Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A treatise on Mick Wallace

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Jim2007 wrote:
    No this is not the case! If he has material evidence the then he has a valid defence in taking to the Garda. But at this point I doubt that he has anything beyond hearsay.

The Gardai have proved themselves to be politically biased and sadly not to be trusted.
    Why have no arrests been made from evidence from the moriaty tribunal?
    Cliare Daly's arrest for alleged drunk driving shows that the Gardai are nothing more than another arm of the political establishment.
    FG showing there contempt justice. As long as you are one of there followers you'll be fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

I was under the impression that Daly didn't pass the breathalyser test because the machine "didn't register a reading" (I wonder why?) but hey....

You mean like Mr. Shatter?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/shatter-i-failed-to-complete-breath-test-for-gardai-because-of-asthma-232221.html

Or what do you mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

im talking about the gardai using their own judgment which is exactly what was used when wallace was caught on the phone.

this is also the what is used when penelty points got cancelled by high ranking members of AGS. ( Again for those who missed it, public inquiry found no wrong doing )

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/wallace-got-120k-in-garda-arrest-claim-29289689.html

Looks like wallaces issued with the gardai goes back a bit longer than he likes to admit. and his use of influence as a developer . getting relaeased with out charge beforethe garda could dela with him , then getting a big fat settlement based only on wallaces version of events.
    Seems legit doesn't it ?

also nice to see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/four-boys-including-mick-wallaces-son-expelled-over-facebook-sex-claims-about-teachers-26854499.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

mynamejeff wrote: »
    im talking about the gardai using their own judgment which is exactly what was used when wallace was caught on the phone.

this is also the what is used when penelty points got cancelled by high ranking members of AGS. ( Again for those who missed it, public inquiry found no wrong doing )

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/wallace-got-120k-in-garda-arrest-claim-29289689.html

Looks like wallaces issued with the gardai goes back a bit longer than he likes to admit. and his use of influence as a developer . getting relaeased with out charge beforethe garda could dela with him , then getting a big fat settlement based only on wallaces version of events.
    Seems legit doesn't it ?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/four-boys-including-mick-wallaces-son-expelled-over-facebook-sex-claims-about-teachers-26854499.html

Jaysis, are you really using the mans child as a stick to beat him?

Satriale wrote: »

no beating him would make me a criminal , just like him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

exactly the same I imagine. For all the hot air many politicians blow it's amazing they can't complete a breathalyser test.
    I didn't ask if you'd be shocked.

Would you expect to read about him passing a breathalyser test in the local paper?

I notice you seem to have missed that part of my question so I'm asking you that again.
    No but then my neighbour is not a person in the public eye. I would be in favour of it but I understand why papers would publish Daly story over my unknown to the masses neighbour. Much the same way if he was done for drunk driving, it would not be mentioned in the national media whereas I would expect any TD to be shamed by the papers.

Mick Wallace does not have to do a lot of work himself.

Whistle blowers and people with a grievance are queueing up to tell him stories ..... because he is anti establishment . And because he has a public voice. He is not off investigating and digging up stuff himself. It comes to him.

He does not seem to be able to back anything up as he refuses to go before the PAC...... which makes one wonder if it's not hearsay and 3rd party information at best!

Seems legit doesn't it ?

You forgot to say he was compensated for wrongful arrest.

Wrongful.

He was the victim of wrongful arrest and he was compensated for it after challenging it.

If I believed I'd been wrongfully arrested I'd do the same thing.

If I felt I shouldn't have to take penalty points I might have beseeched someone to wipe them for me too.

I never did btw. I took them unlike others.

But if there is no way for it be done except by meeting very strict criteria this avenue for beneficiaries is closed.

A system open to abuse is going to be abused.

You forgot to say he was compensated for wrongful arrest.

Wrongful.

He was the victim of wrongful arrest and he was compensated for it after challenging it.

If I believed I'd been wrongfully arrested I'd do the same thing.

If I felt I shouldn't have to take penalty points I might have beseeched someone to wipe them for me too.

I never did btw. I took them unlike others.

But if there is no way for it be done except by meeting very strict criteria this avenue for beneficiaries is closed.

A system open to abuse is going to be abused.

how do you know it was wrongful?

"somehow " wallace escaped due process.

no court no evidence was allowed to be given no witnesses called nothing . yet some how a very wealthy man walked out of the garda station with no further action .

I wonder who he rang with his phone call ?

then he gets 100 000 quid for a garda daring to apply the same laws to him as every one else ,

ya he is a real class act alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Lad made a mistake, a serious one. Thank God my parents were not in the public eye for my indiscretions to get raked over years later. You're some big man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

You implied that Daly passed the breathalyser test. She didn't. That's why she was arrested.

You implied that Daly passed the breathalyser test. She didn't. That's why she was arrested.

You're implying that she was caught drunk driving.
    She wasn't.
    She was found to be under the limit.

There's been talk of equipment not registering a reading.

Are you implying that she refused to give a breath sample?

That would be a separate offence in itself.

But that wasn't the case.

Perhaps she got a bit hot under the collar, fair enough arrest her.

I don't have any issue with that.

My point is that it's the first time I've seen such hubris over someone being found to be under the limit.

And that's even leaving aside the little matter of how it came to be in the public domain in the first place.

And why it was leaked to the media, and by whom.

What was their agenda?

Any ideas on that?

Lad made a mistake, a serious one. Thank God my parents were not in the public eye for my indiscretions to get raked over years later. You're some big man

Ya and politics is a dirty game played by dirty people.

care to guess where this lovely young man is working now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ya and politics is a dirty game played by dirty people.

care to guess where this lovely young man is working now ?

Mod:

Thread is about Mick Wallace, not where his son works. Move on. Thanks.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,639 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Can you show us where the public inquiry said there was "no wrong doing"? Because I don't remember it that way at all, quite the opposite. In fact AFTER the initial penalty points investigation they had to go back and do another investigation because it was found that Gardai were still quashing penalty points. This was despite the Commissioner issuing a diktat that only three senior Gardai in the entire country had her authority to quash penalty points

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2015/01/28/still-quashing/
    You’ll recall how Sgt Maurice McCabe claimed last September that certain gardaí were continuing to cancel penalty points for colleagues, friends and relations, despite assurances from Garda management that the practice no longer took place, particularly since new regulations were introduced on June 16.

The new regulations meant just three senior gardaí could cancel penalty points.
    After Sgt McCabe’s claims were reported in The Sunday Times, the Garda Professional Standards Unit [GPSU] was ordered to carry out an investigation into the claims which led to a two-volume report.
    Volume One of the report was published yesterday. Volume Two will not be published.

It shows that the GPSU examined 667 cancellation cases.
    Of those 667 cases, 54 were quashed after June 16 – the date of change in legislation. Of those 54, the GPSU says seven need further examination.

But overall, of the 667, the GPSU has concluded that 114 of them need further investigation – a fifth of which concern serving or retired gardai.
    god forbid people did a bit of fact checking before opening their mouths

Touche, in fact I'm still waiting on a source from you that backs up your claim that Wallace's allegations on NAMA in the North are "nonsense". So where's your facts to back up your claims? Are you going to practice what you preach? Or instead just fire cheap shots at children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

Satriale wrote: »
    no beating him would make me a criminal , just like him

my previous post berating your response to Satriale was deleted by a moderator for being uncivil. i called your comment idiotic.
    i accept it was a bit harsh, so let me rephrase it in more civil terms.

mynamejeff, i believe your comment was somewhat lacking in inteligence.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Can you show us where the public inquiry said there was "no wrong doing"? Because I don't remember it that way at all, quite the opposite. In fact AFTER the initial penalty points investigation they had to go back and do another investigation because it was found that Gardai were still quashing penalty points. This was despite the Commissioner issuing a diktat that only three senior Gardai in the entire country had her authority to quash penalty points

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2015/01/28/still-quashing/

Touche, in fact I'm still waiting on a source from you that backs up your claim that Wallace's allegations on NAMA in the North are "nonsense". So where's your facts to back up your claims? Are you going to practice what you preach? Or instead just fire cheap shots at children?

you seem a little up set there. have i personally offended you ? or friends of yours ?

bit thin skinned for boards arent you ?

anyway , for all your allegations and gutter media journalism we have yet to see proof of anything from you or the positions that you are here to cheerleader for .

Easy to make an allegation of some nature and never produce the evidence or proof. But if an one questions you, you demand evidence that its not true,

how much sense does you position make really ??

lanos wrote: »
    my previous post berating your response to Satriale was deleted by a moderator for being uncivil. i called your comment idiotic.
    i accept it was a bit harsh, so let me rephrase it in more civil terms.

mynamejeff, i believe your comment was somewhat lacking in inteligence.

would you like me to tell you what i think of your stance of supporting convicted criminals and fraudsters in the house of government or can yu figure that out for your self ?

ditto for my feelings about your opinions of me , but you make sure and have your self a hell of a nice day lanos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mod:

Take it to pm you two! Seriously, more stuff like that and it will be a ban.

I'd suggest both of ye tone down the posts and focus more on the quality of the content, not personal snipes at others. Its below the standard expected in the forum.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,639 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

you seem a little up set there. have i personally offended you ? or friends of yours ?

bit thin skinned for boards arent you ?

anyway , for all your allegations and gutter media journalism we have yet to see proof of anything from you or the positions that you are here to cheerleader for .

Easy to make an allegation of some nature and never produce the evidence or proof. But if an one questions you, you demand evidence that its not true,

how much sense does you position make really ??

I'm not sure why you're getting personal, I must have hit a raw nerve.

Also I think you need to read back on the thread because I didn't make any allegations, you did. You said Wallace's claims are nonsense, I asked you to back it up- three times. The above is your response which I can only presume means you are unable to back it up. Which is rather ironic given that you said
    god forbid people did a bit of fact checking before opening their mouths

You opened your mouth and now I'm asking for a source for you to back up your 'facts'. It appears you can't do this and I guess that is clear for all to see.

But as I said I think I'll take the actions of the SEC and NCA investigations into Wallace's allegations as proof that there is something to be investigated rather than your online mutterings which you weren't able to substantiate when called upon.

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote:
    if only they did pay off the debts to the small business men and trades men that he owes instead of running away from them,

mynamejeff wrote:
    Cant see many of them folks or their family's voting for him next time around

Wallace' s companies went into liquidation because he got no special deal from nama banks unlike other developers. He owed money to foreign banks who put him to the sword. Other property developers had loans to foreign banks transferred to state owned banks. They are getting sweetheart deals at taxpayer expense.
    Wallace is no saint but at least he's shining a light on some very dirty deals. The taxpayer needs transparency when it comes to write offs and deferred interest payments on large commercial loans.

this is outrageous, how dare they request payment of a loan. do they not know that Mick Wallace don't pay his debts.

“I got the letter from Arthur Cox, which is representing them, during the week. I don’t know how I’m going to deal with it yet, but I’ll need legal advice first before I decide what to do,” he said.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/mick-wallace-confirms-2m-cerberus-demand-1.2405514

seems to clear up exactly why mick is so vocal about trying the bring nama down though ,

FCUKING CROOK !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

this is outrageous, how dare they request payment of a loan. do they not know that Mick Wallace don't pay his debts.

“I got the letter from Arthur Cox, which is representing them, during the week. I don’t know how I’m going to deal with it yet, but I’ll need legal advice first before I decide what to do,” he said.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/mick-wallace-confirms-2m-cerberus-demand-1.2405514

seems to clear up exactly why mick is so vocal about trying the bring nama down though ,

FCUKING CROOK !!

He doesn't pay his taxes, why would you expect him to repay his loans?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Dob74 wrote: »
    Wallace is no saint but at least he's shining a light on some very dirty deals.

And all self serving as we now know. Time to find yourself another hero!

FCUKING CROOK !!

That is rather interesting.

Wasn't aware of it.

(He needn't go too far for advice either, Arthur Cox are well experienced at simultaneously advising both parties in such circumstances.)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

That is rather interesting.

Wasn't aware of it.

(He needn't go too far for advice either, Arthur Cox are well experienced at simultaneously advising both parties in such circumstances.)

Are you surprised? The man has no ethics and is looking after his own interests.

Wallace knew his loans were going to be sold on by Ulster Bank(similar to NAMA they are selling on their toxic Irish loan portfolio) and would be called in like most normal loans are so starts mouthing and objecting to this process. Then hits it lucky as a whistle blower approaches him.

He is hanging on for the same strategy that got him off his VAT fraud case(intentionally filed false VAT returns and didn't hand over the VAT given to him by customers to the taxman(ie people of Ireland)). Isn't it funny how you never hear him campaigning for the chap in jail for the vegetable VAT fraud. Self righteous clown. He is no better than Michael Lowry and similarly will get re-elected many times making a mug of the tax payers.

Wasn't he also involved in some disposal of his Italian vineyard to his brother David drumm style

Jim2007 wrote:

Why would you say self serving? The government use there bag of dirty tricks and the naive swallow there bull, hook line and sinker.
    Do you think Michael Lowry , Charles Haughey never did favours for friends. That's the kind of conservative politicians we have in this country. The great and the good are willing to cover up for there friends.

Jim2007 wrote:

Why would you say self serving? The government use there bag of dirty tricks and the naive swallow there bull, hook line and sinker.
    Do you think Michael Lowry , Charles Haughey never did favours for friends. That's the kind of conservative politicians we have in this country. The great and the good are willing to cover up for there friends.

He is hanging on for the same strategy that got him off his VAT fraud case(intentionally filed false VAT returns and didn't hand over the VAT given to him by customers to the taxman(ie people of Ireland)). Isn't it funny how you never hear him campaigning for the chap in jail for the vegetable VAT fraud. Self righteous clown. He is no better than Michael Lowry and similarly will get re-elected many times making a mug of the tax payers.

His company went into luquidation and did have the money to pay the vat among other things.
    The joke is on us coz we are paying every other bankrupt developer vat and large salary . Instead of putting them all into luquidation like we should of.
    But government policy is to keep prices High. Another tax on non property owners.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Dob74 wrote: »
    His company went into luquidation and did have the money to pay the vat among other things.
    The joke is on us coz we are paying every other bankrupt developer vat and large salary . Instead of putting them all into luquidation like we should of.
    But government policy is to keep prices High. Another tax on non property owners.

It went into receivership not liquidation a very very different thing.

Also the company was trading as normal and under the full control of Wallace when he made the false returns (over an 18 month period) and pocketed the VAT which belonged to the tax payers of Ireland (continued to pay both himself and his family a very handsome salary)

The action of the banks / other developers / government / Gandhi has absolutely no relevance or justification for the fact that Wallace stole from the tax payers of Ireland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement