Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 30 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

dahat wrote: »
    The margain between shrewd move and hideous error of judgement is a very very thin line, who is brave enough to gamble?

Silva/Aguero
    Eriksen/Kane

Dumping two of those could kill a season. If it was me I'd dump Silva and Eriksen, aren't the other two on penalties?

Aguero and Kane are the two biggest risks since they're >90% owned in the upper echelons and big captain choices. I wouldn't be as worried going without Silva and Eriksen. On the flip side if Aguero kept blanking and you spent the money wisely you would make huge gains

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Aguero and Kane are the two biggest risks since they're >90% owned in the upper echelons and big captain choices. I wouldn't be as worried going without Silva and Eriksen. On the flip side if Aguero kept blanking and you spent the money wisely you would make huge gains

I have all four of these players. :pac: And Sanchez too. So if they don't all pick up the slack soon, I'll be doing some serious thinking. I don't even know who I'd replace them with!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, have 2. Think its clear the template is needing to change. The thing will be making the right changes. Sanchez or Aguero could both destroy you if you let them go and they clicked. Eriksen has good fixtures but double Spurs cover is a bit much, and good differentials like Mane and Siggy could really fire you on if you got it right.

If you could make a few hideous errors of judgement around now it would be most welcome. :) And Mr Edgbaston too.

Im thinking doing nothing could be an error of judgement. Im going to take action next week probably aguero out. Mr edgbaston has his wildcard unfortunately:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Forgot about Alderwield... Is he fit again?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Forgot about Alderwield... Is he fit again?

Started against Chelsea last weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

dahat wrote: »
    The margain between shrewd move and hideous error of judgement is a very very thin line, who is brave enough to gamble?

Silva/Aguero
    Eriksen/Kane

Dumping two of those could kill a season. If it was me I'd dump Silva and Eriksen, aren't the other two on penalties?

Already done PVA to Alder and I have all 4 so I know the minute I do a -4 for any of them they score a hat-trick and I will be posting in the Gameweek 30 thread 'FFS I can't believe I took a -4 hit to get (insert name here) and he goes and gets sent off and then (Silva/Aguero/Eriksen/Kane) scores a hat-trick FML etc' so know I won't be putting myself through that agony.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Started against Chelsea last weekend.

And took a direct free kick

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

And took a direct free kick

And hit it a hell of a wallop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭qwabercd

The absolute cut of my defense at the moment:
    Foster - injured
    Non playing sub goalie (myhill injured when I wildcarded)
    Haidara - injured
    Bellerin - rotation risk probably be rested after midweek
    PVA - probably dropped
    Kompany - The only thing worse than city's defense is Kompany himself
    Dawson - Fixtures ain't the best

Going to take a 4 point hit to replace 3 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Transfers done and a 4 point hit! Can't do any worse than I have done the last few weeks.

In GW25 I did Giroud to Sturridge - 31 points from Giroud since to Sturridge's 22
    In GW26 I did Puncheon - Yaya. 19 points from Puncheon since to Yaya's 9

So thanks very much Yaya and Studge for your minus 19 point haul for a combined fee of 21.9m. It was my pleasure tonight to sell you both. Goodbye and good riddance.

Yaya -> Mane
    PVA -> Ivanovic
    Sturridge -> Benteke (2 week, 3 game punt)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Spurion

Bellerin -> Alderweireld
    Foster -> Ospina

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Note sure what transfer if any to make, Lukaku is scoring goals in Europe for fun, and got one last week, plus won't miss any GW's i think, so best to keep for time being - all other alternatives are missing GW's.

Possible sanchez for Siggy...

Panit/Krul
    Rose/Clarke/PVA/Sakho/Ward
    Sanchez/Silva/Hazard/Eriksen/Philips
    Lukaku/Kane/Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Head is wrecked. Swansea and West Ham's upcoming fixtures are so good I want to make lots of transfers. Feels too boring just bringing Naughton in for PVA but it's probably what I'll end up doing. Would love to get Siggy or Downing but can't risk taking Sanchez out...despite his recent form and recent tendancies for yellow cards. (FYI people - he is currently on 4 yellows).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Head is wrecked. Swansea and West Ham's upcoming fixtures are so good I want to make lots of transfers. Feels too boring just bringing Naughton in for PVA but it's probably what I'll end up doing. Would love to get Siggy or Downing but can't risk taking Sanchez out...despite his recent form and recent tendancies for yellow cards. (FYI people - he is currently on 4 yellows).

I know the feeling, I'm not that unhappy with my team currently but am keen on a few players I'd love to get in. Alderweireld (to double on Saints defence), Ospina, Mane, Siggy, Costa and Naughton would all be in now if I had a magic wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Shedite27

qwabercd wrote: »
    The absolute cut of my defense at the moment:
    Foster - injured
    Non playing sub goalie (myhill injured when I wildcarded)
    Haidara - injured
    Bellerin - rotation risk probably be rested after midweek
    PVA - probably dropped
    Kompany - The only thing worse than city's defense is Kompany himself
    Dawson - Fixtures ain't the best

Going to take a 4 point hit to replace 3 of them.
    Getting a GK is a priority. After that, I'd look at Haidara first, then a toss up between Dawson/PVA.

Naughton should be a direct swap for Haidara, similar price and lovely fixtures coming up.

Then maybe Adrian in goal and Alderweirled in defense? Both teams have decent fixtures for the rest of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Lads I have both Sanchez and Cazorla.

Should I get rid of one, both or neither?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lads I have both Sanchez and Cazorla.

Should I get rid of one, both or neither?

Sanchez has been moved deeper but he is still getting into the box Cazorla seems to have been moved in deeper again I'd move him on a lot less potential than Sanchez and more likely to be rotated I would have thought. Keep both for Newcastle though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

jimmii wrote: »
    Sanchez has been moved deeper but he is still getting into the box Cazorla seems to have been moved in deeper again I'd move him on a lot less potential than Sanchez and more likely to be rotated I would have thought. Keep both for Newcastle though.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm dumping Jones this week. I think he'll play, but has poor fixtures over the next few weeks. My aim will be do Costa in for Austin in a few weeks time, so I need to start banking some money with each transfer. With that in mind, I'm thinking over a villa defender in for Jones. Home game this week, and 2 games next week. If villa get 1 clean sheet in their next 3, that would give him 6+2+2=10, an average of 5 for 2 GWs, I'd be very happy with that.

The issue who to go for. Clark is 1 card away from a ban. Okore hasn't been brilliant, so not 100% convinced that Vlaar won't come in for 1 of those 3 games. In Huttons absence, Bacuna has done well, so he may keep his place. And looks like Cissokho is nearing fitness, but don't know for certain if he'll play.

I'm dumping Jones this week. I think he'll play, but has poor fixtures over the next few weeks. My aim will be do Costa in for Austin in a few weeks time, so I need to start banking some money with each transfer. With that in mind, I'm thinking over a villa defender in for Jones. Home game this week, and 2 games next week. If villa get 1 clean sheet in their next 3, that would give him 6+2+2=10, an average of 5 for 2 GWs, I'd be very happy with that.

The issue who to go for. Clark is 1 card away from a ban. Okore hasn't been brilliant, so not 100% convinced that Vlaar won't come in for 1 of those 3 games. In Huttons absence, Bacuna has done well, so he may keep his place. And looks like Cissokho is nearing fitness, but don't know for certain if he'll play.

Who has been playing lb for villa and what are the chances of hutton starting.

• Advertisement

Who has been playing lb for villa and what are the chances of hutton starting.

Lowton has been playing LB, but he's really not very good!

If Lambert was still there, I'd say Hutton would be straight back in, but Sherwood is more attacking, and Bacuna is a more attacking player, so I'd say that's a pretty tough one to call. I'd imagine Hutton is most likely to play, based on his season as a whole, but I'd doubt he's nailed on.

Edit: I've changed my mind on the bit in bold! When you think that we stuffed Sunderland away from home, I can't see Sherwood changing anything unless he has to, especially for a home game. Hutton may come in then for the away game to United, when a draw would be a good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CorkyLFC

2 FT's this week, so have gone and done Sanchez -> Downing and Austin -> Costa. Wanted to get Costa back into the team for past few weeks so this was the best oppurtunity.

Team this week

Guzan
    Rose-Cresswell-Hutton
    Downing-Eriksen-Silva-Hazard
    Aguero-Kane-Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CorkyLFC wrote: »
    2 FT's this week, so have gone and done Sanchez -> Downing and Austin -> Costa. Wanted to get Costa back into the team for past few weeks so this was the best oppurtunity.

Team this week

Guzan
    Rose-Cresswell-Hutton
    Downing-Eriksen-Silva-Hazard
    Aguero-Kane-Costa

Selling Sanchez before Newcastle and Austin before a DGW is definitely brave! Should be a nice ranking jump if it come soff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

This is my team. I'm 2nd in a very competitive league and my team is full of differentials compared to the others. I have 2 FT.

Krul Pantilimon
    Ivanovic Koscielny Naughton McShane C.Dawson
    Ozil Fabregas Eriksen Boyd Blind
    Kane Aguero Sturridge

I need to move Fabregas on but with Chelsea having an extra game to play I don't want to go without Chelsea attack. So my question is this; is it worth taking the risk on selling Aguero to Rooney/Giroud so I can upgrade Fabregas to Hazard? My other option is Sturridge to Giroud & Fabregas to Hazard but since Arsenal have a blank gameweek coming up I'd probably be better off waiting til closer to the double to bring in an extra one, and Hazard's price rise the other night leaves me 0.1 short to get both him & Costa. Another option would be Aguero to Costa & Fabregas to Silva

I'll also be moving Blind on, he was a cheap short term punt anyway, but he can wait as he'll be benched this week. Might swap him for N'Zogbia/Sinclair for their double next week if I'm confident of still fielding 11 players in GW 33. Not sure if it'd be worth a minus 4 this week since neither are nailed on yet.

1. Aguero to Rooney, Fabregas to Hazard (0.3)
    2. Sturridge to Giroud, Fabregas to Hazard (1.0)
    3. Aguero to Costa, Fabregas to Silva (1.2)
    4. Fabregas to Hazard, Eriksen to Mane (0.0)
    5. Fabregas to Hazard, Eriksen to Henderson (0.1)

*I only realised options 4 & 5 were possible now. Looking at it the Mane transfer is probably my safest bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CorkyLFC

DGW 34 is what im thinking about with Costa and Hazard and should have another 2 FTS built up by then too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Anybody got any news on Wollscheid?
    I kind of want to get in Alderweild for him if injured or PVA, but have a feeling that Advocaat might play PVA in an attacking role so would like to hold out to see. Might even end up banking this transfer...

Lowton has been playing LB, but he's really not very good!

If Lambert was still there, I'd say Hutton would be straight back in, but Sherwood is more attacking, and Bacuna is a more attacking player, so I'd say that's a pretty tough one to call. I'd imagine Hutton is most likely to play, based on his season as a whole, but I'd doubt he's nailed on.

Edit: I've changed my mind on the bit in bold! When you think that we stuffed Sunderland away from home, I can't see Sherwood changing anything unless he has to, especially for a home game. Hutton may come in then for the away game to United, when a draw would be a good result.

That's what I was thinking is there any chance hutton plays lb or is Lowton naturally left footed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

This is my team. I'm 2nd in a very competitive league and my team is full of differentials compared to the others. I have 2 FT.

Krul Pantilimon
    Ivanovic Koscielny Naughton McShane C.Dawson
    Ozil Fabregas Eriksen Boyd Blind
    Kane Aguero Sturridge

I need to move Fabregas on but with Chelsea having an extra game to play I don't want to go without Chelsea attack. So my question is this; is it worth taking the risk on selling Aguero to Rooney/Giroud so I can upgrade Fabregas to Hazard? My other option is Sturridge to Giroud & Fabregas to Hazard but since Arsenal have a blank gameweek coming up I'd probably be better off waiting til closer to the double to bring in an extra one, and Hazard's price rise the other night leaves me 0.1 short to get both him & Costa. Another option would be Aguero to Costa & Fabregas to Silva

I'll also be moving Blind on, he was a cheap short term punt anyway, but he can wait as he'll be benched this week. Might swap him for N'Zogbia/Sinclair for their double next week if I'm confident of still fielding 11 players in GW 33. Not sure if it'd be worth a minus 4 this week since neither are nailed on yet.

1. Aguero to Rooney, Fabregas to Hazard (0.3)
    2. Sturridge to Giroud, Fabregas to Hazard (1.0)
    3. Aguero to Costa, Fabregas to Silva (1.2)
    4. Fabregas to Hazard, Eriksen to Mane (0.0)
    5. Fabregas to Hazard, Eriksen to Henderson (0.1)

*I only realised options 4 & 5 were possible now. Looking at it the Mane transfer is probably my safest bet.
    Option 4 sounds the best alright.

That's what I was thinking is there any chance hutton plays lb or is Lowton naturally left footed.

I wouldn't like to call it either way. Cissokho being close to fitness too also confuses things. Basically, I don't think I'd be getting in Hutton, Lowton or Cissokho. If you already have Hutton, then that's a tougher one. If I had Hutton, I feel I'd want another guaranteed starter from another team as back up!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't like to call it either way. Cissokho being close to fitness too also confuses things. Basically, I don't think I'd be getting in Hutton, Lowton or Cissokho. If you already have Hutton, then that's a tougher one. If I had Hutton, I feel I'd want another guaranteed starter from another team as back up!

I have Hutton Pva and Wolly so it's a case of wondering who to take out. If Wolly is fit ill probably sit tight.

Advertisement