xtal191 wrote: »
    Could someone do me a huge favour and upload their GTAV.exe GTAVLauncer.exe and PlayGTAV.exe from the latest patch.

My game has stopped working and crashes every time a try to continue story mode. I'm pretty sure Social Club keeps failing to update the exes, so I just need to try ones that have already been patched.

Delete yours and re-download the setup executable and then run it from uninstall a program in control panel and click repair and it will download the three executables that are missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Closed friend sessions are the way to go with online of you just want to do jobs. Quicker to get in and out of jobs from those servers than the normal public ones. Only difference is you dont have randomers flying around.

Also never select freemode to get out of normal jobs rotation. Just quit the lobby and you should be straight back to your closed friend server.

There are a few tricks to help minamise the load times,ill try post them as i remember them!

Also shooting people is an absolute joy on a kb/m in comparison to console:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'm sticking with the controller.

Set the auto aim to semi or full assist. Problem solved.

KB and shooting people Xbox for driving.

No new issues with online, same issues that were on PS3. Fidning it running brilliantly on PC and if you plan your closed invite sessions on comms you dont have all the loading or faffing bout screens.

i've given up on online for a while anyway, played for an hour today and only actually played for about 20 minutes, rest was loading screens, getting booted to singleplayer, servers clearing out, or waiting ages for a heist to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Dedicated servers being worked on by the same community that created dedicated servers for GTA 4:
    http://fivem.net/

It's nowhere near ready for release yet but if you're a super nerd you can have a tinker with it yourself:
    http://tohjo.eu/avail/citiweb/blob/40257699f97182f380e6fdf7c41308a11502f2ec/src/documents/documentation/03-developer-guide/index.html.md

People are speculating that there could be more pressure from rockstar this time since GTA Online seems to be something rockstar intends to milk long-term so they might not be too happy about private servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Is there a boards crew for pc?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Crews are Cross-Platform - hit up the GTA Forum.

Advertisement